Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Gamethread 1:05 Orioles @ Boston

This game is over. Another putrid outing against a mediocre pitcher. I like the Sox in the late fifties and early sixties. I was a young kid then and I did not know any better. I'm grown up now and I know better and all I can say is this team sucks. Get Bogaerts the hell out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and he did K, and I still don't understand why he is playing...9-for-73 with runners in scoring position--Xander...that's almost as bad as a pitcher hitting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and he did K, and I still don't understand why he is playing...9-for-73 with runners in scoring position--Xander...that's almost as bad as a pitcher hitting.

[/QUOTE]

I'm out of here as well. There is always the nightcap to watch this team stink it up. They suck!

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Is it now 2 for 52 ? This is not a slump, this is a mental breakdown. Give him at least two days off with a whole lot of or perhaps no batting practice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are still in a good position to win. The home team always has the edge in these situations. A walk off is coming.

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I blame Farrell for putting that kid out there to fail when he's so miserably lost...It's a tragedy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And i blame Farrell for mispitching Uehara...again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Hopefully, Farrell has the sense to sit X for game two.   The kid's head is lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Xander starts game 2, Farrell should be fired on the spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox still can win this...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nice sac bunt ... nice walk off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and they win...and Farrell will be called a genius for pitching Uehara in a non-save situation...:-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And Koji gets the W.  Good for him, although Lester deserved to get one but for the unearned runs.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

You can tell your great grandchildren you were watching the day a Red Sox RISP scored.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

And i blame Farrell for mispitching Uehara...again.

[/QUOTE]

How is this mispitching.  No save to be had, use your best BP guy in the 9th, next best in the 10th, etc.

And it worked out, didn't it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]

and they win...and Farrell will be called a genius for pitching Uehara in a non-save situation...:-)

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's been doing it all season, danny.  I don't agree with it either, but he's not going to change now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

For Lester its CHA...CHING

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell is out there sometimes. 2 Days haven't played, and he doesn't put in Ortiz. He's hitting .324 against the O's this season.

[/QUOTE]

Tim Britton 2m
    Ortiz had a long-planned family commitment in the Dominican. Would have missed the game yesterday, will be back for night game.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing against David, but what's the rush. Monday would be soon enough.

[/QUOTE]

Just reading through, don't know if it was mentioned but he Ortiz was attending his daughters High School graduation, and is expected back for tonight game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's been doing it all season, danny.  I don't agree with it either, but he's not going to change now.

[/QUOTE]
    So when exactly would a save situation present itself after the 9th in a home game? Pitch Uehara and hope to push one across in bottom of regulation. ..no extras.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Give Farrell credit for pinch hitting the right guys in Gomes and Herrera. Nice walk off. Lester didn't get credit for the win, but the team wouldn't have won without him. Pitched another gem. BTW, Rob Bradford was on the pre game with Joe Castiglione and said the talks with Lester's representatives and the organization, are still going on behind the scenes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox added LHP Tommy Layne as the 26th man for the second game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz is hitting .228 at home with 6 Hrs, and .274 with 13 Hrs on the road. Not using Leftfield wall. He hit .220 last year against the O's. Funny how things work.

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz needs to learn how to bunt the ball down the third baseline to force the defense to abandon the shift.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the opposition would love David to bunt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Can Xander be sent down during the game?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, there's a trap door right next to 3rd base.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

If Xander starts game 2, Farrell should be fired on the spot.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get my hopes up.