Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

Watch at your own risk

#redsox: Holt 3B, Bogaerts SS, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Carp 1B, Nava RF, Pierzynski C, Sizemore LF, Bradley CF and Workman RHP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watch at your own risk

#redsox: Holt 3B, Bogaerts SS, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Carp 1B, Nava RF, Pierzynski C, Sizemore LF, Bradley CF and Workman RHP.

[/QUOTE]

glad to see you realize how risky it is to watch them this year.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Need a sense of humor, Andrew. It's not that serious. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Need a sense of humor, Andrew. It's not that serious. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.  One does need a sense of humor to watch these clowns play baseball. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I don't post much here but it is incredible how this team can be torn apart by posters after they won the WS last year and theyre only still In may. As fluke as their ws was last year They still won

2013 was a team

2014 is a not a team

it's all about playing clean ball and knowing how to win games.  how they allowed Price to pitch 8 innings, how Peavy let them right back in the game, and how they lost the game on errors - i mean - if they only mess up 2 of those 3 things they still win.  i do not expect to win 95 games or the WS every year but i do expect good clean ball every game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I watched a very good game last night - SF - 2, MN, 1....Giants are going back to the WS.  Now that's a team!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well..today's game will be the background music to a cookout...so whatever happens..the beer and wine should be enough to get us all through. We can either toast in celebration or sorrow. :-)

In any event...I like the lineup...glad to see they are giving Workman another shot in the rotation.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    NESN will have @SteveLyons12 on the 3RedSox broadcast today and he will be with @DonOrsillo for the two games in Atlanta.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't post much here but it is incredible how this team can be torn apart by posters after they won the WS last year and theyre only still In may. As fluke as their ws was last year They still won

[/QUOTE]

Its called "passion" Marco. Everyone here appreciates last year's season, but it IS last year's season. Most posters here are spoiled and will not settle for mediocrity-or worse.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Not sure how to respond to this other than.....WOW

‏@PeteAbe
    Theo Epstein hired Manny Ramirez to mentor young hitters. He’ll be a player/coach at AAA. Guess anything really is possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    For what it’s worth, David Ortiz said the other day that Manny Ramirez has completed changed his life and is a different person now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Workman gets the ball as the Red Sox face the Rays in series finale at 1:40 ET on NESN, WEEI, MLB Network and MLBTV. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched a very good game last night - SF - 2, MN, 1....Giants are going back to the WS.  Now that's a team!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. With our present free fall I am still a loyal fan but it mends my wounds a bit to also like the SF Giants & A’s. AT&T Park is my 2nd favorite after Fenway and when the Sox play out here at least 25% of fans are wearing “Bees” on their caps, Boston Strong T-Shirts etc. as they are expats or New Englanders who come out for a vacation too. Last year we even got up and sang “ Sweet Caroline” and Giants fans joined in and then applauded. There is no great hate for our Boston team as there is for the Dodgers, Angels etc. And SF is a nice quaint walking around town like Boston with a Bay, hills , seafood etc. The A’s have some Sox alumni Crisp, Punto, Moss, Reddick & Lowrie. Wouldn’t I like to have Lowrie at SS and Crisp at Center for us now…California Dreaming !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. With our present free fall I am still a loyal fan but it mends my wounds a bit to also like the SF Giants & A’s. AT&T Park is my 2nd favorite after Fenway and when the Sox play out here at least 25% of fans are wearing “Bees” on their caps, Boston Strong T-Shirts etc. as they are expats or New Englanders who come out for a vacation too. Last year we even got up and sang “ Sweet Caroline” and Giants fans joined in and then applauded. There is no great hate for our Boston team as there is for the Dodgers, Angels etc. And SF is a nice quaint walking around town like Boston with a Bay, hills , seafood etc. The A’s have some Sox alumni Crisp, Punto, Moss, Reddick & Lowrie. Wouldn’t I like to have Lowrie at SS and Crisp at Center for us now…California Dreaming !!!

[/QUOTE]

My family has roots as NY Giant Fans so it's one of my teams.  Especially lately.  Maybe the best franchise in baseball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just to add insult to injury, I'm stuck with the Rays feed on my Extra Innings today. No choice of NESN. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Just to add insult to injury, I'm stuck with the Rays feed on my Extra Innings today. No choice of NESN. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I had to grin and bare it, last fall when I was in Florida for 10 days, gale. Painful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WEAK!   UNFORGIVABLE!   I've lived in Oregon for 30 years, and I would never split my undying allegiance to the Sox with our Oregon mlb team!

TRADER!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Anybody taken a look at Papi's spray chart for the year.  ZERO power to the opposite field!   

Yikes!  Mlb teams would be crazy not to put the shift on for every AB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I had to grin and bare it, last fall when I was in Florida for 10 days, gale. Painful.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].    I see a lot of teams on my Extra Innings. I think the Rays announcers are the worst in the business. Hands down.