Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : Not familiar with the picture /> />>>  Please explain :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Google "Taxi Driver" with Robert DiNero. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

lol,  The internet is fiction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : drew's been in and out of the lineup London. no one will do well without playing consistently. he is always solid in RF. i'd rather drew than Dmac. Reddick more than drew
    Posted by J-BAY

drew is a GREAT defensive RF but as a hitter he's finished

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : drew is a GREAT defensive RF but as a hitter he's finished
    Posted by LondonRedSox

i agree he's at the end of the line, but i think if he played more, his numbers would be better than they are. that said, francona just said they need DMAC to fill the role, so we'll have to wait and see. no mention of Youk, so i guess he's ok

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : Taxi Driver...Travis Bickle wants to assassinate Senator Palantine and Sport (Keitel) is a p i m p.
    Posted by jimdavis

Are you talking to *me*?

I don't see anyone else here!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Posted by LondonRedSox

Didn't you already smiley-face this victory, London?  I guess all of this conversation distracted you. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : Taxi Driver...Travis Bickle wants to assassinate Senator Palantine and Sport (Keitel) is a p i m p.
    Posted by jimdavis

OOOPS!!   Taxi Driver... DiNero :)  Love the movie!!!  How could anyone have a problem with that?????

That's like having a problem with Catcher in the Rye       PLEASE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm going with a J.D. .......... Salinger avatar??????????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

GREAT GAME ALL!!!!!!!!!!!   :)   :)

Lovin Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

BTW, do I think you are a homophobe because of your avatar?

Do I think you are moralphobe because you use buzz word "homophobe"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

BTW, do I think you are a homophobe because of your avatar? Do I think you are moralphobe because you use buzz word "homophobe"?
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman

The character in his avatar is a homophobe...part of the plot of the movie.  What are you talking about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox @ Astros Game 2 : The character in his avatar is a homophobe...part of the plot of the movie.  What are you talking about?
    Posted by jimdavis

Not sure what your talking about jim?  Here is the Plot to the movie DOGMA. 

By the way I'm offended by you calling me names. 

Plot

The film opens with an old man (Bud Cort) outside a skee ball arcade in New Jersey being beaten into a coma by three hockey stick-wielding teenagers (the Stygian Triplets).

Two fallen angelsBartleby (Ben Affleck), a watcher, and Loki (Matt Damon), the former Angel of Death — were banished from Heaven after an inebriated Loki, with Bartleby's encouragement, resigned. Exiled to Wisconsin for all of eternity, the pair see their salvation when a church in Red Bank, New Jersey celebrates its centennial anniversary with a plenary indulgence. They can have their sins forgiven by passing through the doors of that church, and—upon death—regain access to Heaven. They fail to realize that this will overrule the word of God and therefore destroy all of existence.

Metatron, aka the Voice of God

Metatron (Alan Rickman), the seraph who acts as the Voice of God, appears to Bethany Sloane (Linda Fiorentino) and tasks her with preventing Bartleby and Loki's return. Bethany resists the mission, as she lost her faith in God due to her infertility and resultant divorce. The next night, Bethany is almost attacked by the Stygian Triplets—but is saved by Jay and Silent Bob (Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith), two prophets whom Metatron said would appear. She is also aided by Rufus (Chris Rock), the thirteenth apostle left out of the Bible because he is black, and Serendipity (Salma Hayek), a Muse with writer's block.

Loki suggests getting back on God's "good side" before their return; Bartleby thinks it unnecessary but complies. Due to idolatry and various personal sins, Loki kills all but one member of the board of directors of a company whose mascot is a golden calf. The demon Azrael (Jason Lee), a former Muse, warns them that the forces of Heaven and Hell are attempting to kill them, as Satan will not let them succeed where he has failed and make him look bad, and Loki's killings are counterproductive. Bethany's party unwittingly meet the angels on a train, where a drunk Bethany reveals her mission—and the consequences of the angels' plan—to Bartleby, who then threatens to kill Bethany before a melee ensues, in which Bartleby and Loki are thrown off the train by Silent Bob.

Bartleby snaps, ranting that existence would be better off destroyed as God shows man infinite patience, while angels are punished after one transgression. Loki is alarmed by the ramifications of their plan and Bartleby's sudden change in personality, and becomes reluctant to continue, comparing Bartleby's attitude to that of Lucifer. Bartleby orders him onwards, claiming nothing can stop them.

Bethany learns the reason she was chosen for the mission: she is the Last Scion, the last descendant of Mary and Joseph and hence last relative of Jesus Christ. Metatron comforts Bethany as she copes with this revelation, and the group ponders who orchestrated the angels' plan. Metatron explains that God goes to Earth in human form every now and again to play skee ball, and has gone missing on his most recent trip; apparently, someone knew enough to incapacitate God, leaving Him alive but unable to return to Heaven. The group deduces that Lucifer has as much to lose if Bartleby and Loki succeed as anyone else. Arriving at the church, they fail to persuade Cardinal Glick (George Carlin) to cancel the celebration.

When Bartleby and Loki reach the church, Bartleby begins to massacre all in attendance at the church's centennial celebration. At a nearby bar, Azrael captures the heroes and explains that he is the mastermind behind the Angels' plan; he wants to destroy existence rather than spend eternity in Hell, but he was forced to manipulate Bartleby and Loki, as demons cannot become human. Silent Bob kills Azrael with Cardinal Glick's blessed golf club. Serendipity tells Bethany to bless the sink, making the water in the sink holy; Jay, Rufus and Serendipity then kill the Stygian Triplets by dunking their heads into the sanctified water.

The heroes reach the church before Bartleby and Loki enter. Loki's wings have been torn off by Bartleby; he is now human and decides to help the others. Bartleby kills Loki and fights off Rufus, Serendipity and Bob. During an attempt to seduce Bethany, Jay mentions John Doe Jersey, a comatose patient (from the opening scene) in a hospital across the street who was attacked outside a skee ball arcade and is being kept on life support. Hoping this is God trapped in mortal form, Bethany and Bob race to the hospital. Jay foolishly shoots off Bartleby's wings with a submachine gun, turning him human.

Bethany removes the life support, allowing God to escape while inadvertently killing Bethany. In the form of a woman, God (Alanis Morissette) manifests at the church before a remorseful Bartleby, and kills him with the power of Her voice. Silent Bob shows up with Bethany's bloodstained corpse. God resurrects Bethany and conceives another Scion inside her. The heavenly beings return to Heaven through the church doors, leaving Bethany, Jay and Bob to reflect on events.

Sections
Shortcuts