Gamethread Sunday 1:35 Orioles @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday 1:35 Orioles @ Boston

Farrell will do nothing I'm afraid.  If he's not going to pull him, he should sit him down for three or four games , put Holt at third and get Betts back on the field. At least  Drew swung at the third strike this time . Yesterday was probably aberration. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Runners on second and third one out and this team cannot score one run. This team could not score in a house of ill repute with a fistful of 50 dollar bills. Pathetic ! What a job by the FO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Here is a quote from Cherries dated May 26. Wonder what year he is referring to: 

"We know we still have the core of a winning team here and we're going to win," Cherington said.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Here is a quote from Cherries dated May 26. Wonder what year he is referring to: 

"We know we still have the core of a winning team here and we're going to win," Cherington said.

What else would Cherrington say, " this team is done and it's my fault", or does he defer to Luchinno and say it was all him and all I do is get Larry's coffee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Farrell will do nothing I'm afraid.  If he's not going to pull him, he should sit him down for three or four games , put Holt at third and get Betts back on the field. At least  Drew swung at the third strike this time . Yesterday was probably aberration. 

Baeggerts  has shattered confidence and it's showing in every asset of his game now. He needs to go back down to Pawtucket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

What else would Cherrington say, " this team is done and it's my fault", or does he defer to Luchinno and say it was all him and all I do is get Larry's coffee.

A public apology would be nice...and a little honesty. How about something like: 'I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for the product we have put on the field this year. Its not the kind of team you as fans have come to expect. I have failed this year but I promise to work my butt off this offseason to try to improve the team enough to make the playoffs in 2015 and if I fail I promise to hand in my resignation".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Bogaerts should be on the bench right now. This is a mistake. Farrell should not allow him to play with his head up his butt.

Problem is the FO will look like idiots for designating him the starting shortstop in 2014 and have him fail like he is doing. If they send him down they look bad and they fail in the sense of what they sold to the fans, that he was major league ready. Clearly he is not as well as Jackie Bradley Jr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Nice at bat by JBJ. He seems to be getting better at bats lately.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

A public apology would be nice...and a little honesty. How about something like: 'I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for the product we have put on the field this year. Its not the kind of team you as fans have come to expect. I have failed this year but I promise to work my butt off this offseason to try to improve the team enough to make the playoffs in 2015 and if I fail I promise to hand in my resignation".

That is nice but will never happen with this FO. Unfortunately they did not give the fans any break on watching this inferior team this year. As Baeggerts grounds back to the pitcher for a DP. I feel sorry for the pitching staff this year. These guys have to pitch a no hitter almost every time out to attempt to win. By end of July this team will be 10 games out and having a fire sale to dump salary and save Henry money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bogaerts should be on the bench right now. This is a mistake. Farrell should not allow him to play with his head up his butt.

Problem is the FO will look like idiots for designating him the starting shortstop in 2014 and have him fail like he is doing. If they send him down they look bad and they fail in the sense of what they sold to the fans, that he was major league ready. Clearly he is not as well as Jackie Bradley Jr.

I didn't say send him down; thats pointless. I said SIT him down, in the middle of the game, as a disciplinary move for his nonchalant throwing error that cost the team a run. As it now stands the message he is getting is that its fine to play like that. I doubt Maddon would tolerate it; my guess is he would bench him, as Farrell should.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Boggy looks lost at the plate. Give him a few days off to get some loving from his woman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I didn't say send him down; thats pointless. I said SIT him down, in the middle of the game, as a disciplinary move for his nonchalant throwing error that cost the team a run. As it now stands the message he is getting is that its fine to play like that. I doubt Maddon would tolerate it; my guess is he would bench him, as Farrell should.

The guy is a mess right now and looks horrid in every facet of his game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

1 for 30 and 3 for 55 for Bogie and when he does make contact a DP

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The guy is a mess right now and looks horrid in every facet of his game.

I can handle the fact that he is slumping, but not his nonchalant BS throw to first base that he airmailed into the dugout. That shows a lack of focus, and for that, he should be sitting RIGHT NOW. Thats the way you teach 21 year old rookies how to behave.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

I think he is 6 for his last 90? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Ingenious to start the year with two rookies in the lineup who are both struggling. I remember the bickering going back with Cashman and Luchinno and how Luchinno's way was the correct way. Luchinno was patting himself on the back and putting himself in for the Medal of Honor. Now Luchinno is probably pointing that it's Cherrington's fault.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ingenious to start the year with two rookies in the lineup who are both struggling. I remember the bickering going back with Cashman and Luchinno and how Luchinno's way was the correct way. 

They also started with Middlebrooks, who turned out to be a bum. I am not giving up on XBO just yet, but Middlebrooks and Bradley will never hit the baseball well enough to start in the major leagues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He may be so psyched out that he has quit, and wants out of the situation or lineup in this case because this has never happened to him before, and he doesn't know how to deal with it.  Needs a hitting coach and counseling  .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Inning too far

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Ingenious to start the year with two rookies in the lineup who are both struggling. I remember the bickering going back with Cashman and Luchinno and how Luchinno's way was the correct way. 

They also started with Middlebrooks, who turned out to be a bum. I am not giving up on XBO just yet, but Middlebrooks and Bradley will never hit the baseball well enough to start in the major leagues.

Your right I forgot about him as well. He hits mistakes and strikes out a ton. He is another example of an overhyped Red Sox rookie like Lavarnway was as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Peavy will walk in a run here

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

I guess Farrell has thrown in the towel too. Why else would he keep Peavy in after 90 pitches.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

That is nice but will never happen with this FO. Unfortunately they did not give the fans any break on watching this inferior team this year. As Baeggerts grounds back to the pitcher for a DP. I feel sorry for the pitching staff this year. These guys have to pitch a no hitter almost every time out to attempt to win. By end of July this team will be 10 games out and having a fire sale to dump salary and save Henry money.

10 games out? You're being generous.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Peavy did his job today. One ER in six innings. Of course, one run is enough when you have the worst offense in the AL "supporting" you. This game is over.

Sections
Shortcuts