Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Game Thread

At least the way Dice K is pitching we can turn the game off early and take our wives to an early dinner. Typical Dice K. Did anyone have any doubts when he came in against the Angels the other night that he was going to blow it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread

Well, we better hit today because if the Sox haven't gotten the memo yet splitting a 4 game set to the Twins at Home would be considered terrible.  Given how we've played this year it would be yet another disaster...

We have got to win these next 2 games.....If for some reason we lose 3 of 4 to the Twins, I would hope Sr Mgt takes some serious action.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not think they would fire Francona. I just think they would write off the season and dump Drews salary, Wheelers salary, Wakefields salary, and Papelbons salary. That is about 35 million in salary for next year. The NESN ratings would take a major hit. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Go on vacation for a week and come back to this..ughhh...Can't believe that this team is this bad...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

When Dice K pitches I am never hopeful. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised on Patriots Day and the game he pitched after that. I never have a warm and fuzzy feeling when this guy is on the mound.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Anyone in the last year of their contract would be a candidate to be traded.  Add Ortiz, Tek, and Scut; delete Wheeler.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Nice 2nd inning for Dice-K, maybe he can calm down and give the Sox a chance to come from behind. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup - gotta score a run this inning........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lead off double

At Home

RH Pitcher

5 and 6 hitters due up

if they can't get him in it will be a joke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good - they did their jobs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

At least he did not strike out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No one rolls over on the ball into a 4-3 better than JD - bravo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Every time you start to think that this team is beginning to gel , they fall back into their losing mode.  I am coming to the conclusion that they are just not as good a club as we thought they were. If you look at it honestly and objectively , you can see that there are just too many weak links on this team for it to be a championship caliber ball club. Would like to see them prove me wrong but have not seen it so far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tie it up now and then hold them........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The biggest concern is the pen

Afte that, it's gotta be the fact that teams will just run all over our catchers

Those 2 things alone will cost you too many games; especially in October.

And Theo had options - Fuents, Downs, Martin.......

It's really a sign of Theo's failures

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gotta tie it this inning..........

If Craw don't score, I'mma packing it in.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Good - he did his job

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Good at bat by Varitek.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

TIED!

No we need Dice K to keep in the groove....No way I wanna see Lackey today

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Come on Youk !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

very nice

Gonzo was safe?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A blast here would be a huge bonus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

someone needs to talk to Gonzo

that could have been ruled interference and called a DP and no run and the end of the inning

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Texas up on NY 3-0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

What we need now is for Daisuke to settle in and hold this lead at least through six innings.

Sections
Shortcuts