Gamethread Friday 8:10 Red Sox @ Houston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Friday 8:10 Red Sox @ Houston

Friday: RHP John Lackey (9-6, 3.84) vs. RHP Scott Feldman (4-5, 3.86), 8:10 p.m. (ET), NESN.

#RedSox: Holt RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Carp 1B, Nava LF, Bradley Jr. CF, Bogaerts 3B, Drew SS, Vazquez C, Lackey RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Friday 8:10 Red Sox @ Houston

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  26m
    Bradley is hitting 6th for the first time in his MLB career. 100 of his 105 previous starts 8th or 9th

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  1h
    Several of the #redsox coaches and staffers, John Farrell among them, taking some early BP swings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  · 
    The trainers, massage therapists, strength coach etc. all taking some hacks. #RedSox having a little fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I guess Farrell is a little more left/right extremist than I realized. Carp in this lineup and Betts is not? I could see Nava at first and Betts in the outfield, but Carp? Gimme a break!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Because misery likes company;Yankee fans who have lost their best pitcher and their team is barely over .500, now must face more pain. Michael Kaye has been MIA, so Ken Simpleton has been doing the play-by-play on the YES network. Helping him out is David Conehead. One would be hard-pressed to find a more pain-inducing announcing team. Seriously, these guys are the pits and it couldn't happen to a better team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

...and the great, looking for a new team, Stephen Drew at short...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo  ·  11m
    3 things learned: Red Sox would prefer to keep Bogearts at 3rd. They also want to keep Uehara for next season. Can deal Drew if he hits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I guess Farrell is a little more left/right extremist than I realized. Carp in this lineup and Betts is not? I could see Nava at first and Betts in the outfield, but Carp? Gimme a break!

You have to figure Farrell is giving Carp a apple as a reward for last night winning hit.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

You have to figure Farrell is giving Carp a apple as a reward for last night winning hit.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

I believe you're right, because that's how a mediocre manager would manage.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    For those asking, no @DonOrsillo or @Jerry_Remy for this series. They’re on vacation. A first for Don. @JonRish and @SteveLyons12 on

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I don't know about the NESN announcrs, but the Houston announcers thought Holt "might have been safe" on that attempted steal of third. Why didn't Farrell appeal it? Don't bother saying, "because he thought he was out", because how could he tell from the dugout? And they didn't see the replay? I'm getting more fed up with him every day!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

Boegarts needs to be back at AAA level until he regains his swing. He looks like a Middlebrooks clone. He is killing this lineup no matter where he is placed. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

The legend of Holt continues. Who is he and why is he on this team?

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

I guess no one noticed that the Sox are in the lead. Highly unusual.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Holt is amazing...but is he really true?...  Could we see him with the great Sox team of 2016?...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

3 things learned: Red Sox would prefer to keep Bogearts at 3rd. They also want to keep Uehara for next season. Can deal Drew if he hits.

How about Lester?... What does Cafardo say or not say?...would hate it if FO let him go...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

How about Lester?... What does Cafardo say or not say?...would hate it if FO let him go...

Just that both sides have resumed contract talks 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

sound like Farrell is forced to use Carp more often so Carp can get a better trade bait value

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Just that both sides have resumed contract talks 

Very good news!!!

Sections
Shortcuts