Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop:
    [QUOTE]Jeter is a weird name for someone on a Red Sox forum.
    Posted by Pollyanna1964[/QUOTE]

Kim is still saying nothing of importance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

Win a 100 games, I'd take 93 at this point which is four more then last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

We are up Sh*** creek with this pitching staff. I love the Sox but let's be realistic with this pathetic pitching were seeing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

man does our pitching suck!lackey is not even as good as wake.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

What happened to this team:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/2011-red-sox-will-challenge-1927-yankees-for-title-of-greatest-team-in-major-league-history.html

??????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Has Tito even sleep walked out to the hill to ask if Lacks has any bullets left in the tank or gas in the gun?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Darn, they took lackey out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wake is better than lackey - no doubt about it...amazingly sad isnt it? who wouldve thunk it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its the 4th inning and Tampa has a 5-0 leading. I keep hoping that Lackey will return to the form of 2009 when he was a Anaheim Angel. The Red Sox do not come back in games. I do not think either one of my hopes are coming true. This game is over. This team is in complete freefall and has been since the two off days due to the hurricane and they cannot get back on track. Thats where the manager needs to light a fire underneath them. He is way too much of a players manager and I think this team needs a more iron fisted guy.  Right now our pitchers like Lackey, Miller, and Wakefield are putting their offenses in a hole quick. 

With the way Lackey is going, they say you need a gun for armed robbery. He is awful and will not be any better when and if this team makes the playoffs which I doubt they will. Tampa is hungrier.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop:
    [QUOTE]man does our pitching suck!lackey is not even as good as wake.
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]

Lackey just plain s u c k s... no other way to say it... how someone who used to be so good with the Angels and now is this horrible is beyond me... and these little tantrums he does is getting old....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

yeah how are you enjoying the last couple of games lately. I think they suc# frankly.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : You make assinine posts on other threads and others correct you and you don't have the guts to respond. Sounds chicken to me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why do you think they summoned Atchieson from Pawtucket ? because they knew Lackey is a big question mark and would need long relief tonight.  I cannot believe we spent 85 million on this clown.

[QUOTE]yeah how are you enjoying the last couple of games lately. I think they suc# frankly. In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

amazing it isn't 8 or 9 -0 w/ Tito

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]Yes even a PollyAnna like myself is discouraged about Lackey tonight.  Excuse me while I open up my window and shout that I'm not going to take it anymore. Surely my efforts will not be in vain.

You don't have enough posts here to be able to post here.  I am notifying the troll police.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why is Pedroia swinging at a 3-1 pitch when they are down by 5 runs. Make the pitcher work. Even Ortiz swings at the first pitch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Yes even a PollyAnna like myself is discouraged about Lackey tonight.  Excuse me while I open up my window and shout that I'm not going to take it anymore. Surely my efforts will not be in vain.

It's impossible not to be discouraged about Lackey at this point. He signed a big contract and he has not delivered. He is painful to watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDubs2. Show JDubs2's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays are going to be right back in it while spit and chew makes excuses when he needs to kick them in the rear end. He defends these guy way too much.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What kills me about Lackey is that he gives up golf shots then starts barking at everybody. Its his fault and he plain out stinks. I am sorry about his wife being sick at the beginning of the year, but the army did not care too much about my family when they sent me to do my job in Iraq. I expect more from  my money for him and expect him to compete.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : It's impossible not to be discouraged about Lackey at this point. He signed a big contract and he has not delivered. He is painful to watch.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I wonder if Lackey will stay in the rotation for the duration of his contract?  How many teams continue to use a starter with an ERA of 6.30 ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They are going to have to eat a big portion of his contract to get him out of here for next year. Even if they make the playoffs there is no way that anyone can have any confidence in him.
    [QUOTE]I wonder if Lackey will stay in the rotation for the duration of his contract?  How many teams continue to use a starter with an ERA of 6.30 ? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wow another Gag job tonight.  Nothing like having 3 automatic L's in the rotation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i wish lester could pitch every night

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

with the lack of O, it really doesn't matter how many runs lacks surrendered

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if Lackey will stay in the rotation for the duration of his contract?  How many teams continue to use a starter with an ERA of 6.30 ? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That is a frightening thought. The Sox cannot afford to have him in the starting rotation any longer.

Sections
Shortcuts