Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer

Go Sox!
    Here are the lineups for the last game of the series:

RED SOX 
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Cameron RF
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Scutaro SS

Pitching: RHP John Lackey (1-2, 9.82)

ANGELS   
    Izturis 2B
    Abreu DH
    Hunter RF
    Callaspo 3B
    Wells LF
    Kendrick 1B
    Aybar SS
    Mathis C
    Bourjos CF

Pitching: RHP Matt Palmer (1-0, 4.22)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer

Oh-oh, Lowrie sitting.  I don't like it.  IMO he's better defensively than Marco.  His offense speaks for itself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

I dont get it either ......Super Jed sitting WHY ....Say it aint so TITO!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Its a day game after a night game boys.  And you can't just let Scutaro rot on the bench.  Its a RHP going for the Angels. Its ok.  Chances are Jed gets some cuts before the day is done anyway. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

6. www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_blends/sw/images/sweep.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_blends/sw/pages/sweep.htm&usg=__H0R0yauob7jPXViXbEPjaXBy7UQ=&h=321&w=264&sz=21&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=kx2qeKPVnBEHoM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=97&ei=ImC0TYDtB6aC0QGkxMGmCQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsweep%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1053%26bih%3D409%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1" class="rg_l">

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Did I miss something? Why is Drew sitting ??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I'm OK with Tito's lineup

• You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

cameron makes me ill when he starts....i must eat Easter dinner before the game - but other than that Im ok with the lineup-the key is Lackey, can he keep the awesome pitching going????

Pitching: RHP John Lackey (1-2, 9.82)
    YIKES!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer:
    Its a day game after a night game boys.  And you can't just let Scutaro rot on the bench.  Its a RHP going for the Angels. Its ok.  Chances are Jed gets some cuts before the day is done anyway. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

But what about the other six guys who played last night?  I know you can't sub for everyone, but why Lowrie?  Why not Gonzalez, for instance, who should maybe rest his shoulder for a game?  Let Ortiz flash some leather at first.  Or play Youk at first, Lowrie at third and Scut at short.  I just wonder how you sit your hottest hitter.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Looks like the two birds in the ALE will register the first 12th L of the season today, and maintain the bottom 2 spots for the rest of the season.

It's again starting to look like a 3 team race for the ALE.

Ray's rotation is not bad.  Sox have the best rotation.  Yanks rotation has over achieved.

Hope Lackey will continue to improve his pitching, his last start was not bad giving up only one run.

Sox lineup usually struggles with new pitchers, like Palmer today.  So keeping fingers crossed, and praying for another gem from the Sox pitching.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer : But what about the other six guys who played last night?  I know you can't sub for everyone, but why Lowrie?  Why not Gonzalez, for instance, who should maybe rest his shoulder for a game?  Let Ortiz flash some leather at first.  Or play Youk at first, Lowrie at third and Scut at short.  I just wonder how you sit your hottest hitter.
    Posted by joel49

Ortiz flash some leather at first Joel?  Methinks you've been messin' with that Norcal wacky tobaccy.  Jes kiddin'.  I hear what you are saying of course.  I want Jed in their everyday at this point.  But, I want Gonzo in the line-up everyday so he can find his power groove.  And of course I am hitting Ortiz against a righty.  So, in the interest of not letting Scutaro go to rot, I can see Francona's thinking this morning.  Like I said, I bet we see Jed's bat before the day is through anyway.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think Lackey will go 7 innings and give up 3 earned runs.

Boston wins tonight 5-4. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Looks like the two birds in the ALE will register the first 12th L of the season today, and maintain the bottom 2 spots for the rest of the season. It's again starting to look like a 3 team race for the ALE. Ray's rotation is not bad.  Sox have the best rotation.  Yanks rotation has over achieved. Hope Lackey will continue to improve his pitching, his last start was not bad giving up only one run. Sox lineup usually struggles with new pitchers, like Palmer today.  So keeping fingers crossed, and praying for another gem from the Sox pitching.
    Posted by blingblang
    hey Bling, Happy Easter bud ..how goes it?...pitching really coming around, if this is a true turnaround May's gonna be interesting...i don't think they have overachieved, CC's pitched like he does, maybe AJ's pitching a bit over his head right now, but we know he's capable, though i don't know how a whole season will play out but i think other than Hughes being able pitch well(so far nada) i feel Garcia will be our X-factor among our starters...hate to say this but i'm not sold on Colon, my hope is Garcia and Nova are able to pitch well in support...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't get. They are off tomorrow. Does anyone really need a rest this early? Lowrie has been the hottest hitter.  And Cameron in for Drew against a right hander? What kind of reverse platoon is that? I don't like the lineup at all. Hope it doesn't break our momentum. A sweep would be nice.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer : But what about the other six guys who played last night?  I know you can't sub for everyone, but why Lowrie?  Why not Gonzalez, for instance, who should maybe rest his shoulder for a game?  Let Ortiz flash some leather at first.  Or play Youk at first, Lowrie at third and Scut at short.  I just wonder how you sit your hottest hitter.
    Posted by joel49

I agree.  Don't forget tomorrow is an off day as well.  The last thing Lowrie needs is 2 days off.

In Response to Re: Game Thread Sox vs. Angels Lackey vs. Palmer : Ortiz flash some leather at first Joel?  Methinks you've been messin' with that Norcal wacky tobaccy.  Jes kiddin'.  I hear what you are saying of course.  I want Jed in their everyday at this point.  But, I want Gonzo in the line-up everyday so he can find his power groove.  And of course I am hitting Ortiz against a righty.  So, in the interest of not letting Scutaro go to rot, I can see Francona's thinking this morning.  Like I said, I bet we see Jed's bat before the day is through anyway.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Strictly medicinal, space. Wink 
    The big guy has comported himself well at first in WS games, though.  I also understand your point of view. 

Get that tarp off and let's get going.

Just love those first inning runs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

The reason for both Drew and Lowrie sitting is that Palmer is especially tough against left handed hitters.  Of course, what do we see, doubles by both Ellsbury and Gonazalez.  Ortiz's turn.

Ortiz has been going to left a lot lately

• You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow, i can feel the heat from here!

Also love those opposite field knocks.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

Not pretty, but we'll take it.  Just keep the line moving.  (I'm looking at you, Carl.)

Alright, 3 in the first is a good start.  Just gotta get more next inning.  :)

Nice start.  Hopefully, Lackey can make this a walk in the park.

• Sections
    Shortcuts