Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23

I thought Bob McLure came highly touted. This is a continuation of September

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23:
    In response to "Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23": Dice gave up two homers tonight to two class A guys who will never be in the bigs. Looks like he's ready for Sox rotation.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Bring 'im up. Better than 5 hr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lester is not mentally tough. Horrible walk to start the fifth. He is a whipped puppy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23":
    I thought Bob McLure came highly touted. This is a continuation of September Posted by ANONMD08
    He can't make chicken salad out of chicken s&@$.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Here goes Lester. Sox will be blown out after this inning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The whole pitching staff is a complete disaster that shows zero signs of turning around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Tis the season of damage control

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I always maintain that numbering the starters one through five is meaningless. It just indicates lower expectations for the 4 and 5 guys , and more money for the supposed 1, 2 and 3 guys. Think about it, over a season all the starters will get roughly the same number of starts. Since , the team with the most wins is the division winner, you could say that each game is equally important. So , what good does it do to say that so and so is your number one or two , etc. ?  I don't get it. Look at what we are seeing. Doubront and Bard have been far better than Beckett , Lester and , especially , Buchholz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Guys, it's time to bench Youk and bring up Middlebrooks.  This team needs youthful energy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Soory guys, but I can't take any more of this tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He was afraid of Mauer. What an ace!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23:
    Lester is not mentally tough. Horrible walk to start the fifth. He is a whipped puppy.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

You're using harsher terms than I have, but I've been saying that since 2008. I can only think of two BIG games where he came through and pitched well when the pressure was on him. One in 9/08 against Tampa at home, and there was one last year, I can't remember against who. He won the final game in the 07 Series, but his team was up 3-0. He chokes. Now Sabathia used to do that all the time too, and re-invented himself in 09. Lester will have to do the same.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Game thread Red Sox/Twins 4/23":
    Guys, it's time to bench Youk and bring up Middlebrooks.  This team needs youthful energy. Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    They won't bring him up until after july 1st so he isn't a year ahead on free agency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sweeney hits and hits and hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We definitely can still win this. Marquis does not look any better than Lester.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Leave him in . Please!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

When the hell is A-Gon gong to start showing more consistent power?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good grief. Is Gonzalez every going to do anything besides bounce out and hit sac flies?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Wow. They are done for tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Lame! thats just how the season is going....not our way. However your #3 and 4 shouldn't be hitting the ball on the freaking ground in those situations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Got to hold them now.......We're not done scoring

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42nyc. Show 42nyc's posts

wow. that was a beautiful DP.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Just can't get a break.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Not sure what changed, but Lester has become a HOT HEAD, easily losing his composure at the slightest bad call.  IT SHOWS ALL OVER HIS FACE!   The ANGER!  It seems to me he's been like this since Lackey came here????  Why this has not been addressed is beyond me!!!!!

I love this kid!  He's got the goods, but if they don't address this soon, he could be gone before he ever gets his career really off the ground!

p.s.  WHAT A PLAY!  WOW!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is just uncanny. We cannot do anything right , going all the way back to last September.

Sections
Shortcuts