Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates

DMac is now 1 for 8 in the series. He's actually RAISED his average from .108 to .111 with this weekend's performance.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Well D-Mack and Cameron have had their chances this year.

The way I see it is that by the end of the July, unless one of them heats up in the next couple of weeks, that will be a move that Theo makes. Solifify RF and the bench OF. Unless Drew finds the fountain of youth quickly, I can see Reddick getting the starts with Theo bringing in a RH-hitting RF.

We'll see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

nice play pedey......colorado back on top  4-3 6th

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Well at least I can run to the store with the Sox winning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates:
    [QUOTE]another quality start for Miller
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]hi all. how do we justify taking miller out of the rotation when buch is back? i say keep wake alive too and put the lacking to sleep for a while in the bullpen regardless of salary as the giants did with zito. he's a waste, lets get passed it. if lack pithched today, we are losing by 5 already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Would have like more. Still no hitting with RISP. Up to the pen , now.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Go to fullsize image

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice inning by Aceves. Let's get a couple more here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Three hard hit balls, but all for outs. So much better that walking five in a row.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates : hi all. how do we justify taking miller out of the rotation when buch is back? i say keep wake alive too and put the lacking to sleep for a while in the bullpen regardless of salary as the giants did with zito. he's a waste, lets get passed it. if lack pithched today, we are losing by 5 already.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

not a bad point but maybe the Sox could benefit by having Miller in the pen - a hard throwing lefty is tough to come by.  We haven't had one since Alan Embree in 2004........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates : hi all. how do we justify taking miller out of the rotation when buch is back? i say keep wake alive too and put the lacking to sleep for a while in the bullpen regardless of salary as the giants did with zito. he's a waste, lets get passed it. if lack pithched today, we are losing by 5 already.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree. Our five best starters, with everyone healthy, are Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Wakefield and Miller.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boissroy. Show boissroy's posts

After Miller tried to hit Frye for the close throws at Dustin the announcer for the Pirates said that the Sox didn't know better beacuse they play in the American League. A complete insult to Sox fans and all of baseball fans. The announcer thought that retaliation should have happened when their pitcher came up to bat, not innings later when the catcher was softly thown at. Also they same idiot said that Papi "Through" an elbow trying to score on a fly ball. What unprofessional crap. Red Sox Nation respond!!!!!! Homer announcers need not apply.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates : not a bad point but maybe the Sox could benefit by having Miller in the pen - a hard throwing lefty is tough to come by.  We haven't had one since Alan Embree in 2004........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

agreed, at least for now. Lackey had a good start off the DL, the last was a disaster, but it was also during a hurricane

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Would like to have a hard throwing lefty in the pen, but starting pitching is the most important thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Well D-Mack and Cameron have had their chances this year. The way I see it is that by the end of the July, unless one of them heats up in the next couple of weeks, that will be a move that Theo makes. Solifify RF and the bench OF. Unless Drew finds the fountain of youth quickly, I can see Reddick getting the starts with Theo bringing in a RH-hitting RF. We'll see.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

End of July?  I can feel the arteries in my Brain stretching, no way I can last another month roy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Everyone trying to blow it at once. Rockies and Astros both cough it up. Both games now tied.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]After Miller tried to hit Frye for the close throws at Dustin the announcer for the Pirates said that the Sox didn't know better beacuse they play in the American League. A complete insult to Sox fans and all of baseball fans. The announcer thought that retaliation should have happened when their pitcher came up to bat, not innings later when the catcher was softly thown at. Also they same idiot said that Papi "Through" an elbow trying to score on a fly ball. What unprofessional crap. Red Sox Nation respond!!!!!! Homer announcers need not apply.
    Posted by boissroy[/QUOTE]
    You have Extra Innings, too, I see. These guys are awful, no question. Though I do think Miller should have brushed back McDonald when he led off the inning. (As it turns out, he walked him).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bard with 28 pitches last night, but very well rested before that. Should be okay.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice work, Bard. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Is it my imagination, or is the Sox bullpen looking fairly solid lately? Dare I say that before the game is actually OVER? Glad to see the old Bard back again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And still, Reddick nonchalants one.  You'd think the error would have smartened him up a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Would rather see Sutton than Cameron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates : You have Extra Innings, too, I see. These guys are awful, no question. Though I do think Miller should have brushed back McDonald when he led off the inning. (As it turns out, he walked him).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

They're whining because they haven't won anything since Barry Bonds weighed in at under 180. St. Louis announcers are equally bad, whine, whine, whine. Would you beleive that they are STILL talking about game one of the 2004 WS, and how they got stiffed? They claim they might have won that series if "thus and such" had happened. Ridiculous. NOBODY was gonna beat that Sox team after coming back against NY.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice wheels, Jacoby...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Good hustle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Good time for a hit and run.