Gamethread Saturday Matinee 1:35 M's @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Gamethread Saturday Matinee 1:35 M's @ Boston

In response to makonikyman's comment:

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Another thought just passed through my head. It's been mentioned that Castillo signing with the SOX was influenced by CES playing here. I'm guessing that CES winning 2 HR Derbies in a row has made him a bigger hero in Cuba than what he does during the regular season. Just my opinion.

Keep it to yourself next time will ya? When you give opinions here it confirms to all of us that you're a moron

Hey, it's the crazy person. Still off the meds?

HaHaHa......listen to this joker. He lives on a message board 24/7 acting like the 2nd coming of James Cagney and he's calling someone else a crazy person. You should take a look in the mirror at that fat face of yours every once in awhile....HaHaHa...

Good For You.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:

Another thought just passed through my head. It's been mentioned that Castillo signing with the SOX was influenced by CES playing here. I'm guessing that CES winning 2 HR Derbies in a row has made him a bigger hero in Cuba than what he does during the regular season. Just my opinion.

Keep it to yourself next time will ya? When you give opinions here it confirms to all of us that you're a moron

HaHaHa......listen to this joker. He lives on a message board 24/7 acting like the 2nd coming of James Cagney and he's calling someone else a crazy person. You should take a look in the mirror at that fat face of yours every once in awhile....HaHaHa...

A lot of anger today.  Sure the Sox are going to lose another but look on the bright side.......whatever that may be....

I don't think Monkeyman likes to be called a crazy person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Oh-and most people do not interpret "GFY" as "good for you". I didn't. I doubt most would.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Well, excuse my ignorance, I interpreted GFY as meaning 'good for you'.  I don't have the foggiest idea what else it might mean.  Of course, I don't use abbreviations for words when posting or texting etc., so maybe that explains something.

I will PM it to you. Its a common abbreviation and it doesn't mean "good for you"

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Naps K's. Some things never change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

It appears that ML baseball talent, which is on the decline, has been replaced by really well-groomed beards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Maybe B Workman is a National League pitcher...  Sure isn't an American League one..

Always Right.....at least in my mind

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

On the bright side, the Red Sox have held the Mariners scoreless in 16 of the 18 innings so far in the three-game weekend series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

On the bright side, the Red Sox have held the Mariners scoreless in 16 of the 18 innings so far in the three-game weekend series.

Yeah, someone else mentioned that. The SOX starting pitching is unfairly maligned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yup...I agreed with you, but I was quasi joking and hope you are are too, after 13 innings as you read below:

Would I be considered dusting off my old edition of Dale Carnegie and the Power of Positive thinking calling your attention to the fact that we held them scoreless for 8 innings yesterday and today 5 out of 6 innings...I mean that's 13 innings scoreless and only 2 innings they scored.

PLEASE DON'T LAY INTO ME GUYS, I'M AM ONLY TRYING TO INJECT SOME HUMOR INTO MY DEPRESSED STATE !!!

Actually, these days I watch the Yankees' score before the Sox as my wounds are mended a bit if they lose and also don't make the playoffs !!!

I do have a bit of excitement rooting for my local A's & Giant teams !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Yup...I agreed with you, but I was quasi joking and hope you are are too, after 13 innings as you read below:

Would I be considered dusting off my old edition of Dale Carnegie and the Power of Positive thinking calling your attention to the fact that we held them scoreless for 8 innings yesterday and today 5 out of 6 innings...I mean that's 13 innings scoreless and only 2 innings they scored.

PLEASE DON'T LAY INTO ME GUYS, I'M AM ONLY TRYING TO INJECT SOME HUMOR INTO MY DEPRESSED STATE !!!

Actually, these days I watch the Yankees' score before the Sox as my wounds are mended a bit if they lose and also don't make the playoffs !!!

I do have a bit of excitement rooting for my local A's & Giant teams !!!

Sorry, SF, I missed your earlier post.

I had hoped to squeeze in a Giants or A's game when I drop my daughter off to college in a few weeks, but my schedule won't quite permit it. If the season ended today, the Mariners and Athletics would meet in the one-game Wild Card play-in contest.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Good For You.

BOAGI,, me thinks that you just got SPANKED  !!!  Enjoy !!

Almost time for bed isn't it? If you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Count the number of friends you have on this board. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

This team has got to be worse than when Valentine was a Manager, feels that way. We'll get a good Draft Pick. Just lost 7 in a row. That stinks. 175 million dollar payroll, whew Ben not good. Probably a little less, now. This tells me Farrell is questionable. I cant remember a Manager going from one extreme to another, with basically the same team.
    Bad evaluations, Middlebrooks, JBJ, maybe Bogaerts, (he's young),  injuries is not an excuse.
    Lot of work to be done going into next season. First move get Bill James out, and get baseball people in the operations.
    Probably why we go from one extreme to another. Baseball people never have ups and downs like this. They know the game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Off topic:

Last night I was searching on NETFLIX for something to watch when I came across THE WONDER YEARS. It originally appeared on TV in 1988 and because I was seldom home at night, I never watched it. I binged on 8 episodes last night and I'm officially hooked. It takes place in the late 60's and it sure brought back some memories.

Great writing, great acting and just one of the greatest TV shows ever. I was a big fan of the too short series FREAKS AND GEEKS; this WONDER YEARS series is just as good.

If you're an old f--t like me and have NETFLIX and haven't seen this show, please check it out. You'll thank me in the morning. Hell, even if you did see it when it was actually on, it's worth seeing again. TWO THUMBS UP!

Wonder Years = Great show!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

me and my son drove up to this game from Jersey Saturday morning.  had seats in section 163 right next to Cespedes.  dude is a beast.  we need to keep him.  threw a laser to homeplate to nail the runner by 4 steps.

we moved behind homeplate for the 8th and 9th (fenway is the best...they dont even let you get to those seats at other stadiums) and when we got home after the 5 hour drive we saw ourselves on tv.

other names i have posted under:  none

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

me and my son drove up to this game from Jersey Saturday morning.  had seats in section 163 right next to Cespedes.  dude is a beast.  we need to keep him.  threw a laser to homeplate to nail the runner by 4 steps.

we moved behind homeplate for the 8th and 9th (fenway is the best...they dont even let you get to those seats at other stadiums) and when we got home after the 5 hour drive we saw ourselves on tv.

other names i have posted under:  none

That is, as we say, "wicked  cool".    I don't think I've even seen anyone whom I know on tv at a game, let alone myself!  

Even during a loss, FENWAY ROCKS! 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts