Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

Would not surprise me if Youk was out for the season. Or , what is left of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop:
    In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : tcal, I hate to even post this b/c of the hate I'll get for it, but there's part of me that acutally wants this team to not make the playoffs. They don't deserve it. What an absolute joke this season has turned into. I love the Sox, but where's the dignity and fire of competitiveness? Not there, and then all the injuries on top of it.
    Posted by TheExaminer

I hear you Exam.  I think the laid back attitude of the coach is destroying the team.  It's like last year all over again.  Limp and lose down the stretch (resting players) then early exit from playoffs. 

Does anyone actually think Bill Belichick would ever not play his best players or Play not to win every game by 50.  F**K no.  That's why Francona will never be considered by many as a great coach or be given any credit for the 2 championships the Team won during his tenure.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop:
    In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : I've never thought Youk looked healthy from day one this year. It shows all over him. First the hand, then the back, now this. Youk is a gamer, just can't get well this year. I'll tell you guys, like I posted last night--the emotion I feel the most through all this is sadness. I remember taking off work early on April the first (how ironic) this year to come home and watch the game, and how awesome things looked when AG got that big hit to give us the lead.  I remember how excited I was to see the new players, and just like the rest of you, thought we were the inside track to win it all. It's heartbreaking to see this team reduced to this. Is there really no fight left in them? Surely it can't end THIS badly....but who knows.
    Posted by TheExaminer

exam, pollyanna is pike.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Now , the word is that Lackey left due to a calf contusion from when he got hit with the line drive. And here I thought they took him out because he stunk.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Good one!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Watching these guys at the plate, they look like a very ordinary ballclub. No spark whatsoever. We may very well see the worst crash by the Sox since '78. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : exam, FYI, pollyanna is pike.
    Posted by J-BAY

He is known as Pawsox Phil / Pollyanna / Pike. And he is always present and looking over our shoulders.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : exam, for the old times, pollyanna is pike.
    Posted by J-BAY

You think?
     Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Unfortunately I have to listen to the Rays announcers because I live in FL and the Sox channels are blacked out when playing the Rays.  Only thing worse is when the Rays are winning.  They actually have spent most of the game talking about the chances the Rays have of catching the Sox. Dream on!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pollyanna is like a rose in a garden of ragweed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

If the Sox blow this gig, at least you guys have the Pats and Bruins to fall back on. What have I got? The Cleveland Browns and minor league hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : I hear you Exam.  I think the laid back attitude of the coach is destroying the team.  It's like last year all over again.  Limp and lose down the stretch (resting players) then early exit from playoffs.  Does anyone actually think Bill Belichick would ever not play his best players or Play not to win every game by 50.  F**K no.  That's why Francona will never be considered by many as a great coach or be given any credit for the 2 championships the Team won during his tenure.
    Posted by tcal2-

I've always loved Francona, you couldn't find a nicer guy, and I've been loathed to criticize him. But I have to admit, that some of the criticisms posted on here have some merit. Tito was the right medicine for the catatonic depression that came about out of the Brett Boone debacle. And that same calmness was good for the 04/07 comebacks, but do you think it's run it's course now? This team seems to need some good old fashioned fire.

Here's the quote of the day, it seems fitting: "Why did we not attack them and drive them into the river? I do not understand these things, but I am just a boy." (Private Elisha Hunt Rhodes on General McClellan's milquetoast strategy) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Unfortunately I have to listen to the Rays announcers because I live in FL and the Sox channels are blacked out when playing the Rays.  Only thing worse is when the Rays are winning.  They actually have spent most of the game talking about the chances the Rays have of catching the Sox. Dream on!
    Posted by traven

Yeah, I tend to agree. In spite of it all, I think the Sox will swoop in and save themselves the WC at the last moment. After that is a crapshoot....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the 100 or so fans in the stands are mostly Sox fans. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Red Sox vs. Devil Dogs, Sept. 9, 2011 Lackey vs Davis @ the trop : He is known as Pawsox Phil / Pollyanna / Pike. And he is always present and looking over our shoulders.
    Posted by dgalehouse

I didn't notice that the first time I saw it, but have wondered tonight when I saw some of the comments "she" made. Pike is a coward that won't stand up and post in the light for all to see. He uses "asymetrical posting", he's a "posting terrorist". Fires his homeade rocket and hides. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Weiland vs Hellickson next game. Greeeeeeeaaaaat!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDubs2. Show JDubs2's posts

You know I make fun of the constant optimists because I feel they are too over the top and often hypercritical of opponents but everyone in here is a believer.  No matter how fed up you are with this team you know they are a good team.  Will they win it all?  I'm a Yankee fan so I won't say that  but this is a good team that will be ready to go by the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Say goodbye to any playoff aspirations this team might have had,this team stinks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cowboy up , blue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Just heard that Bucholtz will pitch in the final series of the year vs the O's

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You know, Morales is not half bad. Had a couple of rough outings , but it is not that easy to find a lefty reliever who throws that hard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You know I make fun of the constant optimists because I feel they are too over the top and often hypercritical of opponents but everyone in here is a believer.  No matter how fed up you are with this team you know they are a good team.  Will they win it all?  I'm a Yankee fan so I won't say that  but this is a good team that will be ready to go by the playoffs.
    Posted by JDubs2

Spoken like a nervous Yankee fan. Nice of you to say, and I might even agree with you were it not for the rash of injuries we've had in the last week. This team healthy could flip a switch and roll over anybody. Beat up like they are, I still think they'll make WC, but probably lose in the first round.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You would think the Rays won the stupid pennant listening to these announcers.  I dislike them more than the Yankee announcers I think!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, better luck tommorow. I think if we could just take one game in this series it would seriously damage the Rays' chances. They need to sweep to have a decent chance. I think we can get one, although our best chance is Sunday with Lester, and they're throwing Shields that day. Could get ugly. Night all.....

Sections
Shortcuts