Games Threads 72-73: Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Games Threads 72-73: Rays at Red Sox

In response to slasher9's comment:

fun quiz. 

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/quiz/_/id/4979/do-know-mlb-rules

That was cool. 50% for me. I wasnt over thinking them, if i did i wld have done worse :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The game today confirms more and more that Aceves belongs in the rotation and Doubront belongs somewhere else. Doubront would have gotten to 75 pitches around the 3rd inning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

The game today confirms more and more that Aceves belongs in the rotation and Doubront belongs somewhere else. Doubront would have gotten to 75 pitches around the 3rd inning.

Well, hes on for the 2nd game so we'll see soon enough. Another hour & 1/2 for this rain delay. :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Not really, it just show you can't really trust Aceves and keeping him in the minor until needed is best for the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Since a frustrated Andrew Miller said "I'm not doing my job" on April 21, he's struck out 36 and walked eight with a 2.05 ERA in 22 IP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ok, saw Morales going to the BP earlier and talking with Salty. Didnt know if they changed their minds.

Aceves was stuck in traffic, come to find out. That's why Morales was out there just in case. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Welcome to the majors Myers.  Now get ready to get your a** whipped by the Red Sox.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Aceves got caught in traffic coming in, Farrell said. AA and coaching staff were in communication. "We were getting close, but he made it."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

No Carp in Game 2, either. Nava at first base, Gomes in left field. Iglesias playing third base.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

It wasn't a long bullpen, but Buchholz caps the session off the mound with a fist bump with the bullpen catcher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

It wasn't a long bullpen, but Buchholz caps the session off the mound with a fist bump with the bullpen catcher.

Yeah... In a related story: Buchholz needs another bullpen session after fistbump w/ catcher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Another GB hit for Iglesias....this is getiing ridiculous.  I love it though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Okay.  Really time to add some insurance.  Pitching has been wonderful, but let's get the bats going.  화이팅!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nicely done by Doubrount. I am getting my Marlboros ready with Andrew "Full Pack" Bailey coming in with a one run lead here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bailey is an idiot and so is Farrell. Why was Dubrount not allowed to go back out, especially with a lefty leading off? This rag arm gives up a jack every time he goes out there. 8 shutout innings totally wasted after two pitches. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

No reason to take Doubrant out. A pure Francona move by Farrell. Don't fix it if it isn't broken !!!!!!      Yell

The best defense is a good offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Bailey is plain bad. Boy did this team ever under estimate the closer position by letting Pappelbon go, what a mistake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Nicely done by Doubrount. I am getting my Marlboros ready with Andrew "Full Pack" Bailey coming in with a one run lead here.

You said more than you know, although you didnt even have time to light up before he got lit up. Raise your hand if you DIDNT see this coming.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

What the hell does a pitcher have to do to get a complete game these days??? Farrel????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

What the hell does a pitcher have to do to get a complete game these days??? Farrel????

I know. 94 pitches and a lefty starting off the inning. Who do we get? Ragboy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now watch Longoria take him deep and beat us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Bailey is an idiot and so is Farrell. Why was Dubrount not allowed to go back out, especially with a lefty leading off? This rag arm gives up a jack every time he goes out there. 8 shutout innings totally wasted after two pitches. 

Bailey is garbage... a two pitch pitcher ....way too predicatable to be a closer...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

[QUOTE]

I know. 94 pitches and a lefty starting off the inning. Who do we get? Ragboy.

[/QUOTE]

Farrel was doing the typical "I trust my closer" move and Bailey disappoints again...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Bailey is just garbage !