Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27

In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : Sabathia is not pitching tomorrow. Girardi would be crazy to start him. They already announced it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]GOING FOR 20...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What would be the sweetest though would be to waltz into TB Thursday and take their heart out with a victory--I just don't trust this team to be able to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Girardi using Mo Rivera now so he wont have to tomorrow... we will probably have a playoff game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : and get rid of Ellsbury...the reverse pivot has killed us this year...bring back Cameron for the playoffs and make Ellsbury a pinch runner only lol 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

And we demand that you bring back Beltre, and use Youk to back him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]What would be the sweetest though would be to waltz into TB Thursday and take their heart out with a victory--I just don't trust this team to be able to do it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Who would pitch?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Another poster taking Softlaw seriously. When will they ever learn?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

why Bard now? I hope he does well here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Papelbon should be throwing right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

[QUOTE]What would be the sweetest though would be to waltz into TB Thursday and take their heart out with a victory--I just don't trust this team to be able to do it.
    Sox deserve payback from ALCS game 7 2008.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Girardi using Mo Rivera now so he wont have to tomorrow... we will probably have a playoff game
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, unless Daniel Bard blows this game wide open. That happens, the season is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]U TAKE HIM OUT FOR U NEED HIM FOR THE PLAYOFFS No, you leave him in until he fails to retire a batter in the 8th. Give up on the pitch count nonsense, which has ruined Red Sox pitching. Its all about whether a pitcher is starting to labor in his delivery. Fire Epstein and all of the pitching bean counter idiots that the Red Sox have. Do not bring Varitek back!
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]dont forget that epstein drafted lavarnway! theo gets an A for his drafts, free agent stuff can be corrected, just make him hire a gray beard for free agency advice in same way they have bill james for numbers consulting..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Dumb play by Pedroia.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : Who would pitch?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. Could be that Wakefield is all we have left. That's why I say I don't have confidence, but that's exactly where we're headed DG, and that's if Jon Lester doesn't ghack it up tommorow night. Avoiding a playoff is going to be a miracle--assuming we win these 2--which is a big assumption. The good thing is, the Rays shot their wad too against NYY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

How do you think the players at the lower end of the pay scale who are busting their butts feel about the multi million dollar guys who do little to earn their money?Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Just heard on the Yankee broadcast that they won't be using any pitchers on the playoff roster. Thanks for all those give away losses, Tito, leaving us counting on the Yankees farm club tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : Um, yeah, unless Daniel Bard blows this game wide open. That happens, the season is over.

If that happens, Francona should be kicked out. I do not care of not having a coach, I dont mind hiring Varitek as the temp coach but this move is making me nervous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : I have no idea. Could be that Wakefield is all we have left. That's why I say I don't have confidence, but that's exactly where we're headed DG, and that's if Jon Lester doesn't ghack it up tommorow night. Avoiding a playoff is going to be a miracle--assuming we win these 2--which is a big assumption. The good thing is, the Rays shot their wad too against NYY.

I don't think there is any way in the world that Wakefield starts.  Maybe Lackey with a very short leash.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yankees going down like lambs in the top of the 9th inning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bard is the set up man. You have to trust him here, with Pap warming in case of trouble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game thread: Sox @ Orioles 9/27 : I don't think there is any way in the world that Wakefield starts.  Maybe Lackey with a very short leash.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

There are no good options, and even if they get in, there's no one left to pitch game one. If you use Lackey, who'd pitch? If they get in straight, the rotation would be Lackey, Beckett, Lester. But if you have the playoff and win it, there's literally nobody left but Wakefield--against CJ Wilson or Verlander. That's a joke--such a huge joke in fact, that he might luck himself into a win just because of the irony. Meanwhile, Bard touched up again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Where is Papelbon?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Bard sucks now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Please take Bard out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Time for Pap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

uh oh, is this going to be another bard/paps implosion?