GameThread 39: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: GameThread 39: Red Sox at Rays

When you only have two pitchers in the starting rotation and almost no pitchers in the bullpen you can rely on your team has big problems.  You also have big problems when your lineup has 3 maybe 4 guys that can hit...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This is not really surprising or complicated.  Moore is one of the best young pitchers in the league. Lackey is Lackey. Advantage Rays.  The Sox are in a downward spiral. I don't know if they can snap out of it. Right now , they will find a way to lose. The players will not admit it , but I am sure they are feeling it. The losing gets to you and you start to press. The more you press , the worse it gets.

Lackey deserved better.  That popup has to be caught.  He is going to be better as he gets stronger after TJ surgery.   He won't be great but he will be ok as 4th or 5th starter.  The main problem now is lack of hitting.  Middlebrooks is killing them.  Gomes isn't doing much. Ells is average at best.  Papi has been slumping before tonight.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to jader's comment:

Will the Astros take Lackey if we pay his salary?

Lackey should be sent as far away from Boston as possible.  Send him to Taiwan so he can chill with Manny.   LOL

Lackey has actually pitched pretty well this year.  He is in shape and he is trying.  I wish people would support the guy a little.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lava finally hits ball well and it's right at the RFer.  No luck.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

This is not really surprising or complicated.  Moore is one of the best young pitchers in the league. Lackey is Lackey. Advantage Rays.  The Sox are in a downward spiral. I don't know if they can snap out of it. Right now , they will find a way to lose. The players will not admit it , but I am sure they are feeling it. The losing gets to you and you start to press. The more you press , the worse it gets.

Lackey deserved better.  That popup has to be caught.  He is going to be better as he gets stronger after TJ surgery.   He won't be great but he will be ok as 4th or 5th starter.  The main problem now is lack of hitting.  Middlebrooks is killing them.  Gomes isn't doing much. Ells is average at best.  Papi has been slumping before tonight.  

Why does the popup have to be caught if it deflected off the catwalk into a background that hides the ball. Why must you scapegoat?

I agree Tropicana Field ought to be destroyed we can only hope for a powerful Hurricane

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why does the popup have to be caught if it deflected off the catwalk into a background that hides the ball. Why must you scapegoat?

The point was that you can't blame that on Lackey.  Plus, there was no evidence it hit anything.  Pedey should have called off Nap.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Two monikers in the same thread pike? Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Loney did nothing for Sox last year and now looks like an all star this year.  Some guys just need to play in low pressure places where no one cares about them or baseball.  Like Tampa.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

I agree that the catwalk has come into play numerous times against the redsox(not just tonite) thats why i hate Tropicana field, I wasnt blaming that. Listen i know the team is the problem, not one person not one thing, many things come in play. If i hate something ill say it, i thought i was allowed to have discussion here wether good or bad without being flamed or being called silly little names.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

I agree that the catwalk has come into play numerous times against the redsox thats why i hate Tropicana field, I wasnt blaming that. Listen i know the team is the problem, not one person not one thing, many things come in play. If i hate something ill say it, i thought i was allowed to have discussion here weather good or bad without being flamed or being called silly little names.

I wasn't flaming you.

not you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Examiner doesn't want to discuss the effect of the catwalk and dome color on this game. Is he really a Red Sox fan? I doubt it.

Or, maybe I wasnt home watching the game when that happened, so I have no clue what its about. Either way pike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment: let's face it ells has been ROTTEN.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Two monikers in the same thread pike? Really?

Nothing new there, exam. Not only does he do it in the forum threads, but years ago he had several in each gamethread, which were a handful of his two dozen he had going at the time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Is anyone listening to the commentary of Remy and Orsillo? It doesn't seem so.

Second phase of the jodi arias trial tomorrow, 1pm pike. Set your clock.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Can't get the NESN feed, but Cafardo did not say catwalk.  I also think Pedroia would have caught it if Napoli hadn't called him off because Pedrois reacts well.    Speaking of scapegoats, Napoli looks really bad at bat tonight.  I am less and less in his corner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Can't get the NESN feed, but Cafardo did not say catwalk.  I also think Pedroia would have caught it if Napoli hadn't called him off because Pedrois reacts well.    Speaking of scapegoats, Napoli looks really bad at bat tonight.  I am less and less in his corner.

He's played a solid first base, max. I think it's the white out effect of the circus tent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Conan has been told what a "pink hat " is over 100 times and he still doesn't get it. Conan is here for 18 hrs per day. So is Mryazz. My guess is that they are BDC flies in the ointment.  They are summertime aliases of Carnie. Only here as gnats to annoy, stir the pot, and draw traffic to the forum by those who come here to be entertained by trollish behavior.

Not flies in the oinment but rather flies on shi .t

Sections
Shortcuts