Re: Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

In response to vcec's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rays still poking the bear....Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m
    #Rays mock #RedSox by playing Sweet Caroline for a few seconds as game 

[/QUOTE]
    you probably don't realize that song has been sung down there for about 10 years.

[/QUOTE]

Pete abe would and he mentioned it, so.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maddon saying game 1 of the ALDS ellsbury stole second in the 8 th up 8-2 win. Joe u can't compare a playoff game to a game in October.. Source NESN pre game with Tom Carron and Jim Rice.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the steal was the issue, stink. It was Escabar, who is not well like in the league, mouthed off pointing in the dugout after the steal, rubbing it in their face. 

[/QUOTE]. Gomes said he challenged the bench.. Pumping his fist. I wish Johnny sucker punched him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maddon saying game 1 of the ALDS ellsbury stole second in the 8 th up 8-2 win. Joe u can't compare a playoff game to a game in October.. Source NESN pre game with Tom Carron and Jim Rice.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the steal was the issue, stink. It was Escabar, who is not well like in the league, mouthed off pointing in the dugout after the steal, rubbing it in their face. 

[/QUOTE]. Gomes said he challenged the bench.. Pumping his fist. I wish Johnny sucker punched him. 

[/QUOTE]

Not over yet. They meet again this weekend, at Fenway

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not over yet. They meet again this weekend, at Fenway

[/QUOTE]

I know I am going Sunday. I go every Sunday until August except against yanks and Indians I go Saturday. I won't nag everyone with my posts. Lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually it was Ross who had much to say. Escobar shouldn't have left the base but there's enough blame in the dug out that should stop the finger pointing at the runner. WHO btw, was doing his job. isn't the point of the game to score?????? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was Ross who had too much to say. Escobar was stupid for taking the bait. Gomes was just looking for reason to get the team fired up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was Ross who had too much to say. Escobar was stupid for taking the bait. Gomes was just looking for reason to get the team fired up. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him vcec . Gomes has a spot on this team I don't care if he's 0  4 100. He has a role. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually it was Ross who had much to say. Escobar shouldn't have left the base but there's enough blame in the dug out that should stop the finger pointing at the runner. WHO btw, was doing his job. isn't the point of the game to score?????? 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, no it wasn't. Ross was just standing there saying nothing, then said to Escabar, was was mouthing off, you better not be talking to me, challenging the bench. You're blaming the players in the dugout, for responding to a player celebrating a stolen base, pointing his finger and  rubbing their noses in it??!! I dont think so!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him vcec . Gomes has a spot on this team I don't care if he's 0  4 100. He has a role. 

[/QUOTE]

Gomes was in LF, vcec, not the dugout. Gomes was standing up to Escabar, for the team. Did you notice Gomes going after Escabar, who did nothing but back up? So Escabar stealing third, pointing in the dugout, attacking and challenging the bench, was Gomes fault??!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I guess this is a nice way of saying he's crazy

‏@PeteAbe
    John Farrell being diplomatic: "Yunel (Escobar) is going to do some things that might be a little unpredictable.”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

What a group of losers bums...either they have no talent or they are not applying that talent. I think its the former more than the latter, with a bunch of mental mistakes thrown in. Last year they overachieved. This year they took the year off. Fine. They get a pass this year to an extent except for the derisive insults, every one of which they deserve. Ortiz said it best: "WE STINK". Just wish I lived closer to Boston so I could buy a ticket just to boo them. Worst team in baseball.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are making too much out of the whole thing. The only good that it can do is if it motivates these guys to wake up.  This losing has got to stop. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    One thing for certain, there’s certainly more of a #RedSox-#Rays rivalry these days than with the #Yankees in terms of the players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Gomes: "I don’t have much patience nor do I have much time right now to be in an arguing match.” #redsox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Gomes: "You take you helmet off and basically challenge our whole dugout. I have a problem with that.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gomes: "What really has to be said? I figured a hands-on approach was a little more appropriate.” #redsox #rays

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Longoria: “That’s why Jonny is great to have in your corner. He’s a spark plug. I’m just glad nobody got hurt. He's a really good teammate."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell keeps is  classy and Maddon rips the Sox, instead of addressing the real issue. He really is a jerk 

‏@PeteAbe
    MT @TBTimes_Rays: Maddon says #RedSox wrong objecting to a steal with 5-run lead. Says they should recall when Ellsbury stole in ALDS game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Farrell keeps is  classy and Maddon rips the Sox, instead of addressing the real issue. He really is a jerk 

‏@PeteAbe
    MT @TBTimes_Rays: Maddon says #RedSox wrong objecting to a steal with 5-run lead. Says they should recall when Ellsbury stole in ALDS game

[/QUOTE]

Does the delicate genius understand that a playoff game is a little different?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A game in may I mean. Game one was a 12-2 win joe maddon was peeved.

[/QUOTE]

score was 8 to 2 at the time

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maddon saying what the Red Sox did last year against them, was far worse, when Ellsbury stole second with the lead in the 8th, in the ALCS.  Red Sox should go back and review the tapes. Of course, no mention of Escabar mouthing off to the dugout, after the steal. He alluded to Escabar being not well liked in the league and personal feeling need to left out of it. 

[/QUOTE]

He's trying to defend his player. We all can go back into the archives and pull out something we didn't like.it wasn't right he was already in scoring position. Ellsbury was not.

[/QUOTE]

another good point

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobar off. I'm no fan of Escobar, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobar? Let's start playing like champions . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobor off. I'm no fan of Escobor, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobor? Let's start playing like champions. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for Escobar, either 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Obviously something was said from the Sox dugout? Not from what has been reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none. Who said anything about Gomes can take Escabar? The point is, YE started it, Gomes took issue with it, stood up for his team, and Escabar while mouthing off, did nothing but back up from the scrum.  Shows Escabar's lack of character, to say the least. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobar off. I'm no fan of Escobar, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobar? Let's start playing like champions . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously something was said for the Sox dugout? Not from what was reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   I do think that something must have been said from the dugout to set him off. I am not defending Escobar. I think he is a jerk. Just trying to understand how this incident happened. Bottom line: Sox need to shape up. They should be embarrassed and frustrated. It can't be overshadowed by trivial issues. Let's start playing like champions.  Today . 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Obviously something was said for the Sox dugout? Not from what was reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   I do think that something must have been said from the dugout to set him off. I am not defending Escobar. I think he is a jerk. Just trying to understand how this incident happened. Bottom line: Sox need to shape up. They should be embarrassed and frustrated. It can't be overshadowed by trivial issues. Let's start playing like champions.  Today . 

[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, as soon as he stole 3rd, he got up pointed to the dugout and started jawing, and the dugout was silent, stunned. Nothing needs to set him off. He's had a history of bad behavior. He was also the player who wrote a racial slur in the eye black. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for him, either. One issue has nothing to do with other gale. The Rays weren't playing any better coming into the series, and acted like the classless organization I believe they are. Instead of Madden trying to smooth over the situation, he just added fuel to the fire. Great example to his players. Dont take responsibility, just deflect and blame the other team for something that happened 8 months ago. 

The effort is there, the production isn't. As long as that's the case, they have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, in by book