Gamethread 7:10 Blue Jays @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread 7:10 Blue Jays @ Boston

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Victorino RF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C, Buchholz RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Gamethread 7:10 Blue Jays @ Boston

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Victorino RF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C, Buchholz RHP

[/QUOTE]Welcome home BOYS........  Bradleys out ??   Big changes coming this week......  "DAY TO DAY STRANGE CLAY" TONIGHT !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Welcome home BOYS........  Bradleys out ??   Big changes coming this week......  "DAY TO DAY STRANGE CLAY" TONIGHT !!!

[/QUOTE]

No Bradley because they gotta get Drew in the lineup. For reasons none of us know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

I hope jbj is not part of a trade deal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No way they trade JBJ, but why play Drew any more ? Teams know what he can do and the way he is hitting , his value goes down with more exposure.. Trade him for a ham sandwich and try Bogie back at short. Same with Ross unless he is a security blanket for Clay, who should pitch well, or be replaced by one of the Pawsox guys

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

FYI, Tonights Sox/J''s game,  is the ESPN Monday game of the week

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way they trade JBJ, but why play Drew any more ? Teams know what he can do and the way he is hitting , his value goes down with more exposure.. Trade him for a ham sandwich and try Bogie back at short. Same with Ross unless he is a security blanket for Clay, who should pitch well, or be replaced by one of the Pawsox guys

[/QUOTE]

Bogie has the look of a guy who is struggling at baseball for the first time in his life and is having trouble handling it.  If he's not the ss of the future (and it certainly looks like the Red Sox have decided that he isn't), no need to put him back there only to switch him off again next year for Marrero or whoever.

Ross is here for 2 more months to help tutor Vazquez.  No more, no less.  He'll play 2x per week, probably paired with Lester and Buchholz with Vazquez handling the other 3. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pitching matchups for the Red Sox-Blue Jays series this week at Fenway Park.

Monday: RHP R.A. Dickey (8-10, 4.04) vs. RHP Clay Buchholz (5-6, 5.50), 7:10 p.m., NESN, ESPN.

Tuesday: RHP Marcus Stroman (6-2, 3.21) vs. RHP Rubby De La Rosa (3-3, 3.54), 7:10 p.m., NESN, ESPN.

Wednesday: LHP Mark Buehrle (10-7, 3.19) vs. LHP Jon Lester (10-7, 2.52), 7:10 p.m., NESN, ESPN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We should get something close to real news about the trade scene with ESPN in town.

JBJ out of the lineup; too bad. If he is part of a Sox trade it will not be to the Dodgers who seem to have a plethora of OF'ders. Maybe it's an even up trade to the Braves for BJ Upton or part of something with the Pirates in a package including Miller or Ue.

This has the makings of an exciting week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If Lester is moved, which I hope not, it probably would be before his start Wednesday, as his new team would want that start from him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Reason I would move Bogie back to short, or first, or left, is that they are going to bring Middlebrooks back to see if he has got it together. Unless they try himat first, they will probably put him back at third and see how he handles it now  As  forRoss, I understand his roll, but I would reduce his use for the rest of the year, and give the kid all the work he can take since he will be here next year and Ross will not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogie has the look of a guy who is struggling at baseball for the first time in his life and is having trouble handling it.  If he's not the ss of the future (and it certainly looks like the Red Sox have decided that he isn't), no need to put him back there only to switch him off again next year for Marrero or whoever.

Ross is here for 2 more months to help tutor Vazquez.  No more, no less.  He'll play 2x per week, probably paired with Lester and Buchholz with Vazquez handling the other 3. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree it doesn't look like Bogie is the SS of the future, but that's the Sox' fault and not Bogie's.

True he wasn't a gold glove at SS, but he only had a short tryout before he was moved to third. It clearly shattered his confidence, since he's dropped through the floor in fielding and hitting since then.

It would be worth moving him back to SS just to see if they can get his head back on straight, and to give him a little more time to prove himself. The season's going nowhere, and there's a danger they'll lose this kid altogether.  Then he'll show up in a year with a different team playing killer infield and hitting .340.

They panicked with Drew. OK. But they're compounding the error (pun intended) by keeping him in there now.

On the other hand, if they've decided that Bogie isn't going to be the Sox' SS, then they'd do better to play Holt there to see what he could do. Drew gives us nothing at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account ‏@PeteAbe 5mLester’s loyalty to the #RedSox seems to be working against him. Team now seems to want to test that. Quite a message to other players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  3m
    One other #RedSox thought: Window closing on era when Ortiz is good for 30/100. Can’t waste that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree it doesn't look like Bogie is the SS of the future, but that's the Sox' fault and not Bogie's.

True he wasn't a gold glove at SS, but he only had a short tryout before he was moved to third. It clearly shattered his confidence, since he's dropped through the floor in fielding and hitting since then.

It would be worth moving him back to SS just to see if they can get his head back on straight, and to give him a little more time to prove himself. The season's going nowhere, and there's a danger they'll lose this kid altogether.  Then he'll show up in a year with a different team playing killer infield and hitting .340.

They panicked with Drew. OK. But they're compounding the error (pun intended) by keeping him in there now.

On the other hand, if they've decided that Bogie isn't going to be the Sox' SS, then they'd do better to play Holt there to see what he could do. Drew gives us nothing at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I suspect they've seen enough at the major and minor league levels to make the decision.  To me, moving him back only gives him false hope, and more than likely he will get moved again next spring.  I also don't think his offensive woes are the result of the position change.  It is because big league pitchers figured out he is having trouble recognizing breaking stuff (sliders/change-ups down and away) and they exploited it.  And that would have happened whether he was playing ss or 3rd.  It also seems to me he has become a little pull happy; it seemed to me he went with the pitch a little more in April and May.  Admittedly I don't see every game, so I could be off base here.  I don;t think sending him down, as some advocate, will do much for him, because he needs to see big league sliders to learn to recognize them.

He's only 21, and he's got to grow up a little.  He's got to adjust to what he's seeing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Those are good points illinois RS but I think it sends the wrong message to the rest of the prospects busting it everyday in the minors to see both Xander and JBJ having a hard time yet still be starting every game.

My suggestion would be to send one at a time down as they will Webster and bring someone else up shortly. Actually I'm surprised they haven't sent RDLR down for a start at AAA--perhaps some team would like to see him pitch again at the ML level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welcome home BOYS........  Bradleys out ??   Big changes coming this week......  "DAY TO DAY STRANGE CLAY" TONIGHT !!!

[/QUOTE]

No Bradley because they gotta get Drew in the lineup. For reasons none of us know.

[/QUOTE]

No Bradley because the manager's a moron. Holt s/b at 3rd and Xander s/b in Pawtucket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those are good points illinois RS but I think it sends the wrong message to the rest of the prospects busting it everyday in the minors to see both Xander and JBJ having a hard time yet still be starting every game.

My suggestion would be to send one at a time down as they will Webster and bring someone else up shortly. Actually I'm surprised they haven't sent RDLR down for a start at AAA--perhaps some team would like to see him pitch again at the ML level.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with what you say about XB, but not JBJ.  IMO JBJ should be starting EVERY game.  He's hitting .230 for the year but .258 over the past 10 games.  He's moving in the right direction offensively and he's head and shoulders better defensivly than any other OF'er we've got. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Reason I would move Bogie back to short, or first, or left, is that they are going to bring Middlebrooks back to see if he has got it together. Unless they try himat first, they will probably put him back at third and see how he handles it now  As  forRoss, I understand his roll, but I would reduce his use for the rest of the year, and give the kid all the work he can take since he will be here next year and Ross will not.

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is hitting .247/.699 at Pawtucket. There is no reason to bring him back if he cannot hit AAA pitching. He is finished.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Buchholz may be a lousy pitcher, but, at least, he's slow between pitches.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  1m  #RedSox know the price on Lester and now are looking to trade him:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Good start Clay.  Keep up the good work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm starting to hate Clay more than I hated Drew or Crawford.

Right now it goes

Crawford

Drew

Buck

but Buck is about to over-take Drew

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now it goes

Crawford

Drew

Buck

[/QUOTE]

Which Drew? Btw, I hated A-gone as much as Crawful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right now it goes

Crawford

Drew

Buck

[/QUOTE]

Which Drew? Btw, I hated A-gone as much as Crawful.

[/QUOTE]

David Jonathan

Sections
Shortcuts