Gamethread Friday SEA @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Gamethread Friday SEA @ Boston

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I hope this team loses every remaining game. They suck. I demand an apology from Lucchino.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

Then I hope you were kissing his rear last year for that title.

[/QUOTE]

I also demand an apology for finishing last in 2012. Two last place finishes in three years=incompetent management, especially with the budget we have. Poor judgement of player talent; over-rated farm system....the list goes on. When they put this excuse for a team on the field they owe the fans an apology.

[/QUOTE]

Do you give them any credit for 3 WS titles in 10 years or were those luck?

[/QUOTE]

2007 is a long time ago. Like I said in other threads, the franchise has gone downhill. They are averaging 8.5 wins less per season over the past five years as compared to the previous five years. Much of the 04 ring was because Duquette built a good team; Cherington has a lot of explaining to do.

[/QUOTE]

What MLB franchise has 3 titles in 10 years?

[/QUOTE]

Who cares what happened ten years ago? Not me. It was great at the time; its ancient history now. I expect better than what I have seen the past five years, and especially this year and two years ago. They have the budget to compete nearly every year, but not the baseball brains. In how many years over the past five years have we won any playoff games?

[/QUOTE]

I think they won quite a few playoff games (11) last year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I hope this team loses every remaining game. They suck. I demand an apology from Lucchino.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I also demand an apology for finishing last in 2012. Two last place finishes in three years=incompetent management, especially with the budget we have. Poor judgement of player talent; over-rated farm system....the list goes on. When they put this excuse for a team on the field they owe the fans an apology.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2007 is a long time ago. Like I said in other threads, the franchise has gone downhill. They are averaging 8.5 wins less per season over the past five years as compared to the previous five years. Much of the 04 ring was because Duquette built a good team; Cherington has a lot of explaining to do.

[/QUOTE]

He can start by explaining what they do with that 2013 World Series trophy.

[/QUOTE]

He can start by explaining why we are finishing last two of the past three years, and why we are winning over 8 games a year less than six years ago-and why Middlebrooks and JBJ were so over-rated. I would start there. And then I would expect him to apologize for putting these bums on the field this year....then explain what he intends to do to correct it and how many years it will take. Last year was an aberration. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't care if they win 70 games this year.  They won a World Series last year.  They will regroup next year.   Losses this year mean nothing next year just like 2012 meant nothing in 2013.  Middlebrooks and JBJ were not Ben's draft picks.  Those were Theo's. If you don't like the product on the field, stop watching or going to games.  How many games have you went to this year?

[/QUOTE]

How many games have I gone to this year? ZERO! Fans should not support this garbage. They should be voting with their feet. Even if I wanted to see games, living on the west coast limits my access. But if I were in Boston, I would never pay money to watch these bums, never support LL and Henry for fielding this kind of garbage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who cares what happened ten years ago? Not me. It was great at the time; its ancient history now. I expect better than what I have seen the past five years, and especially this year and two years ago. They have the budget to compete nearly every year, but not the baseball brains. In how many years over the past five years have we won any playoff games?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have won playoff games in ONE of the past five years. I am glad for you if you think that is satisfactory. I don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He can start by explaining why we are finishing last two of the past three years, and why we are winning over 8 games a year less than six years ago-and why Middlebrooks and JBJ were so over-rated. I would start there. And then I would expect him to apologize for putting these bums on the field this year....then explain what he intends to do to correct it and how many years it will take. Last year was an aberration. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't care if they win 70 games this year.  They won a World Series last year.  They will regroup next year.   Losses this year mean nothing next year just like 2012 meant nothing in 2013.  Middlebrooks and JBJ were not Ben's draft picks.  Those were Theo's. If you don't like the product on the field, stop watching or going to games.  How many games have you went to this year?

[/QUOTE]

How many games have I gone to this year? ZERO! Fans should not support this garbage. They should be voting with their feet. Even if I wanted to see games, living on the west coast limits my access. But if I were in Boston, I would never pay money to watch these bums, never support LL and Henry for fielding this kind of garbage.

[/QUOTE]

Stop watching games then. Give up and be a Cub fan or a Royals fan or a Dodger fan.  When is the last time those teams won a WS?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

This game marked a strange reversal of the last game these two teams played at Fenway Park when the Red Sox scored six runs in the bottom of the ninth inning for an 8-7 win in another Felix Hernandez start:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201308010.shtml" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201308010.shtml

That game marked the second Red Sox walk-off win over the Mariners in two nights:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201307310.shtml" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS201307310.shtml

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have won playoff games in ONE of the past five years. I am glad for you if you think that is satisfactory. I don't.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I am fine with that. 3 World Series titles in 10 years.  One in the last year.  Yep. I can live with that.  Yankee fans are wishing for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stop watching games then. Give up and be a Cub fan or a Royals fan or a Dodger fan.  When is the last time those teams won a WS?

[/QUOTE]

I do watch a lot less of the games now. When the game gets out of hand (ie the opposition gets a three run lead, which is just about insurmountable with these bums) I go spend my time in a more useful manner. I am a Red Sox fan, not a Cubs fan. However, unlike some fans, I do not accept the decline this team has undergone in the last five year. I will not support it by buying a ticket, and I think if more fans voted with their feet too we would get a better product on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

When Seattle catcher Mike Zunino fanned for the second out in the top of the ninth, the Red Sox had a win expectancy of 98.8 percent:

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2014/8/22/6058893/69-58-mariners-mount-absurd-comeback-against-red-sox" rel="nofollow">http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2014/8/22/6058893/69-58-mariners-mount-absurd-comeback-against-red-sox

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell really needs to have his head examined...an ex-pitching coach??  All he's thinking about is himself and not the welfare of his players.

If I were Koji, I'd sign with a different team next year.  That is, if his arm is still attached.

[/QUOTE]

Farrell, an ex-pitching coach? Hell no; he just played one on TV. A smart FO would fire that slug immediately; unfortunately, the SOX have Ben and Larry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

At this point in the season, losses are not all bad.  As Ken Rosenthal wrote in his column today, if you are going to lose, lose big.  High draft pick, more pool money, more international signing money.  Plus, the draft pick is protected even if QO FA is signed.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, but not at the expense of your better players.

[/QUOTE]

Koji has thrown 10 2/3 innings in 22 days this month.  That is not exactly a heavy workload. He just didn't have it tonight. Plus, there were a couple of bloop hits.  That is not the manager's fault.

[/QUOTE]

Like the rest of the team, Koji is mailing it in. All these losers, save a couple, have just given up and do not think they owe the fans a decent effort to try to win. There are not many of them I want to see in a FLOPS uniform next year...not many at all.

[/QUOTE]

I think splendidsplinter is a plant from the SOX FO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're giving Ted Williams nickname a bad name. You're too boring to own that moniker. Why don't you call yourself REDSOXAPOLOGIST?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

For a while last night after looking at the score in the 7th inning I was worried the SOX were gonna win. Thank god the losing streak is still alive.

Obviously the fans have had enough of this dreck; I see that only 36,000+ attended last nights bore fest. OF course, many may have paid the high ticket prices just to see WALLY and participate in the WALLY DANCE. And then, of course, there's the Neil Diamond sing-a-long. Oh, I almost forgot about the WAVE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the loss actually hurt the yankees; i slept very good last night

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Bogaerts said he was not dizzy after the HBP. But did say he had trouble focusing at SS next inning. Was tested for a concussion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Uehara allowed 5 runs that inning. He allowed 2 runs (one earned) last July, August and September.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Uehara allowed 5 runs that inning. He allowed 2 runs (one earned) last July, August and September.

[/QUOTE]

he left everything up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're giving Ted Williams nickname a bad name. You're too boring to own that moniker. Why don't you call yourself REDSOXAPOLOGIST?

[/QUOTE]

And you and Pumpsie should change yours to Captain Negative and Mr. Doom.  What a bunch of crybabies.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts