Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Red Sox vs. Pirates:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

London calling.

Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

It's a win and it stopped the bleeding. I expect that we'll play well against Philly. We tend to play to the level of the competition. Halladay went today and Oswalt is hurt so I'm guessing we get Lee, Hammels and Blanton. I think we can get two of three, if not all three, with a clutch hit or two. Philly's offense isn't what it's been in years past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]It's a win and it stopped the bleeding. I expect that we'll play well against Philly. We tend to play to the level of the competition. Halladay went today and Oswalt is hurt so I'm guessing we get Lee, Hammels and Blanton. I think we can get two of three, if not all three, with a clutch hit or two. Philly's offense isn't what it's been in years past.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. The biggest key is Beckett. If he doesn't show any holdover from his illness, I think we're in good shape there. Lackey is ticked off enough to want to pitch a decent game (gulp), and then there's Lester.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Based on ESPN, the Philly matchups are:

Tu - Beckett vs. Lee
    W - Lackey vs.Worley
    Th - Lester vs. Kendrick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I like those matchups. Get past game one with a win, and who knows what could happen?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]Based on ESPN, the Philly matchups are: Tu - Beckett vs. Lee W - Lackey vs. Blanton Th - Lester vs. Kendrick

Doesn't sound like Charlie Manuel would lineup that way agasint the Sox.  I expect at the least Lee and Hamels.  Haladay just threw a complete game today, so missed him by a day.  Without him, Hamels should pitch in place of Kendrick.

That will be 2 lefties, that too premier lefties, against the Sox.  As long as Sox can win at least 1, that will be sweet.  Of course, rooting for Sox sweeping the Phillies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

More yeoman comedy by softy; the Koufax reference, cracks about the 5 hole, and bunt plays were precious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Based on ESPN, the Philly matchups are: Tu - Beckett vs. Lee W - Lackey vs.Worley Th - Lester vs. Kendrick
    Not at all unhappy to miss Doc.