Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie

In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie:
    [QUOTE]They are a bad team and here are the reasons: 1. No catcher 2. A $200M bust of a left fielder 3. The worst bench in baseball
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Jury's still out on No. 2, but I'd say you have a strong case for 1 and 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie : You realize you just became the first person in this board's history to say Wake should have pitched another inning.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LOL.. that's the funniest thing I've seem since Tek's BA!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Joel , I think bringing in Bard was the percentage move. It just didn't work out. Can you imagine the outrage if Tito left Wakefield in, and Wake gave up a bomb?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie : Jury's still out on No. 2, but I'd say you have a strong case for 1 and 3.

Crawford is gonna hit and steal bases, its a lock.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

one more lester tomorrow  6-3 road trip. head home. Bruins win in overtime!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie : Crawford is gonna hit and steal bases, its a lock.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, Mikey. Saw a story recently comparing the last several high-profile free agents who signed with a new team. Teixeira was included. And they all sucked in April. Crawford will come around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

6-3 would be a fine road trip. Too bad though, could have been a little better. Lester? Yes, but will the offense show up? I just can't see Crawford not hitting for much longer, and I can't see Gonzalez having this power outage for much longer. Surely the hits will start coming. Unbelievable!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lloyd just read recently crawford has always had slow starts. he'll be fine until then, his defense will be solid

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]6-3 would be a fine road trip. Too bad though, could have been a little better. Lester? Yes, but will the offense show up? I just can't see Crawford not hitting for much longer, and I can't see Gonzalez having this power outage for much longer. Surely the hits will start coming. Unbelievable!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

crawford has always gotten off to slow starts. gonzo is in a new league facing new pitching. coming back from shoulder surgery. relax

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd just read recently crawford has always had slow starts. he'll be fine until then his defense will be solid
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    yep, he's not even on my list of concerns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Bard blew it hands down.  He missed the locations with Markaikas and Guerro by like 2 feet each.  He was very wild today.  He needs to get it together fast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Bard blew it hands down.  He missed the locations with Markaikas and Guerro by like 2 feet each.  He was very wild today.  He needs to get it together fast.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Yup ... he's on my list of concerns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread Red Sox at Orioles Beckett vs. Guthrie : Yup ... he's on my list of concerns.

remember when the masses were clamoring for Bard to be the closer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

exactly space. be careful what you wish for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I also remember when I was clamoring for Ellis Burks to be the everyday Center Fielder.  Things change...........Bard needs to get back on track.  Control is usually mechanical and can be fixed by looking at tape and working with the pitching coach.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I also remember when I was clamoring for Ellis Burks to be the everyday Center Fielder.  Things change...........Bard needs to get back on track.  Control is usually mechanical and can be fixed by looking at tape and working with the pitching coach.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yes.  I would like to believe Bard can just work on his control and it will get better.  But sometimes, guys just don't have sharp control in their skill set.  Bard can be extermely precise with his pitches.  But, to date, has not found a way to be consistently so.  He is good for a blow-up, even when he is going good, every few outings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd just read recently crawford has always had slow starts. he'll be fine until then, his defense will be solid
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Here is Carl Crawford's overall career line:

.294 BA/.335 OBP/.440 SLG/.775 OPS

... and his career March/April line:

.268/.316/.389/.704

... and his March/April lines for the past six seasons, including this year:

2011 .156/.200/.222/.422
    2010 .337/.390/.551/.941
    2009 .283/.350/.359/.708
    2008 .286/.301/.403/.704
    2007 .270/.348/.480/.828
    2006 .269/.340/.355/.695

Crawford has a high career BABIP* of .329 while this season his BABIP is .178. Of course, those statistics might not be of interest to the detractors of advanced metrics.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1201&position=OF

* Batting Average on Balls in Play