Gamehtread Wednesday Red Sox @ Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Wednesday Red Sox @ Toronto

Game #101

Wednesday: RHP Clay Buchholz (5-5, 5.46) vs. RHP R.A. Dickey (7-10, 3.95), 7:07 p.m., NESN

#RedSox: Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Vazquez C, Bradley Jr. CF, Buchholz RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamehtread Wednesday Red Sox @ Toronto

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  3m
    This is the first Brock Holt-less lineup for the Red Sox since May 15.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account ‏@PeteAbe 2m
    Brock Holt had played every inning (533 of them) of 59 consecutive games starting May 17. Had started at 6 positions. #redsox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Thes are the guys who should be playing every day for the rest of the year, with the exception of Holt , who should be playing every day, by spelling Drew, Pedey, Nava and Vic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Ross one of four (Lester), or two of five at most.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  3m
    This is the first Brock Holt-less lineup for the Red Sox since May 15.

[/QUOTE]hOW THE HECK CAN WE WIN WITHOUT BROCK  !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

they plan on using Brock as 8th inning setup man.  bridge to koji-san

other names i have posted under:  none

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And pinch hit grand slam with two out in the ninth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Tonights game has the feel of a must win since we were the only ones to lose yesterday. I know...being so far back makes every game a must win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OMG!  Farrell is so incompetent.  How can you sit (insert any guy not in tonights lineup)?!?  What about the kids??  (Insert rookie of choice) has been playing well and you sit him?  He's going to be a complete basket case now.  Oh yeah, and don't sit (insert Drew brother of choice) whatever you do you imbecile.      

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You are right. Need to win next two to keep momentum.  Split= wasted opportunity, lose both, curtains.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Stat of the Day: Buchholz is 8-2 with a 1.71 ERA in 11 starts at Rogers Centre, 8-0, 1.41 in his last nine. He is 10-6, 2.71 in 20 career appearances against Toronto.

Stat of the Day II: The Sox are 36-0 when leading after eight innings. They are the only major league team yet to have blown a lead in the ninth inning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Red Sox vs. Dickey: Victorino 6-25, Pedroia 2-15, Ortiz 4-12, Napoli 4-11, Drew 3-9, Bradley 2-7, Ross 1-7, Nava 1-5, Gomes 1-5, Bogaerts 2-3, Carp 0-3, Holt 1-1.

Blue Jays vs. Buchholz: Bautista 11-38, Cabrera 5-21, Rasmus 2-13, Reyes 5-14, Gose 3-10, Navarro 4-8, Kawasaki 1-8, Francisco 0-4, Johnson 0-3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Well Space, the veterans got us where we are so why not take our chances with the future?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i said it last year and I will say it this year - I like JF - listening to his pre game comments I get a sense of a competent, consistent, and patient manager who knows the game and has a plan....he's not perfect but given the system that he's managing for, and the players that he has, he's doing the best he can imo. 

As always - 100% correct!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Other notes: The Sox have won eight of 10 but start the day eight games out first place and back in last place in the division. … The Sox are 3-5 against Toronto this season with losses in five of their last six games. … The Sox are 17-23 against AL East teams, 30-30 against everybody else. … Buchholz is 3-1, 3.28 in five starts since coming off the disabled list. … Dickey is 3-3, 4.85 in 12 career appearances against the Red Sox. He beat them on April 27 but has allowed 13 earned runs on 21 hits in his last 19 innings against the Sox. … Shane Victorino is 6 of 11 since coming off the disabled list. … The Sox are 5-0 when Christian Vazquez catches. … Stephen Drew is 7 of his last 18 with three extra-base hits and six RBIs. … The Sox have homered in seven straight games. … Jackie Bradley Jr. is hitting .378/.429/.467 this month. ... Brock Holt is out of the lineup for the first time since May 15.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i said it last year and I will say it this year - I like JF - listening to his pre game comments I get a sense of a competent, consistent, and patient manager who knows the game and has a plan....he's not perfect but given the system that he's managing for, and the players that he has, he's doing the best he can imo. 

As always - 100% correct!

[/QUOTE]

Right you are geo.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other notes: The Sox have won eight of 10 but start the day eight games out first place and back in last place in the division. … The Sox are 3-5 against Toronto this season with losses in five of their last six games. … The Sox are 17-23 against AL East teams, 30-30 against everybody else. … Buchholz is 3-1, 3.28 in five starts since coming off the disabled list. … Dickey is 3-3, 4.85 in 12 career appearances against the Red Sox. He beat them on April 27 but has allowed 13 earned runs on 21 hits in his last 19 innings against the Sox. … Shane Victorino is 6 of 11 since coming off the disabled list. … The Sox are 5-0 when Christian Vazquez catches. … Stephen Drew is 7 of his last 18 with three extra-base hits and six RBIs. … The Sox have homered in seven straight games. … Jackie Bradley Jr. is hitting .378/.429/.467 this month. ... Brock Holt is out of the lineup for the first time since May 15.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Good work throughout the thread, J-Bay.  I especially like your notes on Clay and the red above.  JBJ ....finally getting his MLB swing in order.   He was a hitter every where else.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

We should only be cheering if you want to claim yourselves as fans.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I hope something good is on TV tonight until Buck gets knocked out.  I'll just follow the ticker closely on my phone.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

100 games=half of 200, right.? We got plenty of time!