Re: Gamethread Monday Cubs @ Boston

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what homer started this game thread?

[/QUOTE]

Slasher and Peter Abraham asked me to reconsider

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Cubbies are waiting to be beaten up. This is our big opportunity to make a move.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would feel better if Bradley were in CF/Drew on bench/Xander at SS

[/QUOTE]

So would I, but based on Farrells remarks the other day, there'll be a rotation aspect for awhile. Drew probably out tomorrow, etc. I think they want to see Betts in a lot of positions; probably LF when they face another lefty. I can't agree with Xander back at short, however; my guess is he'll wind up in LF one of these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only if Betts could hit for Bradley at every PA

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holt (3b), X Man (SS), Pedey, Naps, AJP, Gomes, Betts (CF), Nava (RF), Ortiz

best team to score runs...and JBJ's bat has become unbearable...where are all the people who told me they were better at scouting his swing than me?  i'd like a word please.................

[/QUOTE]

When a fly ball goes over Betts' head, talk to me then. Farkell is an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think its going to affect our playoff odds much-and Betts needs experience in CF. He will make mistakes, but hopefully he will make the same mistake only once. Bradley cannot hit the baseball; hence, he needs to sit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW, I decided to come out of game thread retirement, due to it wasn't sitting well with me. I was taught if I started something, I had to see it through to the end. Anyone else is welcome to jump in and start one, anytime

[/QUOTE]

Glad you're back j-bay.  This place just wasn't the same without your game day threads!  I think this is a very frustrating season for all of us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only if Betts could hit for Bradley at every PA

[/QUOTE]

Mookie gave us that feeling last night that he is going to keep on hitting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

best team to score runs...and JBJ's bat has become unbearable...where are all the people who told me they were better at scouting his swing than me?  i'd like a word please.................

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think its going to affect our playoff odds much-and Betts needs experience in CF. He will make mistakes, but hopefully he will make the same mistake only once. Bradley cannot hit the baseball; hence, he needs to sit.

[/QUOTE]

He sure does need experience so I hope he's a fast learner.  Overall he did a pretty good job considering it was a sox/ yank game in enemy territory.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that but everyone knows I like JBJ and I did not want to sound like a downer debbie.  jf has already said that JBJ will be playing center tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree....! This constant moving around of position players is giving me motion sickness!

[/QUOTE]

I long for the good old days when the line-up was constant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Peavey has a two hitter going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And a shutout

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree....! This constant moving around of position players is giving me motion sickness!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I long for the days of Troy O'Leary.  Imagine that - an OF'er who can hit Homers..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much better, but is not yhe problem tonight...you guess it, the great Peavy... If he pitches five innings get him out in a hurry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Peavy has not won a game in over two months. Just awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I long for the days of Troy O'Leary.  Imagine that - an OF'er who can hit Homers..........

[/QUOTE]

Actually Drew, the SOX won last year w/o home run hitting OF's. What the SOX need this year is just an OF that can hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just saw it, JbJ would have made that play

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make note in log book, your prediction came thru during the top of the second inning.  JBJ would have had that one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Make note in log book, your prediction came thru during the top of the second inning.  JBJ would have had that one.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this game isn't televised where I live. I'll just be checking the box score and reading this thread. I'm watching LAW AND ORDER SVU on Netflix. Love that show.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Players who cannot hit the baseball on a team that cannot score runs need to be replaced if at all possible. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Oh, I forgot to mention that whether or not a ball goes over Betts' head, Farkell is still an idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Players who cannot hit the baseball on a team that cannot score runs need to be replaced if at all possible. 

[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, than half the SOX team needs to be replaced.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Bogie:  Sorry to hear you cannot see the game.  If you do twitter: @timbritton tweets the whole game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I thnk a .500 record wins the ALE. That would be 81 games, but to be sure, the SOX should shoot for 83.