Gamethread Friday Red Sox @ Tampa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Friday Red Sox @ Tampa

Friday: LHP Jon Lester (10-7, 2.50) vs. LHP David Price (10-7, 3.06), 7:10 p.m., NESN, MLB Network.

#RedSox: Holt SS, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Victorino RF, Bogaerts 3B, Bradley Jr. CF, Ross C, Lester LHP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Friday Red Sox @ Tampa

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  36m
    Never expected Xander Bogaerts would have a -0.1 fWAR (0.1 fWAR) on July 25.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  4h
    So @Middlebrooks is 9 of 28 with 3 HRs last 7 games of AAA rehab. Could 3B in contention for the #RedSox?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Just guessing Papi read all of the reports of his being afraid to face Price! Guess again trolls!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

So @Middlebrooks is 9 of 28 with 3 HRs last 7 games of AAA rehab. Could 3B in contention for the #RedSox?

That's at AAA. He'll come up and bat .200-240 with a 33% k rate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Little surprised that Pedroia is in the lineup...Holt usually plays 2b on Fridays, SS on Saturdays, 3B on Sundays, RF on Mondays, LF on Tuesdays, CF on Wednesdays, and 1B on Thursdays...he could come into relieve as well, depends on if Farrell wants an effective 7th or 8th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

That's at AAA. He'll come up and bat .200-240 with a 33% k rate.

That's a bullseye. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Sometime during  pre game warmups----Lester should have two sentences for Price--You hit my guy--your best player will be my target. Whether I get tossed or not--I will take him with me out of the game.

There could be more than just a couple of players yelling from deep in the crowd. The Sox should be in a bad mood tonight and almost anything could set them off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Here in upstate NY, it appears that MLB network is carrying tonight's game. It's been a while since I've seen this remarkable team. Don't predict the SOX scoring too many this evening(<3 runs) How's that for going out on a limb. Hopefully, some heads will roll after this season's over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Sox should be motivated for this one..imo still capable of making a push...have a great weekend everyone!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I know of a lot players that bouncing from position to position takes its toll. Maybe Holt is having a great time circling the diamond defensively, but he needs to be settled into a spot--RF wouldn't be a bad landing spot either. He's got a great eye for judging fly balls. And those who don't think it affects you offensively, bouncing around does exactly that. When you look at it from a scouting standpoint and from a physical standpoint, you are taking an entirely different approach at SS or 3B than you are in RF or LF or CF and those outfield spots all have their own idiosyncrasies. It will take its toll. But it's the feel good story of the year, Mr. Cesar Tovar Holt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If they lose the series I would predict there will be players DFA'd because it will be apparent no one is interested in trading for them: Peavy and Gomes. Deadline move Ue---this could be Lester's last start in a Sox uni. The Sox have 60 games left--9.5 out today--10.5 or 12.5 games out end of weekend. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I know of a lot players that bouncing from position to position takes its toll. Maybe Holt is having a great time circling the diamond defensively, but he needs to be settled into a spot--RF wouldn't be a bad landing spot either. He's got a great eye for judging fly balls. And those who don't think it affects you offensively, bouncing around does exactly that. When you look at it from a scouting standpoint and from a physical standpoint, you are taking an entirely different approach at SS or 3B than you are in RF or LF or CF and those outfield spots all have their own idiosyncrasies. It will take its toll. But it's the feel good story of the year, Mr. Cesar Tovar Holt.

Right or left, that's for sure. Instincts are beyond belief. Much more time to react, and take advantage of them in the outfield.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Sometime during  pre game warmups----Lester should have two sentences for Price--You hit my guy--your best player will be my target. Whether I get tossed or not--I will take him with me out of the game.

There could be more than just a couple of players yelling from deep in the crowd. The Sox should be in a bad mood tonight and almost anything could set them off.

I'm thinking it's hard for overpaid millionaires to ever be in a bad mood. Take my word for it; in modern day baseball the fans take the losses harder than the millionaires.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

I'm thinking it's hard for overpaid millionaires to ever be in a bad mood. Take my word for it; in modern day baseball the fans take the losses harder than the millionaires.

Spoken like the truly clueless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Little surprised that Pedroia is in the lineup...Holt usually plays 2b on Fridays, SS on Saturdays, 3B on Sundays, RF on Mondays, LF on Tuesdays, CF on Wednesdays, and 1B on Thursdays...he could come into relieve as well, depends on if Farrell wants an effective 7th or 8th.

good one lol lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I thought you were ignoring my posts, slug.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

After the Toronto series, I am now more at peace with Sox.  Won't be down if they lose, won't feel euphoric if they win.  Will just enjoy the game regardless of the outcome.

Will hope the youth movement gains momentum, with Bogaerts finding his touch with the bat, Holt and JBJ continuing to flourish.

Also thankfully watch the curtain call for some of the veterans, like Gomes, perhaps even Victorino, Lester and Papi.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

After the Toronto series, I am now more at peace with Sox.  Won't be down if they lose, won't feel euphoric if they win.  Will just enjoy the game regardless of the outcome.

Will hope the youth movement gains momentum, with Bogaerts finding his touch with the bat, Holt and JBJ continuing to flourish.

Also thankfully watch the curtain call for some of the veterans, like Gomes, perhaps even Victorino, Lester and Papi.

Papi will be back next year; as for Gomes, hopefully he is gone by 7/31. Victorino is a human curtain call, Lester, should be traded by 7/31 and than the SOX pick him up as a free agent during the off-season or they don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Some are just too stupid to ignore.

Kind of like Bill's...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Some are just too stupid to ignore.

Kind of like Bill's...

Try harder, A-whole.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Gonna be a long night if Price is going to get calls on balls 3 inches outside and down.  That's not hittable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Rumor has it that manager Farkell was seen at a novelty store purchasing eye covers. They give the eyes the appearance that they're open, when, in reality, they are closed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I see a no-hitter in Price's immediate future.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Vic saves the day again. 

Sections
Shortcuts