Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Game Thread

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We overachieved last year and management sat back on the rear end and figured they would take profits this year and not do much.

[/QUOTE]

Who should they have obtained and who should they have given up to obtain those players? Would you pay Ellsbury what the Yankees paid him? Is Salty that much better than AJ (and remember: we have 3 good catching prospects coming up soon)? Should we have signed Drew? Seems like Bogey is going to replace Drew just fine, and if he is healthy, Sizemore should replace Ellsbury just fine too. I am not sure what other moves needed to be made, and I am not going to draw any conclusions about this team until about 40 games have been played.

[/QUOTE]

you are exactly right...the only thing we could have got was maybe a everyday LF with power? but where would gomes and nava come in and carp? our off-season was fine...we just have to get victorino and middlebrooks back..and add sizemore to that...we are ok.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Can't take anymore..7 hits 0 runs to 6 hits 3 runs. Beautiful day in Fenway and one here too and probably 10-15 degrees warmer so to please the wife, we are out of here down the coast to maybe Half Moon Bay. Will listen to last innings on Sirius radio

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

How many millions did rs pay mujica??

whatta Bum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Good grief, this game is lame.  The sox play better before they received their rings.  I say take the rings back!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Is Lester this year's Lackey?--Two good starts and a grand total of one run in support.  These two new pitchers Mujica and Badenhop are terrible.  But what difference does it make when it takes an act of Congress for us to score a run.  This offense is offensive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

8 Hits for each team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Pretty pathetic performance

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Hate to throw something positive into this thread, but the SOX can still lose 66 more games and be in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Was that 67 yesterday?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Was that 67 yesterday?

Yup. And it will probably be 65 tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Here's my plan. Get rid of Nava; I like the guy, but he had a career year in 2013. He may garner a good prospect. Let JBJ play everyday, so when, and if, Vic ever returns we have a very good defensive OF. I think JBJ can hit if given enough at bats. Gomes should only be used primarily as a RH pinch hitter. This isn't rocket science.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Kid Thornburg is tough.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

well that's the ball game...let's hope for a better day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Part 2 of my plan. Get rid of AJ; trade him for some catching equipment. Bring up one of the promising catcher prospects to back up Ross, who's 10 times the catcher AJ is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

This team looks very uninspired. That was one ugly game and series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's my plan. Get rid of Nava; I like the guy, but he had a career year in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but what you're calling his career year was also the first time he's had anything resembling a full season in MLB.

You could be right, but you're just guessing.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welcome back to 2012. This is why Ive been dreading the start of baseball season all winter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

From my iPAD:

Doesn't seem fair mathematically...they 9 hits/4 runs and us 9 hits/0 runs. 

Total series they 40 hits/13 runs...us 13 hits/7 runs.

We hit better last 2 games in Baltimore. Game 1 in Balt which we lost 2-1, at least we got a 1 run on our 9 hits. Sorry I'm so negative and I know it's a long season but still tough to be positive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welcome back to 2012. This is why Ive been dreading the start of baseball season all winter.

[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for not blaming everything on Bobby V.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. NESN just had a caption Sox swept in home opener series, last swept in home opener series since 2012. Lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  Winning championships is kind of a crappy idea I guess.  Things were more fun back when all we could do was dream about them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From my iPAD:

We hit better last 2 games in Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

It was just the opposite last night;at one point, Brewers-17 hits, 6 runs. SOX-7 hits, 6 runs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From my iPAD:

We hit better last 2 games in Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

It was just the opposite last night;at one point, Brewers-17 hits, 6 runs. SOX-7 hits, 6 runs.

[/QUOTE]

From my iPAD :

Yup, but they won !!! We dodged bullets all night but couldn't continue escaping all their men LOB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

Part 2 of my plan. Get rid of AJ; trade him for some catching equipment. Bring up one of the promising catcher prospects to back up Ross, who's 10 times the catcher AJ is.

[/QUOTE]

AJnis stealing money, the White Sox knew he was done too. Only Larry and Ben were stupid enough to give him 8 million dollars.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AJnis stealing money, the White Sox knew he was done too. Only Larry and Ben were stupid enough to give him 8 million dollars.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the SOX could have been more aggressive securing McCann, but they appear to be on an austerity budget. "Shopping at the DOLLAR STORE is fine if you don't mind Halloween Candy in June." So sayeth Bill Maher.

Sections
Shortcuts