Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bogie needs to go back to the minors.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]. That is not entirely out of the question. If this continues much longer, it could well happen. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't see what good it would do to send him down. He is simply not very good defensively. They can work with him in Boston too on that. Might be time to try him in the OF since he really stinks defensively at SS and at 3B. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'd love to see Drew start hitting so someone will offer something in trade.   O's announcers are talking about their possibly needing AJ.  Then bring Marrero up to play SS.   Bring up Vasquez.  Play the kids everywhere so they'll be ready to go next season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Ortiz..??? Why?

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Big Papi is being Big Papi and watching his daughter graduate in the D.R., it's been a planned day off for sometime.

I'm sure they'll be a story for days though, spinning it another way.

[/QUOTE]

So I subsequently heard on the radio on my way home. Nice..and a good reminder that these guys do have personal lives...lol

Long day for him though. I can barely function after a flight..never mind play a competitive sport..but I suppose you get used to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to brian477's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sox want oct. off this year.

[/QUOTE]

They don't have a choice about that. But they are playing like they want Oct to begin tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]. That is not entirely out of the question. If this continues much longer, it could well happen. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't see what good it would do to send him down. He is simply not very good defensively. They can work with him in Boston too on that. Might be time to try him in the OF since he really stinks defensively at SS and at 3B. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]. He is not hitting either. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brutal.  They need to start working Xander into the OF.  Holt to third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

[/QUOTE]

Holt has 5 errors at 3rd in limited PT; he's not that good there either

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Better than Xander, though.  

[/QUOTE]

Bogies confidence has to be at rock bottom. The Sox are going to destroy him.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie, I am a little bit confused. So what justified all the hype around Bogaerts?

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie, I am a little bit confused. So what justified all the hype around Bogaerts?

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

I guess it was his youth in addition to his minor league numbers: at A ball he hit .260/.834, at AA he hit .315/.922, and at AAA ball he hit .284/.822, I think he will be fine. He is still very young. He has things to improve on, but he has time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dan Nava making his push to be the every day LF again...good for him, I lost faith in him and still think he's not a guy you can rely on to hit for power or drive in runs. But I'll give him credit for improving since June.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Just seems like a loss in inevitable. We put up zero after zero and its just a matter of time before the Orioles score the winning run. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Lester's ERA down to 2.76. We are going to have to resign this guy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Lester is pitching another gem. The Sox need to find a way to score a run one way or another. That has not been easy for them this year. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Lester is pitching another gem. The Sox need to find a way to score a run one way or another. That has not been easy for them this year. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that the Red Sox believe they can win this game. And I think that if most of the fans were being honest about it they would admit that they don't believe it either. This is the pattern this year: get into a close game and lose by a run or two because we cannot score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Can Xander be sent down during the game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think Lester wants to resign with the Sox? Obviously he may if the money is right. But the Sox are in rebuilding mode now and that may alter Jon's thinking.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think Lester wants to resign with the Sox? Obviously he may if the money is right. But the Sox are in rebuilding mode now and that may alter Jon's thinking.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

I think he does. He said as much. This will not be a prolonged rebuilding process I think; our minor league prospects will help in a year or two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Winning run at first base. I have seen this game many times this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Showalter is going too far with Gonzalez. This is our chance. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Hit and run, run him do SOMETHING

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lester brilliant through 8...again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Its up to Pierzynski, who stinks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

AJ getting booed. Good for the fans!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bogaerts will K. This team is pathetic. I am outta here.

Sections
Shortcuts