Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

Let's play 2

#RedSox Gm. 1: Holt RF, Nava LF, Pedroia 2B, Napoli 1B, Pierzynski DH, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Ross C, Bradley Jr. CF, Lester LHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

Saturday Game 1 : RHP Miguel Gonzalez (4-5, 4.56) vs. LHP Jon Lester (9-7, 2.92), 1:05 p.m., NESN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No Ortiz..??? Why?

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The first game Saturday, at 1:05 p.m., is the makeup of Friday’s game. The second game will be at 7:15 p.m. The first game will be on NESN and the second game on Fox.

The Red Sox will start Jon Lester in Game 1 of the doubleheader with John Lackey scheduled for the nightcap.

Baltimore will start righthanders Miguel Gonzalez and Ubaldo Jimenez in the doubleheader.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

This is an important game if the SOX hope to reach 70 wins this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

No Ortiz..??? Why?

I HEARD THAT HE WAS TAKING THE OFFICIAL STAT MAN OUT TO LUNCH !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

No Ortiz..??? Why?

That's a real knee-slapper, Bill. You should audition for AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. Btw, is that STATMAN CROTHERS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

No Ortiz..??? Why?

That's a real knee-slapper, Bill. You should audition for AMERICA'S GOT TALENT.

OR SHUCKS.......  I RATHER BE THE NEXT  Forrest, FORREST GUMP AND BRING HOME MY  Jenny, JENNY DELL  !!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

No Ortiz..??? Why?

Never mind Ortiz; NO MOOKIE?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Let's play 2

I guess after playing 4 straight games and having only one day off, they have to rest a 22 year old who could probably play 3 or 4 games! These people are getting more stupid every day!

#RedSox Gm. 1: Holt RF, Nava LF, Pedroia 2B, Napoli 1B, Pierzynski DH, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Ross C, Bradley Jr. CF, Lester LHP

No Mookie? Needs a rest?

Mookie is 21 years old; has appeared in 4 games, 17 PA, 16 AB 3 hits (incl. 1 HR), 1 BB, 1 SO. In other words, making contact (pay attention, Bogie et al). The HR he hit was off the same slow curve ball that has been buckling rookies and old pros alike all year (right Pedie, and Bogie?) He laced into, I think, the last row of the monster seats (on a 2-0 count with a man on base) That’s NOT what rookies usually do.

If I were the GM of a team that had this kid, I would sit him down and show him a contract that would (almost) put him in a state of shock.

And they want him to sit while Bogie, Drew and Bradley play. Now, you take Drew; P[LEASE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Is that so? Then where is Mookie?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Let's play 2

I guess after playing 4 straight games and having only one day off, they have to rest a 22 year old who could probably play 3 or 4 games! These people are getting more stupid every day!

I assume it's due to the Double Header. Split squads, with a day game tomorrow, 3 games in 48 hours

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Farrell is out there sometimes. 2 Days haven't played, and he doesn't put in Ortiz. He's hitting .324 against the O's this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Is that so? Then where is Mookie?

Ask manager Farkell. He realizes that the season is half over and he also knows where the SOX stand. I'm guessing someone told him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Let's play 2

J-BAY, you do realize if the SOX play 2, they'll probably lose 2. But in the words of the late, great Ernie Banks, "LET'S LOSE 3." er, "LET'S PLAY 3."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Smells like someone already 'LET ONE GO.'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Speaking of "letting one go," who would you guess on the SOX has the most obnoxious smelling flat u lence? I'd go with GOMES.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Farrell is out there sometimes. 2 Days haven't played, and he doesn't put in Ortiz. He's hitting .324 against the O's this season.

Tim Britton 2m
    Ortiz had a long-planned family commitment in the Dominican. Would have missed the game yesterday, will be back for night game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Let's play 2

Well, once again a rookie has a good game and it's followed by sitting the next one...Bradley looks good v. Yankees,  rots on bench. Mookie finally hits a home run, sits on bench. Anytime anyone does anything, they go into the automatic rotation. Not just different lineups for Sox, but dart-throwing lineups. Xander is in the worst slump in baseball. So much for keep one catcher on the bench for injury--both in the lineup..although I never understood what the real harm is in having a catcher DH and another start at C--yes they would have to play NL ball and remove the DH--big whoop. Nava is the greatest No. 2 hitter in baseball or as someone said the "best option available." I don't think Farrell or Ben C. have any idea what to do from day to day. It really is a pathetic lineup almost daily, and looks worse when Ortiz (must be hurt?) is absent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Weak

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Tim Britton 2m
    Ortiz had a long-planned family commitment in the Dominican. Would have missed the game yesterday, will be back for night game.

Nothing against David, but what's the rush. Monday would be soon enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Farrell has work schedule like a business or a firehouse.  Just keep the rotation rolling in spite of other factors

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's a plan, isn't it? Doesn't even look like a plan, let alone a rotation...Darts, anyone? 867-5309, Tampa lineups.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

it's a plan, isn't it? Doesn't even look like a plan, let alone a rotation...Darts, anyone? 867-5309, Tampa lineups.

For a good time.

Sections
Shortcuts