Gamethread Friday Red Sox at Texas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Gamethread Friday Red Sox at Texas

Dead

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our RISP numbers wont get any worse if we have no runners.

[/QUOTE]
    Hey, there's the bright spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team could not score in a house of ill repute with a fistful of 50 dollar bills. Middlebrooks is what he is a .220 hitter who hits mistakes, Victorino has had a lot of injuries and looks old at this point, and they never replaced Ellsbury's production because Larry Luchinno wanted to save John Henry's money and get a bonus. Every night no matter who the pitcher is on the other team we cannot score. Larry get a hitter please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team could not score in a house of ill repute with a fistful of 50 dollar bills. Middlebrooks is what he is a .220 hitter who hits mistakes, Victorino has had a lot of injuries and looks old at this point, and they never replaced Ellsbury's production because Larry Luchinno wanted to save John Henry's money and get a bonus. Every night no matter who the pitcher is on the other team we cannot score. Larry get a hitter please.

[/QUOTE]

This team's so bad, I don't think even Bobby Valentine could save it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually, its so bad Bobby Valentine couldn't screw it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What kills me is Larry Luchinno and him patting himself on the back for last year on a team that severely overachieved last year. Prior to last year, the last time this team was in the playoffs was 2009.  

We we beat a lousy hitting Cincinnati team and we were barely able to beat them. The money should have gone to Ellsbury not to Pedroia who had another year to go. 

I knew this team did not have enough hitting, how come Larry "The Relic" Luchinno did not see it ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Okay, the RED SOX are bad, but, at least, they're not exciting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

and  for  the  most  part  this  team  cant  stay  at  500

Boring

the  focus  will  be  on the  error/hit  and  not  the  lack  of  hits  by  this  mediocre  team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Actually, there's a lot of mediocre teams this year. I think lack of new talent has caught up with ML baseball just like the NBA. Too many teams, too little talent. Simple math.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBJ cannot hit and is a defensive replacement at best right now, maybe he will get better, but he is no Ellsbury at all. Baeggerts cannot hit with runners in scoring position and Pedroia should not have gotten that contract before Ellsbury was taken care of. The way this team over rates their position players I am curious how the catcher at Pawtucket is going to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, there's a lot of mediocre teams this year. I think lack of new talent has caught up with ML baseball just like the NBA. Too many teams, too little talent. Simple math.

[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the PED testing and these guys cannot cheat anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the PED testing and these guys cannot cheat anymore.

[/QUOTE]

PEDS wouldn't help WMB; one still has to have the talent to hit the ball. If you can't hit the ball, PEDS are useless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

No surprise that the SOX's only respectable hitter saved us the embarrassment of a no hitter. Thanks David. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This is a .500 team this year, unless something is done to change things. With the current roster I think we win about 81 games, give or take a game or two. Its pretty clear that Wil Middlebrooks is never going to be a ML caliber player, at least not as a starter. He had his chance; he is now at .204/.698 this year and has had nearly 450 PAs during which his OPS is around .700-AND he is a poor fielder. He has to go NOW if this team is going to have any hope to challenge for a playoff spot. Bradley (.204/.628) should follow him in about three weeks if he cannot hit the baseball despite his prowess as a defensive CF. If Clay Buchholz (ERA 6.44) cannot improve consistently over the next three starts I would DL him and give someone else a chance, perhaps Workman. This team has major problems in many areas and now is the time to begin to fix them...unless the management has decided to sacrifice this year as a rebuilding year during which the rookies play no matter what. We will find out their intentions over the next few weeks to months by their actions.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

tough night..Ortiz goes full circle to break it up...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a nice guy, Jete, but I'm still confused. Are you a Yankee or a SOX fan? It's not normal to be both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement] Tell you what; If I'm Darvish, no way am I throwing a strike to Ortiz. The perfect game was gone anyway. I let Ortiz chase or walk him. Take my chances with Napoli. It's not often you get a shot at a no hitter. Well, unless you are Nolan Ryan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Forget one step forward, 2 steps back.

We may be looking at 3 seps back by Sunday evening.

RIGHT Now, this lineup has more holes than swiss cheese.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a nice guy, Jete, but I'm still confused. Are you a Yankee or a SOX fan? It's not normal to be both.

[/QUOTE] i'm a Yankee fan who's just making an observation on last night's game, and since both situations involved Ortiz wouldn't you call that full circle??...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement] Tell you what; If I'm Darvish, no way am I throwing a strike to Ortiz. The perfect game was gone anyway. I let Ortiz chase or walk him. Take my chances with Napoli. It's not often you get a shot at a no hitter. Well, unless you are Nolan Ryan. 

[/QUOTE] Gale, i think only an IBB would have let him face Napoli, his pc was getting up there, in his post game Arencebia said after he missed with his breaking ball he decided to scrrap it and go to the fastball that Ortiz got through the shift..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

What kills me is Larry Luchinno and him patting himself on the back for last year on a team that severely overachieved last year. Prior to last year, the last time this team was in the playoffs was 2009.  

We we beat a lousy hitting Cincinnati team and we were barely able to beat them. The money should have gone to Ellsbury not to Pedroia who had another year to go. 

I knew this team did not have enough hitting, how come Larry "The Relic" Luchinno did not see it ?

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  If the Red Sox really want to compete this season they have to make some improvements soon.  Also, they almost never play well against Texas, especially in Texas.  I am not sure but I would imagine they have a losing record against Texas for the last 5 years or maybe even longer.