In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobar off. I'm no fan of Escobar, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobar? Let's start playing like champions . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously something was said for the Sox dugout? Not from what was reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   I do think that something must have been said from the dugout to set him off. I am not defending Escobar. I think he is a jerk. Just trying to understand how this incident happened. Bottom line: Sox need to shape up. They should be embarrassed and frustrated. It can't be overshadowed by trivial issues. Let's start playing like champions.  Today . 

[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, as soon as he stole 3rd, he got up pointed to the dugout and started jawing, and the dugout was silent, stunned. Nothing needs to set him off. He's had a history of bad behavior. He was also the player who wrote a racial slur in the eye black. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for him, either. One issue has nothing to do with other gale. The Rays weren't playing any better coming into the series, and acted like the classless organization I believe they are. Instead of Madden trying to smooth over the situation, he just added fuel to the fire. Great example to his players. Dont take responsibility, just deflect and blame the other team for something that happened 8 months ago. 

The effort is there, the production isn't. As long as that's the case, they have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, in by book 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].    Bottom line: Winning is the answer. We need to start. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

[QUOTE]

I guess this is a nice way of saying he's crazy

‏@PeteAbe
    John Farrell being diplomatic: "Yunel (Escobar) is going to do some things that might be a little unpredictable.”

[/QUOTE]

I wish manager Farrell would do something unpredictable once in a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a group of losers bums...either they have no talent or they are not applying that talent. I think its the former more than the latter, with a bunch of mental mistakes thrown in. Last year they overachieved. This year they took the year off. Fine. They get a pass this year to an extent except for the derisive insults, every one of which they deserve. Ortiz said it best: "WE STINK". Just wish I lived closer to Boston so I could buy a ticket just to boo them. Worst team in baseball.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

When you're right, you're right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vcec's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maddon saying game 1 of the ALDS ellsbury stole second in the 8 th up 8-2 win. Joe u can't compare a playoff game to a game in October.. Source NESN pre game with Tom Carron and Jim Rice.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the steal was the issue, stink. It was Escabar, who is not well like in the league, mouthed off pointing in the dugout after the steal, rubbing it in their face. 

[/QUOTE]. Gomes said he challenged the bench.. Pumping his fist. I wish Johnny sucker punched him. 

[/QUOTE]

it was Ross who had too much to say. Escobar was stupid for taking the bait. Gomes was just looking for reason to get the team fired up. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him vcec . Gomes has a spot on this team I don't care if he's 0  4 100. He has a role. 

[/QUOTE]

no blame, per se. Gomes used to play for the Rays, remember? But he was filling a role and it doesn't make him right. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maddon saying game 1 of the ALDS ellsbury stole second in the 8 th up 8-2 win. Joe u can't compare a playoff game to a game in October.. Source NESN pre game with Tom Carron and Jim Rice.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the steal was the issue, stink. It was Escabar, who is not well like in the league, mouthed off pointing in the dugout after the steal, rubbing it in their face. 

[/QUOTE]. Gomes said he challenged the bench.. Pumping his fist. I wish Johnny sucker punched him. 

[/QUOTE]

actually it was Ross who had much to say. Escobar shouldn't have left the base but there's enough blame in the dug out that should stop the finger pointing at the runner. WHO btw, was doing his job. isn't the point of the game to score?????? 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, no it wasn't. Ross was just standing there saying nothing, then said to Escabar, was was mouthing off, you better not be talking to me, challenging the bench. You're blaming the players in the dugout, for responding to a player celebrating a stolen base, pointing his finger and  rubbing their noses in it??!! I dont think so!!

[/QUOTE]

uh, watch the whole tape

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

nse to vcec's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was Ross who had too much to say. Escobar was stupid for taking the bait. Gomes was just looking for reason to get the team fired up. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame him vcec . Gomes has a spot on this team I don't care if he's 0  4 100. He has a role. 

[/QUOTE]

Gomes was in LF, vcec, not the dugout. Gomes was standing up to Escabar, for the team. Did you notice Gomes going after Escabar, who did nothing but back up? So Escabar stealing third, pointing in the dugout, attacking and challenging the bench, was Gomes fault??!!

[/QUOTE]

Gomes was in left field, yes, so what is your point? The issue was between Ross and Escobar. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually it was Ross who had much to say. Escobar shouldn't have left the base but there's enough blame in the dug out that should stop the finger pointing at the runner. WHO btw, was doing his job. isn't the point of the game to score?????? 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, no it wasn't. Ross was just standing there saying nothing, then said to Escabar, was was mouthing off, you better not be talking to me, challenging the bench. You're blaming the players in the dugout, for responding to a player celebrating a stolen base, pointing his finger and  rubbing their noses in it??!! I dont think so!!

[/QUOTE]

uh, watch the whole tape

[/QUOTE]

I did and stand by my post. Nor did either side take issue with what was reported. Escabar started it and Madden tried to deflect it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobor off. I'm no fan of Escobor, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobor? Let's start playing like champions. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for Escobar, either 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Obviously something was said from the Sox dugout? Not from what has been reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none. Who said anything about Gomes can take Escabar? The point is, YE started it, Gomes took issue with it, stood up for his team, and Escabar while mouthing off, did nothing but back up from the scrum.  Shows Escabar's lack of character, to say the least. 

[/QUOTE]

Escobar took exception to some comments from the Red Sox dugout, apparently from David Ross. Escobar grew more animated in his response, pointing repeatedly into the dugout, and broke away from third-base coach Tom Foley, who was restraining him......There was some pushing and shoving as the umpires eventually got them separated. There is some irony in that Gomes was a key player in the Rays' 2008 brawl against the Red Sox...#clip from local writer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobar off. I'm no fan of Escobar, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobar? Let's start playing like champions . 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously something was said for the Sox dugout? Not from what was reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   I do think that something must have been said from the dugout to set him off. I am not defending Escobar. I think he is a jerk. Just trying to understand how this incident happened. Bottom line: Sox need to shape up. They should be embarrassed and frustrated. It can't be overshadowed by trivial issues. Let's start playing like champions.  Today . 

[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, as soon as he stole 3rd, he got up pointed to the dugout and started jawing, and the dugout was silent, stunned. Nothing needs to set him off. He's had a history of bad behavior. He was also the player who wrote a racial slur in the eye black. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for him, either. One issue has nothing to do with other gale. The Rays weren't playing any better coming into the series, and acted like the classless organization I believe they are. Instead of Madden trying to smooth over the situation, he just added fuel to the fire. Great example to his players. Dont take responsibility, just deflect and blame the other team for something that happened 8 months ago. 

The effort is there, the production isn't. As long as that's the case, they have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, in by book 

[/QUOTE]

reportedly???? did you even see the game. Escobar got up and said nothing. It's obvious he was responding to words from the dug out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The whole thing is just anger and frustration over losing. If you just give a guy third base, you cannot be offended when he takes it.  The game is not over with a five run lead. We saw that in the ninth. Obviously, something was said from the dugout to set Escobor off. I'm no fan of Escobor, but the Sox need to focus on playing better baseball. A World Series champ that plays to this level is simply not acceptable. Who cares if Gomes can take Escobor? Let's start playing like champions. From the sound of Longoria's quote, he has no use for Escobar, either 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Obviously something was said from the Sox dugout? Not from what has been reported, gale. Escabar stole 3, pointed in the dugout and started jawing. There's has been no dispute of that, from either side. Madden is trying to use the ti t for tat, well the sox did the same thing in the ALCS, but no defending of Escabar, because there is none. Who said anything about Gomes can take Escabar? The point is, YE started it, Gomes took issue with it, stood up for his team, and Escabar while mouthing off, did nothing but back up from the scrum.  Shows Escabar's lack of character, to say the least. 

Escobar took exception to some comments from the Red Sox dugout, apparently from David Ross. Escobar grew more animated in his response, pointing repeatedly into the dugout, and broke away from third-base coach Tom Foley, who was restraining him......There was some pushing and shoving as the umpires eventually got them separated. There is some irony in that Gomes was a key player in the Rays' 2008 brawl against the Red Sox...#clip from local writer. 

Do you have a link to that assessment? That's not what been reported or is that from Escabar, or a Rays reporter? Don't you think Madden would have said that in his post game press conference, instead of reverting back to something 8 months ago.  Video I saw saw was Ross saying you better not be talking to me, in response to Escabar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

uh, watch the whole tape

[/QUOTE]

I did and stand by my post. Nor did either side take issue with what was reported. Escabar started it and Madden tried to deflect it. 

[/QUOTE]

well, you are certainly entitled to your perception. it certainly doesn't change anything, that's for sure. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

uh, watch the whole tape

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, you are certainly entitled to your perception. it certainly doesn't change anything, that's for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

No need to change anything. Thats what happened 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to that assessment? Thats not what been reported

[/QUOTE]

I can try to link it, but I usually have trouble on this site. It's from the Tampa bay Times. You should be able to find it if I can't link it.  here. it's Marc Topkin.                               http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can try to link it, but I usually have trouble on this site. It's from the Tampa bay Times. You should be able to find it if I can't link it.  here. it's Marc Topkin.                               http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377

[/QUOTE]

Can't open it. My question is, is that what Escabar said happened or a reporter for the Rays and if thats what happened, why hasnt Madden stated it? He certainly had enough time to talk to Escabar and the thirdbase coach about it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to that assessment? Thats not what been reported or is that from  a Rays reporter Don't you think Madden would have said that in his post game press conference, instead of reverting back to something 8 months ago.  Video I saw saw was Ross saying you better not be talking to me, in response to Escabar

[/QUOTE]

here's another

They took offense to what we thought was fine," Rays third base coach Tom Foley said. "They called him out and he talked back to them and the next thing you know, benches cleared." from the AJC

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can try to link it, but I usually have trouble on this site. It's from the Tampa bay Times. You should be able to find it if I can't link it.  here. it's Marc Topkin.                               http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377" rel="nofollow">http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377

[/QUOTE]

Can't open it. My question is, is that what Escabar said happened or a reporter for the Rays and if thats what happened, why hasnt Madden stated it? He certainly had enough time to talk to Escabar and the thirdbase coach about it? 

[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest here, who knows why Maddon does anything. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to that assessment? That's not what been reported or is that from Escabar, or a Rays reporter? Don't you think Madden would have said that in his post game press conference, instead of reverting back to something 8 months ago.  Video I saw saw was Ross saying you better not be talking to me, in response to Escabar

[/QUOTE]

as for the game itself? no, i wish i did. but it was played over and over again. we even played it back a few times ourselves. he slid into base, got up. then what appeared to be obvious, he turns to the dug out and seems to be responding to someone and takes exception, then leaves the base, etc. i don't think anyone will disagree - the two teams do no like each other and it's tense right now. Sox are in a slump, Rays are coming out of one. And after last night's 15 inning game after the Sox had a 5 run lead, I'm sure the players were frustrated. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ed by Foulke.

as for the game itself? no, i wish i did. but it was played over and over again. we even played it back a few times ourselves. he slid into base, got up. then what appeared to be obvious, he turns to the dug out and seems to be responding to someone and takes exception, then leaves the base, etc. i don't think anyone will disagree - the two teams do no like each other and it's tense right now. Sox are in a slump, Rays are coming out of one. And after last night's 15 inning game after the Sox had a 5 run lead, I'm sure the players were frustrated. 

He turns to the dugout and appears to be responding? How do you know without seeing the dugout? He said, he said, we'll never know. no need to debate it, further.Have a nice Memorial Day. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is just a side show. A distraction. The Sox need to hit the reset button and start to play winning baseball. If they don't do it soon, this season will be lost. There is already a thread about the Sox being sellers at the trade deadline. It would be a joke for a championship team to be in that position. It's still not too late. But things have to change pretty quickly.  Forget about this nonsense. Start playing better ball.

Stabbed by Foulke

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

This is just a side show. A distraction. The Sox need to hit the reset button and start to play winning baseball. If they don't do it soon, this season will be lost. There is already a thread about the Sox being sellers at the trade deadline. It would be a joke for a championship team to be in that position. It's still not too late. But things have to change pretty quickly.  Forget about this nonsense. Start playing better ball.

Stabbed by Foulke

A joke? With all the injuries and prospects? Hardly. Not to mention the players that weren't brought back. Different team.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

He turns to the dugout and appears to be responding? How do you know without seeing the dugout? He said, he said, we'll never know. no need to debate it, further.Have a nice Memorial Day. 

[/QUOTE]

how do I know? because i saw the tape. He's standing on base talking and is there for several seconds before turning to the dug out. Molina is up to bat. It is obvious he didn't just slide into base, stand up and start jawing at the dug out. 

but you're right, game is over. and they'll meet up again. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke

[/QUOTE]

A joke? With all the injuries and prospects. Hardly. Not to mention the players that weren't brought back. different team  

[/QUOTE]
    hose

[object HTMLDivElement]   Not a different team. It's the Red Sox. A few different players. Whose decision was that? Every team has injuries. Our injured guys were not producing when healthy. It is a joke when a championship team goes this bad in one year. It should not happen. Someone has to be accountable. Who is it?   I don't think it's my fault. I am just commenting on what I am seeing. What I am seeing is pretty ugly. There is no denying that. Am I giving up on the season?  No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

here's vcec's link

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-complete-sweep-of-red-sox/2181377

Escobar took off for third and made it unchallenged, then several Sox, backup catcher David Ross seemingly among them, started yelling at him, objecting to Escobar taking a base with a five-run lead

The seventh-inning to-do after Escobar reacted angrily to the Sox hissing was the latest installment in the heated rivalry between the teams, but it really didn't amount to much.

hard to imagine anyone other than homers like those on nesn

thinking Escobar wasn't reacting to something

maddon was more interested in talking about the sox doing the same thing

And another sermon from Rays manager Joe Maddon on the inappropriateness of complaining about your opponent trying to score.

There was one real blow, with one-time Rays enforcer Jonny Gomes — shocker! — going after Escobar.

anyone else thinking jonny is looking more & more like charlie every week