Game thread Tuesday Twins @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Game thread Tuesday Twins @ Boston

#redsox: Holt CF, Bogaerts 3B, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava RF, Gomes LF, Drew SS, Ross C, Lester LHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread Tuesday Twins @ Boston

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  · 
    Sounds like Red Sox have Cecchini in Boston in case they need him. Could swap him in for a few days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

WOW - HOLT-ACTION TAKING OVER, FRONT AND CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  · 
    Sounds like Red Sox have Cecchini in Boston in case they need him. Could swap him in for a few days.

[/QUOTE]

Cecchini is there because reports are Sizemore has been DFA'd (see other thread). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Brock Holt.  Rubby De La Rosa,  Xander Boegarts, Jackie Bradley (maybe), Brandon Workman.

This lovely youth movement, while hardly a substitute for good baseball being played as a team, is enough to keep me content (or at least from being a whiny sad clown) these days.  The future is bright.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Boston, MA Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo  ·  13m
    Farrell said DFAing Sizemore "tough decision" He had great respect for Sizemore making a comeback after two year layoff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Retweeted by Pete Abraham
    Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo  ·  25m
    Just a temporary assignment for Cecchini who will be sent back when Victorino returns or even sooner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brock Holt.  Rubby De La Rosa,  Xander Boegarts, Jackie Bradley (maybe), Brandon Workman.

This lovely youth movement, while hardly a substitute for good baseball being played as a team, is enough to keep me content (or at least from being a whiny sad clown) these days.  The future is bright.

[/QUOTE]

in some regards we have a nice future but where is the power going to come from?  Who is in left, who is in right and who is your DH?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Holt CF

this is starting to smell like a larry lu promotional stunt
    what's the record 4 most NEW positions in a week

t shirts next week ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo  ·   Cherington said team open minded about Sizemore perhaps returning to minors if he doesn't get picked up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo  ·   Cherington said team open minded about Sizemore perhaps returning to minors if he doesn't get picked up.

[/QUOTE]

sure, Sizemore is a minor league ball player.  Good fit.  No complaints here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

in some regards we have a nice future but where is the power going to come from?  Who is in left, who is in right and who is your DH?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is the essence of why the future looks bright:  now, with talented kids coming of age, now they can go spend that $$$ on filling the holes.  But, they don't have to buy a whole freaking team or mortgage the future.  Just fill holes.

Of course, the kids are still big IFs.  De La Rosa has had 2 stellar starts and a clunker.  Brock Holt's run seems too good to be true.  

But, if Rubby (and Workman?) round out a near future rotation, well, that is one less expensive starting pitcher that needs to be bought.

If Brock Holt be the man, well, pick a position for him and then fill accordingly.  But, again, one less big money/resources allocation to fill a void. 

Yes, of course, we need a power bat (not sure about the need for an actual DH - from what I hear on this board, the true Dh is a dinosaur).  But, if you dont have to fill 3 rotation spots, the left side of your infield, etc - well now it is much easier to focus on a target power bat and do what it takes to land him.

Youth doesn't make a club, but it can be the cornerstone.  The Yankee dynasty from late last century was made up of handsomely paid veteran mercenaries ... around Jeter, Mo, Posada, Williams.  A core of young players enables a big market club to allocate big market resources most effectively.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is the essence of why the future looks bright:  now, with talented kids coming of age, now they can go spend that $$$ on filling the holes.  But, they don't have to buy a whole freaking team or mortgage the future.  Just fill holes.

Of course, the kids are still big IFs.  De La Rosa has had 2 stellar starts and a clunker.  Brock Holt's run seems too good to be true.  

But, if Rubby (and Workman?) round out a near future rotation, well, that is one less expensive starting pitcher that needs to be bought.

If Brock Holt be the man, well, pick a position for him and then fill accordingly.  But, again, one less big money/resources allocation to fill a void. 

Yes, of course, we need a power bat (not sure about the need for an actual DH - from what I hear on this board, the true Dh is a dinosaur).  But, if you dont have to fill 3 rotation spots, the left side of your infield, etc - well now it is much easier to focus on a target power bat and do what it takes to land him.

Youth doesn't make a club, but it can be the cornerstone.  The Yankee dynasty from late last century was made up of handsomely paid veteran mercenaries ... around Jeter, Mo, Posada, Williams.  A core of young players enables a big market club to allocate big market resources most effectively.

[/QUOTE]

there are no big bats available in the next F/A class.  that's the issue.  they will have to deal surplus for a bat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

there are no big bats available in the next F/A class.  that's the issue.  they will have to deal surplus for a bat.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah, it was the issue this past class too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

There's no Mo Vaughn's coming up........No Manny's about to become a FA and no steals of the century sitting out there like Ortiz......trade is going to be only way so Big Ben must go Big and Bold..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Boy Pedroia is terrible lol..... the man is headed for 40 doubles, plays his zzz off, totally on the ball.... and yet some want to start to question is worth....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Great catch by Holt! He is the new Aceves....the most interesting man in the world

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Great catch by Holt! He is the new Aceves....the most interesting man in the world

Had it all the way. Are they sure he cant pitch? He's a one man show 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I think this is the earliest I've ever declared a 10th Player Award but it's HOLT ACTION (even though I prefer a semi-auto!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, I think this is the earliest I've ever declared a 10th Player Award but it's HOLT ACTION (even though I prefer a semi-auto!)

[/QUOTE]

Lightning Holt 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This kid is something else!  I hope he keeps it up because the sox need a dirt dog like him.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Scoring on Pedroia's double - B+

Great catch while Gomes stood out there looking aimless - A+

Nice Double - B

Stealing 3rd - A

and the game is early

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This kid is something else!  I hope he keeps it up because the sox need a dirt dog like him.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

Its very early to really make any kind of judgement about him. He needs at least 250 PAs IMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who's the 1st baseman; I don't know is playing 3rd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

Its very early to really make any kind of judgement about him. He needs at least 250 PAs IMO

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  He's fun to watch, we need some of that this year but it's way too early to make a call.  I'm enjoying this game a whole lot more because of holt.  That's not a bad thing.