Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers:
    Good grief. Bautista is a beast. Wish the Sox had him in right.
    Posted by TheExaminer

exam, evans and I starting posting on the forum at the same time, went thru the trenches together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : exam, evans and I starting posting on the forum at the same time, went thru the trenches together.
    Posted by J-BAY

Many trolls have come, gone and met thier untimely end since this odessey began--I have no doubt!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Darnelle Charlie Hustle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : come on now  id never root against the sox
    Posted by evansisthereal24

they've done well to go from last to first in record time after the terrible start. dont know if they could have dont it without Gonzalez. Kyle asked me the other day who my favorite player was, I hesitated, he said pedroia? i said i think Gonzalez, I drop what i'm doing to watch him bat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's funny, Francona takes so much flak when he leaves the starter in for 6 or 7 runs.  Washington has done it two nights in a row.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's funny, Francona takes so much flak when he leaves the starter in for 6 or 7 runs.  Washington has done it two nights in a row.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

If there's a Texas game thread out there, find it and you'll probably read the same you get here about Francona.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : BDC has been banning them left and right lately exam. i think the NYY posters are wearing thin on the mods
    Posted by J-BAY

Good. There are 2 or 3 that are stomping on my last nerve. Notice how smoothly things go without them in here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from evansisthereal24. Show evansisthereal24's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : they've done well to go from last to first in record time after the terrible start. dont know if they could have dont it without Gonzalez. Kyle asked me the other day who my favorite player was, I hesitated, he said pedroia? i said i think Gonzalez, I drop what i'm doing to watch him bat.
    Posted by J-BAY

Ya nice to see his bat break back out last night.  Liked him in san diego - love him more now  haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from evansisthereal24. Show evansisthereal24's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I watch a lot of Rangers baseball - their staff is tired.  Still hope they can hold off the Angels.  The back of their pen is good but they need to be able to get to them.  Adams was a huge get for TX

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : I watch a lot of Rangers baseball - their staff is tired.  Still hope they can hold off the Angels.  The back of their pen is good but they need to be able to get to them.  Adams was a huge get for TX

That was something I questioned about Ryan's strategy. Making the starting pitchers go deeper is fine--if they are all Nolan Ryan. He was a Superfreak, and my question is can that strategy work with Clark Kent on the mound? I hope it wears them down just enough so the Sox can knock them off in the ALCS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Exam, you watching the yankees game? michael kay "what a play" but weeks looked safe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : I watch a lot of Rangers baseball - their staff is tired.  Still hope they can hold off the Angels.  The back of their pen is good but they need to be able to get to them.  Adams was a huge get for TX

No doubt Washington is doing exactly what he's forced to do.  I just find it amusing that people who bash Tito for 'leaving starters in too long' don't notice the other managers doing the same thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Exam, you watching the yankees game? michael kay "what a play" but weeks looked safe
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah. Have it on my ipod. Should have been runner at third and nobody out. Umpiring this year is terrible. Know what I have to say to Michael Kay? "See Ya!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No slack time for Papi, raking just like always.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from evansisthereal24. Show evansisthereal24's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : That was something I questioned about Ryan's strategy. Making the starting pitchers go deeper is fine--if they are all Nolan Ryan. He was a Superfreak, and my question is can that strategy work with Clark Kent on the mound? I hope it wears them down just enough so the Sox can knock them off in the ALCS!
    Posted by TheExaminer

i question the pitching decisions by the Rangers.  Saw them in spring training and they were stretching out Feliz and still are using him in non save situations  I dont get it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Crawford is looking much better.....ortiz' foot getting a work out right out of the gate

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Harrison looked a lot sharper early in the season.  Agree about Adams. I though he was better than Bell in San Diego.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Papi has such good luck on plays at home plate this year! He looked like he was moving in slow motion, and still beat the throw. Just like the old monster movies. The monster never moves fast, but always gets there first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

big poppy and francona funny , love their relationship

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Crawford is looking much better.....ortiz' foot getting a work out right out of the gate
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, a little too MUCH workout I'm afraid. He landed right on that heel when he came in. Shheeeeesh...be careful man!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox are playing with a lot more energy and aggressiveness the last two nights. Good to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : Yeah, a little too MUCH workout I'm afraid. He landed right on that heel when he came in. Shheeeeesh...be careful man!
    Posted by TheExaminer

Francona takes a lot of heat for being over cautious with players, but i think that's why. he wants them as close to 100% as possible to avoid reinjury

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from evansisthereal24. Show evansisthereal24's posts

In Response to Re: Game thread, Wednesday night, Red Sox vs Rangers : Francona takes a lot of heat for being over cautious with players, but i think that's why. he knows they're as close to 100% as possible to avoid reinjury
    Posted by J-BAY

Just like with Ellsbury - had a strong comeback last night.  Rather have him miss a few now and be healthy for the post season

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Josh has good stuff tonight , but the command is not there. Looking like six innings  , at the most.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scott Coolbaugh is Rangers hitting coach? Wasn't Coolbaugh the name of that minor league coach that got killed by that line drive?

Sections
Shortcuts