Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday 1:40 Red Sox @ Tampa

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just to add insult to injury, I'm stuck with the Rays feed on my Extra Innings today. No choice of NESN. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I had to grin and bare it, last fall when I was in Florida for 10 days, gale. Painful.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].    I see a lot of teams on my Extra Innings. I think the Rays announcers are the worst in the business. Hands down. 

[/QUOTE]

Harrelson is the worst, IMO...and its not even close

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just to add insult to injury, I'm stuck with the Rays feed on my Extra Innings today. No choice of NESN. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I had to grin and bare it, last fall when I was in Florida for 10 days, gale. Painful.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].    I see a lot of teams on my Extra Innings. I think the Rays announcers are the worst in the business. Hands down. 

[/QUOTE]

To go along with where they play 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched a very good game last night - SF - 2, MN, 1....Giants are going back to the WS.  Now that's a team!!!!!!!!!

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. With our present free fall I am still a loyal fan but it mends my wounds a bit to also like the SF Giants & A’s. AT&T Park is my 2nd favorite after Fenway and when the Sox play out here at least 25% of fans are wearing “Bees” on their caps, Boston Strong T-Shirts etc. as they are expats or New Englanders who come out for a vacation too. Last year we even got up and sang “ Sweet Caroline” and Giants fans joined in and then applauded. There is no great hate for our Boston team as there is for the Dodgers, Angels etc. And SF is a nice quaint walking around town like Boston with a Bay, hills , seafood etc. The A’s have some Sox alumni Crisp, Punto, Moss, Reddick & Lowrie. Wouldn’t I like to have Lowrie at SS and Crisp at Center for us now…California Dreaming !!!

WEAK!   UNFORGIVABLE!   I've lived in Oregon for 30 years, and I would never split my undying allegiance to the Sox with our Oregon mlb team!

TRADER!

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, your comment is tongue and cheek. Oregon only has one professional team, the NBA Trailblazers but as many in Maine, NH, Conn, Vermont etc. who do not have professional teams , many become Boston fans so if Seattle's pro-teams are likeable after Boston, why not. Did you read my post, I am a Boston team fan first and when Boston plays the local teams I root for Boston. But when local teams play other teams why  can't I root for them? Roots run deep, I was in Fenway in the 40s watching Williams, DiMaggio, Pesky, Doerr etc. Also at Celtic games watching Cousy, Sharman etc. Soooo, I reiterate, I am a Boston fan first and since the team is playing lousy, it eases my wounds a bit when local teams play well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  I just realized the MLB channel has the NESN feed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    They are definitely bad but the radio duo is the absolute worst hands down!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Getting back to the game. Pedrioa just isn't get the job done with RISP. A hit here or there would make a BIG difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't post much here but it is incredible how this team can be torn apart by posters after they won the WS last year and theyre only still In may. As fluke as their ws was last year They still won

[/QUOTE]

2013 was a team

2014 is a not a team

it's all about playing clean ball and knowing how to win games.  how they allowed Price to pitch 8 innings, how Peavy let them right back in the game, and how they lost the game on errors - i mean - if they only mess up 2 of those 3 things they still win.  i do not expect to win 95 games or the WS every year but i do expect good clean ball every game.

[/QUOTE]

YES YOU HAVE SAID ALL!... Red sox nation should demand more from Owners, FO, Ben, Farrell et al... Fenway is a baseball shrine...even Papi is letting everybody down...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Maddon pinch hits for the number 3 hitter. What happens 3 run poke. I'm starting to think they will never win another game lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

IMO this team is worse than 2012.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Break out the chicken and beer

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  They are in free fall mode. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

By the time drew gets here they will be 12-13 games out .. Bluejays are red hot with the sweep over Oakland 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You need MLB so you have your choice of home/away. But yeah, they are bad, St. Louis is bad too. That old guy in Seattle used to be insufferable too, don't know if he's still there or not. Can't remember that dufus' name. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  They are in free fall mode. 

[/QUOTE]
    Good for Johnny gomes. I like that dude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Escobar is a punk. Literally cannot stand this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Escobar wants no part of gomes. Gomes will f him up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You give a guy third base, how can you blame him for taking it?  Sox are embarrassed and frustrated. Maybe this will serve as a much needed wake up call. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Where was all this fire when the series started?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I hope the Sox remember this next weekend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

You give a guy third base, how can you blame him for taking it?  Sox are embarrassed and frustrated. Maybe this will serve as a much needed wake up call. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Maddon likes to tweak them. 2 outs already in scoring position.no need to steal third come on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

the problem is, they don't have the personnel to turn it around, awake or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

I hope the Sox remember this next weekend.

[/QUOTE]. Me too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I watched a very good game last night - SF - 2, MN, 1....Giants are going back to the WS.  Now that's a team!!!!!!!!!

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. With our present free fall I am still a loyal fan but it mends my wounds a bit to also like the SF Giants & A’s. AT&T Park is my 2nd favorite after Fenway and when the Sox play out here at least 25% of fans are wearing “Bees” on their caps, Boston Strong T-Shirts etc. as they are expats or New Englanders who come out for a vacation too. Last year we even got up and sang “ Sweet Caroline” and Giants fans joined in and then applauded. There is no great hate for our Boston team as there is for the Dodgers, Angels etc. And SF is a nice quaint walking around town like Boston with a Bay, hills , seafood etc. The A’s have some Sox alumni Crisp, Punto, Moss, Reddick & Lowrie. Wouldn’t I like to have Lowrie at SS and Crisp at Center for us now…California Dreaming !!!

[/QUOTE]

WEAK!   UNFORGIVABLE!   I've lived in Oregon for 30 years, and I would never split my undying allegiance to the Sox with our Oregon mlb team!

TRADER!

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, your comment is tongue and cheek. Oregon only has one professional team, the NBA Trailblazers but as many in Maine, NH, Conn, Vermont etc. who do not have professional teams , many become Boston fans so if Seattle's pro-teams are likeable after Boston, why not. Did you read my post, I am a Boston team fan first and when Boston plays the local teams I root for Boston. But when local teams play other teams why  can't I root for them? Roots run deep, I was in Fenway in the 40s watching Williams, DiMaggio, Pesky, Doerr etc. Also at Celtic games watching Cousy, Sharman etc. Soooo, I reiterate, I am a Boston fan first and since the team is playing lousy, it eases my wounds a bit when local teams play well.

[/QUOTE]

Oregon mlb...........    Need I say more?

To be clear, as many often miss my tongue being firmly implanted in my cheek,  I would never split my allegiance to the Red Sox with our Oregon mlb team.  You feel free to do what you like, just don't ask me to support our mlb team.

I'm not saying you're necessarily evil for doing so, just led astray.   ;)

Having said that, my Blazers &  Ducks have been excellent as of late.   ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

maybe this will wake them up

dumb move by Escobor.  the steal you can debate but the shouting match was dumb.

knew AJP was peeved immediately.

anyways, how many of you actually thought the would win today?  Be honest now........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

meanwhile Beckett pitched a no-no and Crawford would be our #3 hitter on this team!