Gamethread Saturday Red Sox @ Angels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Saturday Red Sox @ Angels

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Cespedes LF, Napoli 1B, Nava RF, Bogaerts SS, Middlebrooks 3B, Vazquez C, Buchholz RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Saturday Red Sox @ Angels

Pitching: RHP Garrett Richards (12-4, 2.58).

Game time: 9:05 p.m. (ET)

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

Red Sox vs. Richards: Cespedes 5-16, Johnson 3-6, Napoli 4-5, Pedroia 0-2, Nava 1-2, Ortiz 0-2, Holt 0-1

Angels vs. Buchholz: Aybar 3-27, Kendrick 7-21, Hamilton 2-18, Trout 3-9, McDonald 1-9, Pujols 4-8, Iannetta 3-5, Conger 2-3, Freese 0-2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Stat of the Day: Mike Napoli has hit .350/.458/.736 in 40 career games against the Angels since Los Angeles traded him before the 2011 season. He has 14 home runs, 25 walks and 27 RBIs in those games. In 21 games at Angel Stadium against the Angels, Napoli has hit .377/.478/.857 with 11 homers and 16 RBIs.

Notes: The Red Sox are 2-2 on a road trip that has four games remaining. … The Sox are 19-12 against the Angels since the start of the 2010 season, 9-5 at Angel Stadium. … Buchholz pitched poorly in his last three starts, allowing 18 earned runs on 21 hits and 13 walks over 16 innings. He is 6-3, 4.62 in 10 career starts against the Angels. … Richards is starting against the Red Sox for the first time. In four career relief appearances, he has allowed five runs on 10 hits over 5.1 innings. … Dustin Pedroia is hitting .373/.407/.490 in his last 13 games. That has raised his batting average from .269 to .280. … Yoenis Cespedes has reached base safely in all six games he has played for the Red Sox. … Jackie Bradley Jr. has 16 defensive runs saved, the most among MLB center fielders. He is hitless in his last 27 at-bats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Mike Napoli in 21 games at Anaheim since being traded by the #Angels: .377/.478/.857 with 11 HRs, 16 RBIs. #redsox

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Pedroia .373 with an .897 OPS last 13 games. 8th in fWAR at this position but moving up. Bet he lands in top 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Cespedes LF, Napoli 1B, Nava RF, Bogaerts SS, Middlebrooks 3B, Vazquez C, Buchholz RHP

Is this the same lineup as yesterday? Good, I'm heading to the stadium in about 45.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Seeing as how the season's over, it's the genius of manager Farrell to continue to start Nava. Farkell wants to see what Nava brings to the team going into next year. A truly inspiring manager.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Check Nava's splits from June on, and I would play him too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Yeah, Nava's been a run producing machine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Yeah, Nava's been a run producing machine.

Yeah, Bradley too.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Nava's another guy that I think uses too big of a bat. like John Valentin used to.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

well that was Vazquez' first ugly play that i've seen. awkward, but obviously the pitch only went about 40 feet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Holt's limitations as a center fielder on display here in the first. i like the kid but center field exposes him. course it's as good a time as ever to give him a look out there.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Holt's limitations as a center fielder on display here in the first. i like the kid but center field exposes him. course it's as good a time as ever to give him a look out there.

I wouldn't call that a limitation. I don't think an average fielder would have caught it.  JBJ would have, unfortunately he's in a hitting funk....let's hope it's not permanent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

LAST CALL, LAST CALL, LAST CALL FOR "STRANGE DAY TO DAY CLAY"........   This could be it for the Texas wonder tonight !!!

Up late tonight, Billy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I see this Richards has an OBA of .193. Is this the night this weak line-up finally gets no-hit? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I see Ortiz broke up the perfect game. Note to Richards: your best chance at a no hitter is to continue to walk Ortiz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey!   It's groundhog day again......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If Bradley is going to sit this long then you might as well send him down with Mookie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

The dynamic duo of holt and nava are a combined 0-5 with 2k’s (holt) with a GIDP (nava). But hey, lets keep starting these 2 over bradley and betts. Apparrently farrell is the only persons who has not clued into the fact that holts early season stats were a fluke and that the league has figured him out and he has not been able to adjust. All his hits are singles (only 3 extra base hits in 20 games since the all-star break, 0 home runs) when he actually does get a hit. I feel bad for buchholz having those 2 in the outfield at the same time, both have weak arms and limited range.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    The many #RedSox fans at the Big A are quiet no more.

Sections
Shortcuts