Gamethread Red Sox vs Yankees 1:05

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Gamethread Red Sox vs Yankees 1:05

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Doubie's pitching tomorrow night. What? Nope, that's all I got to say on the subject.

[/QUOTE]

Doubie has a chance to pitch well tomorrow, let's hope.

[/QUOTE]

Felix has been shaky, but I think a lefty matches up better against the Yankees lineup. We should score some off of Nova. We have a good shot tomorrow night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

gotta dodge Papi and Naps here..

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Jete, now you're being over condescending.

[/QUOTE] how...a baserunner means they both get to the plate

[/QUOTE]

That's where the condescending comes in.

[/QUOTE] well, i wasn't trying to offend you..

[/QUOTE]

No, I was just kidding. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, Doubie's pitching tomorrow night. What? Nope, that's all I got to say on the subject.

[/QUOTE]

Doubie has a chance to pitch well tomorrow, let's hope.

[/QUOTE]

Felix has been shaky, but I think a lefty matches up better against the Yankees lineup. We should score some off of Nova. We have a good shot tomorrow night.

[/QUOTE]

Every team slumps sometime during the season. It's just magnified when it happens at the beginning of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

Badhop is great in the bullpen. It's only when he leaves the bullpen that the SOX are in trouble.

[/QUOTE]

the guy is awful!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How long before Badenhop is DFA'd ?

[/QUOTE]

i wanted to keep cordero before this badencrap guy...i never seen him pitch one good game...never.

[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. They released Cordero, who had an excellent spring, and they kept this clown. Shame on you, SOX FO.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody has picked up Cordero. Hmmm ... I wonder why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i wanted to keep cordero before this badencrap guy...i never seen him pitch one good game...never.

[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. They released Cordero, who had an excellent spring, and they kept this clown. Shame on you, SOX FO.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, the only way Codero could be worse than Badhop is if his pitching arm had been amputated after he was released by the SOX.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, the only way Codero could be worse than Badhop is if his pitching arm had been amputated after he was released by the SOX.

[/QUOTE]

My comment wasn't a defense of Bradenhop. It was just to point out that Cordero probably wasn't much of an option. You know that other teams must have scouted him, and if no one picked him up, the Sox probably made the right decision.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

When Carp and Nava are both batting in the 1-5 spots you know you are in trouble.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Badenhop is only good vs Righties; also MLB claims Farrell's appeal shoud have resulted in the play being overturned.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/mlb-says-call-should-have-been-overturned?ymd=20140412&content_id=71835044&vkey=news_mlb

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Carp's caught stealing at 2nd; was that brought up in the post game? Did Carp go on his own or did Farrell call it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Carp's caught stealing at 2nd; was that brought up in the post game? Did Carp go on his own or did Farrell call it?

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind that play-getting the tying run in scoring position was a good idea, especially since there was the element of surprise. If the pitch were in the dirt or anything but high we had a chance to accomplish that. I think its good aggressive baseball for a team not scoring a lot of runs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell called it. He said it was a risk, but being down by two in the 7th, he wanted to take it to try to get Carp in scoring position, for the tie. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell called it. He said it was a risk, but being down by two in the 7th, he want to take it to try to get Carp in scoring position, for the tie. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that what I figured.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell called it. He said it was a risk, but being down by two in the 7th, he want to take it to try to get Carp in scoring position, for the tie. 

[/QUOTE]

I can see his point and if it had worked it may have ignited the team.  On the other hand with two down the risk of killing a rally was too much of a risk I think.

However if the called steal worked and runs were scored I probably would be singing his praises!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Farrell called it. He said it was a risk, but being down by two in the 7th, he wanted to take it to try to get Carp in scoring position, for the tie. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell was very agressive with base running, at Toronto. I think he's trying to light a spark to get the team going. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell was very agressive with base running, at Toronto. I think he's trying to light a spark to get the team going. 

[/QUOTE] i initially though he would try to stop, because on replay, his jump looked terrible..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No problem with being aggressive. Carp might not be the guy to do it with. He has a total of two stolen bases in his career.