1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Monday 10:05 Red Sox @ Seattle

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    First HR off the King since April 21.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Does the team shrink travel with the Sox cause  Lackey needs more than one type of medical treatment. Yeah, leave him in a little longer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Why bother to take him out now?  You waited  two hitters too long.  Our manager is an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Not too bad, right? Now 1-4 on the road trip. This team is full of losers. Its amazing how truly awful these bums are.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Drew strikes outagain I'm shocked. He needs two more weeks in Pawtucket

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Who cares any more? This is all about next year now. Has been for a month. Cherries better make some intelligent moves to make this team relevant again next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

anddddd lackey is imploding. Maybe he should calm down and remember to cover first base. Could have been out the inning and the game still tied. Now its 4-2. This team is hopeless. Meanwhile, the FO just sits back and does nothing, good thing we have so many prospects in the minors...... 7-2, this is what happens when you leave a pitcher in too long and play a 2B/3B in RF. As much as holt has hit well (though he has really slowed down lately), he is not an outfielder. He has a weak arm and is not fast. And his inexperience showed on that play. Totally misread the ball off the bat. This is what happens when u have a team built with spare parts. The FO should be embarrassed by the is joke of a team they assembled. Sox fans deserve better. This is downright pathetic. We have holt, nava, bradley, AJ and drew all starting on this team. What kind of big market, high payroll team puts together a line up that is so incredibly inept? Sox fans pay a premium to watch their team, the least the FO can do is put a good team on the field. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Too late for tonight, and probably too late for this season, at least with the present crew of incompetents..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

anddddd lackey is imploding. Maybe he should calm down and remember to cover first base. Could have been out the inning and the game still tied. Now its 4-2. This team is hopeless. Meanwhile, the FO just sits back and does nothing, good thing we have so many prospects in the minors...... 7-2, this is what happens when you leave a pitcher in too long and play a 2B/3B in RF. As much as holt has hit well (though he has really slowed down lately), he is not an outfielder. He has a weak arm and is not fast. And his inexperience showed on that play. Totally misread the ball off the bat. This is what happens when u have a team built with spare parts. The FO should be embarrassed by the is joke of a team they assembled. Sox fans deserve better. This is downright pathetic. We have holt, nava, bradley, AJ and drew all starting on this team. What kind of big market, high payroll team puts together a line up that is so incredibly inept? Sox fans pay a premium to watch their team, the least the FO can do is put a good team on the field. 

A public apology by Cherries for fielding this group of losers would be appropriate I think. Along with a promise to either do a better job next year or resign.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

A public apology by Cherries for fielding this group of losers would be appropriate I think. Along with a promise to either do a better job next year or resign.

[object HTMLDivElement] What is even more bizarre is that we still have posters defending every move he made or did not make. Now that is loyalty. Blind loyalty perhaps, but still loyalty. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Tom Caron ‏@TomCaron 3m
    If you're still awake say it with me: "THAT is why Stephen Drew is in the lineup." All tied at 1 after 3. #Redsox @NESN

[object HTMLDivElement].  Drew is being paid 10 mil for half a season. He is batting .146 with no home runs and an OPS of .281. Do we need to check with Tom Caron to determine why he is in the lineup? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team absolutely blows chunks, cannot hit a lick, every game is a struggle with hitting, and the pitchers have to be perfect every time out. What really Gauls me is Luchinno's lack of activity over the Winter Meetings and believing in players like Gomes, Nava, Ross, Middlebrooks, and Victorino would do this year what they did last year. Larry went cheap with major league minimum players like Baeggerts and Jackie Bradley Jr. who are not as good as they sold to us they would be. Bad management and a bad team and a race that is over in early June. Thanks Ben, I mean Larry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Tom Caron ‏@TomCaron 3m
    If you're still awake say it with me: "THAT is why Stephen Drew is in the lineup." All tied at 1 after 3. #Redsox @NESN

[object HTMLDivElement].  Drew is being paid 10 mil for half a season. He is batting .146 with no home runs and an OPS of .281. Do we need to check with Tom Caron to determine why he is in the lineup? 

What do you think he is going to say, that the team is done this year, like we already know. He works for NESN and John Henry pays his salary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Tom Caron ‏@TomCaron 3m

What do you think he is going to say, that the team is done this year, like we already know. He works for NESN and John Henry pays his salary.

[object HTMLDivElement].  Well , maybe Henry should let Caron go. Hire an intern to do his job at a lower salary. Save more money. I understand we have a few prospective Tom Carons  " waiting in the wings."  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Who cares any more? This is all about next year now. Has been for a month. Cherries better make some intelligent moves to make this team relevant again next year.

Do you think one of the moves would be to fire manager Farkell? Only kidding, this seems to be the type of manager the SOX FO likes to have around. Hey, if they couldn't keep Tito, at least they got his clone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Just when I was in the front seat of Lackey's band wagon, he pulls this crap. Oh well, now this team is worse than I thought.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Tom Caron ‏@TomCaron 3m

That type of play is why Drew was resigned and in the lineup. No one was checking with Tom Caron, I posted it, due to the nice play made by Drew. Actually, when he made the play, I thought the same thing. His offense and salary, are a different discussion. He was not ready offensively, as discussed by Eck. last night. If the organization pays a player some complain, if they don't they complain. Can't win 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Not too bad, right? Now 1-4 on the road trip. This team is full of losers. Its amazing how truly awful these bums are.

Some of those losers are laughing when at first with the opposing team when losing by a ton of runs.  I watched the whole game last night.  They are toast even though they are still close in the wild card race.  I sense a "I don't care attitude" like in 2012.  I wonder who will be the first to shut it down?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Come now, how many of you guys thought they were going to "Build" on Sunday's incredibly lucky and completely random win?  It's OK.  You can admit it.  Be honest with yourselves.  After all, we already know exactly who you are...........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

Some of those losers are laughing when at first with the opposing team when losing by a ton of runs.  I watched the whole game last night.  They are toast even though they are still close in the wild card race.  I sense a "I don't care attitude" like in 2012.  I wonder who will be the first to shut it down?

I don't think there are many candidates to shut it down.

You have rookies (eg Boggy, Holt) fighting to become established, you have pending free agents (Lester, Drew), you have warriors (Ortiz, Pedey) who never quit.  Then there are few dolts.  Those who have fat deals beyond this year and who have no guts.  That would be your Clay Buchholtz and Edward Mujica - they have nothing more they can gain and yet nothing to lose regardless of performance.  As I've been saying, they need to be DFA'd a month ago.  One down -  2 to go.  Am I missing anyone

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Come now, now many of you guys thought they were going to "Build" on Sunday's incredibly lucky and completely random win?  It's OK.  You can admit it.  Be honest with yourselves.  After all, we already know exactly who you are...........

The sad thing is I didn't.  When they lost 10 in a row and won those 7 or 8, I did not get excited then either,  Once you lose 10 in a row it is tough to come back.  Sort of like a batting average, you can pad it at the beginning of the season and cruise after the all star break.  But if you start out slow, it is tough to get it over .300.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Just when I was in the front seat of Lackey's band wagon, he pulls this crap. Oh well, now this team is worse than I thought.

Bad starts happen to all pitchers.  For a #2 pitcher, I think getting a 3:1 ratio good to bad is quite acceptable (for a #1 guy that should be higher, maybe 4:1 or even 5:1).  Not sure what Lackey's ratio is this year, but it has to be in the 3:1 range.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Bad starts happen to all pitchers.  For a #2 pitcher, I think getting a 3:1 ratio good to bad is quite acceptable (for a #1 guy that should be higher, maybe 4:1 or even 5:1).  Not sure what Lackey's ratio is this year, but it has to be in the 3:1 range.

Okay, looked up his season stats.  Looks like he is right at 3:1 good to bad starts.

In 16 starts, he's given up 5 runs or more 4 times.  He's given up 3 runs 3 times, 2 runs 4 times, 1 run twice and no runs 3 times while averaging just about 6 2/3 innings per start.

So no need to jump off the bandwagon yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Come now, now many of you guys thought they were going to "Build" on Sunday's incredibly lucky and completely random win?  It's OK.  You can admit it.  Be honest with yourselves.  After all, we already know exactly who you are...........

The sad thing is I didn't.  When they lost 10 in a row and won those 7 or 8, I did not get excited then either,  Once you lose 10 in a row it is tough to come back.  Sort of like a batting average, you can pad it at the beginning of the season and cruise after the all star break.  But if you start out slow, it is tough to get it over .300.

Which is why, unlike Lester would have you believe, games in April matter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Which is why, unlike Lester would have you believe, games in April matter.

It's not just Lester who says that. There are loads of posters in this forum who were saying the same thing.

To me...every game matters when you are in the hunt.

Sections
Shortcuts