Game Thread: Twins at Red Sox Duensing vs. Buchholz

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread: Twins at Red Sox Duensing vs. Buchholz

I am really counting on Buck here today.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I just don't get it.  WHY does Scutaro do this in EVERY GAME!  He constantly takes his sweet time throwing to first, making easy plays WAY TOO CLOSE!!!!
    WTH???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Come on Lowrie!!!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Oh well...... Cameron

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Give him another one of those!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Why did Morneau get credited with a hit?  Seems a bit hard on Buch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

2 strikes on him????  What does he do????  Swings for the Downs!!!!  CTS!

Unfortunately, other than that 13 pitch at bat by Pedey last week, we have everybody doing the same thing!!!!!!

Sorry!  BUT I just have to question the hitting coaches?????  I just don't get it either!  This is antithetical to our hitting philosophy...... Patience at the plate!  Protect the plate when behind in the count!  Work the pitch count!  What the hell is going on?????  The crazy thing......... Even many of my favorite players are doing the same thing???? It's like a virus has struck the team hitting membrane????

One thing....  I'm sure glad I didn't write that thesis kicking around my head about every player needing to emulate Pedey's 13 pitch at bat!!!  Shortening the swing & hangin in...... Pedey's been one of the biggest offenders lately???
    This season has been like Seinfeld's "BIZARRO WORLD!"  The myriad of problems is absolutely mind boggling!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

redsoxdirtdog, Pedroia ain't the answer right now--in a profound slump, that single great AB nothwithstanding.

Youk seems to be developing a pattern this season--whenever he comes up with a man on third and one or no outs and a fly or well placed grounder would drive home a run, he simply strikes out.   Ellsbury leads off with a double and steals third and almost can't get home.  Thanks goodness Lowrie is still hitting--not like before, but enough.   

Right now Youk and Pedey are not hitting the way they can, and they are pretty important to this lineup. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

DAMN RAIN DELAY!!!!!! Does this mean that we need to go to the bullpen after the delay. Please stop raining!!!!  Pleeeeeezeeee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

playbill, boston is getting the rain that passed thru CT. quick rain, some thunder/lightning, suns out. it shouldn't be along delay.

is the rain franconas fault too?UndecidedYell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Hello

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Twins at Red Sox Duensing vs. Buchholz:
    [QUOTE]playbill, boston is getting the rain that passed thru CT. quick rain, some thunder/lightning, suns out. it shouldn't be along delay
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I hope that Buch is staying warm. Thanks for the update and YES ......I blame Francona for this rainTongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

FOX will come back to this game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]redsoxdirtdog, Pedroia ain't the answer right now--in a profound slump, that single great AB nothwithstanding. Youk seems to be developing a pattern this season--whenever he comes up with a man on third and one or no outs and a fly or well placed grounder would drive home a run, he simply strikes out.   Ellsbury leads off with a double and steals third and almost can't get home.  Thanks goodness Lowrie is still hitting--not like before, but enough.    Right now Youk and Pedey are not hitting the way they can, and they are pretty important to this lineup. 
    Posted by M1A2[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.....  Basically the same point I was alluding to.  Yuke... One of my favorite players.   Pedey...  One of my favorite players...  Two of our guys you can usually really count on.........Two of the biggest offenders right now.  Horrible slumps!  I think (????????) they're pressing too hard.  Pedey starts the season on fire..... So it's not a timing thing from coming off the injury....  I just think they're pressing???????  Actually........ at this point, I'm completely at a loss!?!?!?  EVERYONE has been so inconsistent that the team simply can't get on a roll????????  Not that there aren't guys starting to really swing the bat well....... It just seems that they can't all put it together at once................  Too many inconsistencies to get on a roll????????

I see why they feel lost!  I sure as hell am!!!!!

p.s.   NEVER LOSE HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE WILL GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!

p.p.s...   Sorry about the venting!!!!!!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]playbill, boston is getting the rain that passed thru CT. quick rain, some thunder/lightning, suns out. it shouldn't be along delay. is the rain franconas fault too?  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the weather update.  I'm more hopeful already!!!!!!!!!   :)  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Is it still raining?  I'm in N. Virginia and the game is blacked out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

still raining in boston. update at 3:15

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

FOX switched to the Baltimore vs. Tampa Bay game here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A couple people came to the Sox defense when I claim they aren't playing with any sense of urgency even after digging themselves a big hole. 

2 examples from today alone (and it's still early in the game) to prove my point was Scutaro playing an out into an IF hit and Crawford jogging down the line on a ground out; especially when you contrast that to the way Morneau busted his butt down the line....when you have a guy fighting for playing time and a guy fighting to hit over 200 and a team fighting to get their butts out of the basement you'd expect a little more.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

I saw that Andrewmitch and was thinking the exact same thing. You are very good with your eyes. Bravo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Are we back now??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wait - 4PM Resume Time

Another 2 hour delay.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Buchholtz is coming back out to pitch..........wow thats a risky thing to do after 2 hour delay.  I guess he's been throwing simulated innings every 12 minutes, but if thats the case he won't be able to pitch for long

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah this is a major bummer

If this weren't a FOX game maybe we could have delayed the start?

I don't know but everything that could go wrong this year pretty much has......

Sections
Shortcuts