4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: GameThread 39: Red Sox at Rays

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Damn tough game tonight.  

Oh well,........at least the O's lost too.

oh well,...at least the BRUINS are still alive. the only pro team in BOSTON that deserves to be called BOSTON STRONG.

Not sure about that, yaz. should never have come to overtime in the 7th game, when they had 3 games to put Toronto away. They were lucky to come away with the win, the series and move on the next round

disagree. they could have quit in the 3rd period. luck had nothing to do with it. man, some people are hard to please.

Thats why theyre professionals. quitters don't make it that far.  I'll admit I didnt hold out much hope but continued to watch. It's what makes sports so great. lady luck always has something to do with it

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN and Schilling looks more fat than John Kruk.   LOL

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Funny that J-Bay watches NESN and can't agree that the popup hit the catwalk and was osscurred from view from view which caused Pedroia to flub the catch.  Even Maddon admitted that in the postgame. Is J-Bay a pretend Sox fan also? Who is left here or is it all trolls?

Even if it hit something it still came down from about two hundred feet in the same area it would have without hitting anything.  They had time to adjust and it could have been caught.  A bad break or a bad play.  Either way it contributed mightily to the loss and Lackey can't catch a break.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

On this forum there are only two kinds of posters: the Trolls..............................and Pike

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The catwalk pop up was unfortunate. But let's not ignore the reality. Lackey , staked to a three run lead , lasted just four and a third innings. He gave up nine hits  and five runs. Our offense managed just three hits ( only one after the first inning ) We struck out twelve times. We did not deserve to win this game. The Trop is a terrible ball park , but we just finished stinking it up at home in Fenway.  Making excuses about catwalks and umpires is strictly for losers. The Sox are playing bad baseball. They need to turn it around promptly. Last year , despite all the controversy and slow start , we finished May one game over .500.   Will we be any better at the end of this month ? Stay tuned. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Globe write-up of the game indicates it was Napoli's ball to catch and he simply over-ran it.  The roof didn't help, but the ball was catchable. 

That said, the Rays vastly out hit the Sox, and Lackey got hit pretty hard.  After Ortiz's 3 run dinger in the first, the Sox basically couldn't hit spit.  Napoli went hitless and strike out 3 times.  This team seem to have a tough time hitting lefties.  So tough the first reliever for the Rays was a lefty despite the Sox having six righties in the lineup. 

Even though I blame Napoli, I recognize that, had he caught the ball, the Sox would have been in a tie ball game against a team that was far more likely to score the winning run at some point. 

I also recognize that the Trop is a horrible ball park whose fans just might hate it more than we do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Globe write-up of the game indicates it was Napoli's ball to catch and he simply over-ran it.  The roof didn't help, but the ball was catchable. 

That said, the Rays vastly out hit the Sox, and Lackey got hit pretty hard.  After Ortiz's 3 run dinger in the first, the Sox basically couldn't hit spit.  Napoli went hitless and strike out 3 times.  This team seem to have a tough time hitting lefties.  So tough the first reliever for the Rays was a lefty despite the Sox having six righties in the lineup. 

Even though I blame Napoli, I recognize that, had he caught the ball, the Sox would have been in a tie ball game against a team that was far more likely to score the winning run at some point. 

I also recognize that the Trop is a horrible ball park whose fans just might hate it more than we do.

How would they know.....none of them show up to find outTongue Out

Sections
Shortcuts