Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Detroit

This is the move Leyland is kept up nights wishing he'd made last Oct.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Holt again. Unbelievable.

[object HTMLDivElement].   The smart posters are still waiting for Holt to regress. It is not possible that he can be for real. Meanwhile, he is getting it done,while more highly touted guys are failing. How can that be? The fact is, results are what counts. Not expectations. Results. Holt is producing. 

I think some feel the pitchers haven't made adjustments yet, gale. He certainly has made the most of his opportunity. He may be the real deal. We'll see. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[object HTMLDivElement].   The smart posters are still waiting for Holt to regress. It is not possible that he can be for real. Meanwhile, he is getting it done,while more highly touted guys are failing. How can that be? The fact is, results are what counts. Not expectations. Results. Holt is producing. 

Holt has seized the moment! He's the real deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Get a hit ortiz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I think some feel the pitchers haven't made adjustments yet, gale. He certainly has made the most of his opportunity. He may be the real deal. We'll see. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Id like to think so, but then I remember WMB and I pause......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Speaking of meeting nice, humble people..... I found out today there's a guy that goes to my church who was in the third wave in the D-Day attack. He's 93 now, still drives himself around, has a great sense of humor and will talk your leg off about the war if you let him. 

Shake his hand for me and thank him for his service.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jim Leyland just threw up a little in his mouth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

How can one team be so unclutch? Runner on 3rd 1 out, and we can't get the run in. Pathetic does not even begin to describe this joke of a team 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Self destruct mode: ACTIVATED. T minus 8 minutes and counting.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Heat win game two 98-96. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

That's how you keep a losing streak alive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

That's how you keep a losing streak alive.

[object HTMLDivElement]

and darn proud of it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice at bat. Chases ball four, then takes strike three. Sound familiar? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, that oughta about do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

I've seen this movie before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Can Holt play 3rd and LF at the same time?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, that oughta about do it.

[object HTMLDivElement]. Not yet. The Tiger's pen is not exactly fire proof. That could be their Achilles heel. . Have to hold them here. We can come back from one run. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

"A critical Bogaerts error".  Expect more of the same from Xander at third.  He is worse at this position then ss. Last ws was a fluke and not much came at him.

Ben should have kept him at short and never signed drew.  Xander's made a few errors behind Lackey and failed to get to a few balls as well.  lackey does not look happy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Drew's gonna go yard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Ortiz is going to go yard

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

"A crtical Bogaerts error".  Expect more of the same from Xander at third.  He is worse at this position then ss. Last ws was a fluke and not much came at him.

Ben should have kept him at short and never signed drew.  Xander's made a few errors behind Lackey and failed to get to a few balls as well.  lackey does not look happy

[object HTMLDivElement]. Re :  "  Lackey does not look happy. "   When does he? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Speaking of meeting nice, humble people..... I found out today there's a guy that goes to my church who was in the third wave in the D-Day attack. He's 93 now, still drives himself around, has a great sense of humor and will talk your leg off about the war if you let him. 

[object HTMLDivElement].  It is hard to even imagine the emotions and what it must have felt like wading ashore on that historic day. An unbelievably courageous and unforgettable experience. 

Suggest a documentary in I tunes movies about D Day, 5 vetrans giving touching testimonies

[object HTMLDivElement]

Since he was in the third wave, he probably saw a little less fire, but a LOT of bloody messes on the beach from the first two waves. Incredible. But even so, he said there were many times he felt guys on both sides of him take a bullet and go down.

I watched an amazing show on the history channel called d-day in HD.  Part one was friday and part two was saturday.  It was one of the most amazing wwll shows I have ever seen.  Worth the watch. 

Many more men died while on the way to take paris so I'm sure your friend saw lots of action.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

"A crtical Bogaerts error".  Expect more of the same from Xander at third.  He is worse at this position then ss. Last ws was a fluke and not much came at him.

Actually, SS is a tougher position than 3rd. Bogie would have been worse at SS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Napoli speed merchant. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stay tuned. The Tiger's bullpen is not great. We can win this. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts