Game Thread RedSox(68-82@Tampa Bay(79-70) Thursday 9/20/12....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread RedSox(68-82@Tampa Bay(79-70) Thursday 9/20/12....

We have had so many blown saves this year.  Losing Papelbon was the start of our downfall. Bailey looking to blow a three run lead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

BV YAWNING In The Dugout Makes Me ILL.......................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This  just caps off the whole disgusting year.  Bailey is our closer?   Good night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

What a joke...this team is terrible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

BV is done..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Thanks BUCH You Pitched A Good Game, All For Not, Thanks BV Your A Looser, i

Can Hardly Wait Till Your Azz Is Bounced.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Good Grief

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Padilla is another bum that needs to go.  I still say that losing Papelbon set everything in motion for this year.  Buchholz was near 100 pitches. Put the blame where it belongs. Bailey blew it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

6 runs in the 9th?  What happened to this team? This is beyond pathetic. Clay played great

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The good news......only 11 games left

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Till next year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Padilla is another bum that needs to go.  I still say that losing Papelbon set everything in motion for this year.  Buchholz was near 100 pitches. Put the blame where it belongs. Bailey blew it. 

[/QUOTE]

Buch Was Cruzing......BV Is A  Dumd A$$....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

There isn't much left of the team to give away...but I'm for it...It is painful to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

This  just caps off the whole disgusting year.  Bailey is our closer?   Good night.

[/QUOTE]

I know right?  He has been awesome for three years and had a bad game.  I think we should DFA him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I love how the same guys that say things like "give iggy a chance, give him time" freak out when Bailey has one bad game.

It shows a lot of consistency of thought.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Red Sux blow another one. Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

What a bunch of loserbums. I am glad they lost though...no need to win games now. Draft positioning is much more important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Interesting stats:  As a team , the Sox have 34 saves and 21 blown saves this year.  21 BLOWN SAVES !!!! Jonathan Papelbon , with the Phils, has 36 saves and 4 blown saves. His ERA is 2.37 . Aceves ERA is 5.00 . Padilla's ERA is 4.79 .  Bailey's ERA is now 6.75.    Also , the loss of Papelbon caused us to trade Reddick for Bailey.  Reddick , with Oakland , now has 29 homers, 5 triples, 11 stolen bases and 14 outfield assists.  Is there any question that the loss of Papelbon triggered our downfall ?   Can it even be disputed ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting stats:  As a team , the Sox have 34 saves and 21 blown saves this year.  21 BLOWN SAVES !!!! Jonathan Papelbon , with the Phils, has 36 saves and 4 blown saves. His ERA is 2.37 . Aceves ERA is 5.00 . Padilla's ERA is 4.79 .  Bailey's ERA is now 6.75.    Also , the loss of Papelbon caused us to trade Reddick for Bailey.  Reddick , with Oakland , now has 29 homers, 5 triples, 11 stolen bases and 14 outfield assists.  Is there any question that the loss of Papelbon triggered our downfall ?   Can it even be disputed ?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know right?  He has been awesome for three years and had a bad game.  I think we should DFA him.

[/QUOTE]

You have been defending the trade of Reddick for Bailey.  So , your reaction is expected.  An objective look at it shows that Oakland got much the better of it.  Bailey may change things next year , but for now the numbers tell the story. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Phillies have 39 saves and 19 blown saves.  Boston has 34 saves and 21 blown saves.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the problems go a little deeper than that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have been defending the trade of Reddick for Bailey.  So , your reaction is expected.  An objective look at it shows that Oakland got much the better of it.  Bailey may change things next year , but for now the numbers tell the story. 

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, because bailey is really good, and he had one bad game and you are freaking out.  I just posted the numbers.  It isn't much of a story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Lastly, of course Oakland got the better of the trade this year.  

With that said anyone that follows baseball knows how good Bailey is. The reason I have "defended the trade" is because the guy is one of the best closers in baseball.  This is known.

tonight he was horrible.  No argument there.

Papelbon was signed for 4 years at 50 million I believe.  I think we are all smart enough to recognize long term implications.  In two years the same people that are saying how much we needed Paps this year are going to be glad he isn't on the books. 

24. This post has been removed.