Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Detroit

‏@PeteAbe
    Tonight only the second win for the #RedSox this season when trailing after 8 innings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To the " smart " posters, Holt is and will always be, a marginal utility player.  No matter how much he shows that he is more than that. Hard to get recognition once you are type cast. That 's life. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

but if he can hit and play multiple positions including IF and OF that can be very valuable; I don't believe I ever suggested he's an every day player........but he's earned a spot on the roster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Anybody?

Retweeted by Pete Abraham

KOJI UEHARAVerified account
    ‏@TeamUehara
    ようやく止まった(^-^) 勝ってよかった(^-^) いまからボルチモアへ…。また寝れるのは朝になるな(^^;; そして夜は試合…

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Lackey on Ortiz: "He’s done it so many times. It’s funny; you almost expect it. He’s the real deal in those spots.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Lackey on Napoli’s influence tonight: “They wouldn’t have thrown one near the strike zone (to Ortiz) if that dude wasn’t standing on deck."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox would have had a worse record than the Astros had they not rallied tonight. Question now is whether they can build off it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    We’ll get out here on this: @TeamUehara last 15 games: 16 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 19 K. ERA now 0.68. #redsox

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    #RedSox would have had a worse record than the Astros had they not rallied tonight. Question now is whether they can build off it.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  That's the question Pete?  Can they build off a single win?  Seriously, doesn't this guy get paid good money to watch this team play every game?  They're not building on anything the way that roster is constructed currently. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"A crtical Bogaerts error".  Expect more of the same from Xander at third.  He is worse at this position then ss. Last ws was a fluke and not much came at him.

Ben should have kept him at short and never signed drew.  Xander's made a few errors behind Lackey and failed to get to a few balls as well.  lackey does not look happy

[/QUOTE]

Actually, SS is a tougher position than 3rd. Bogie would have been worse at SS.

[/QUOTE]

I know that's what some are saying.  But he turns the double play pretty well.  I would have left him at short.  I guess the left field option is off the table, Brock Holt just purchased that option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To the " smart " posters, Holt is and will always be, a marginal utility player.  No matter how much he shows that he is more than that. Hard to get recognition once you are type cast. That 's life. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

but if he can hit and play multiple positions including IF and OF that can be very valuable; I don't believe I ever suggested he's an every day player........but he's earned a spot on the roster

[/QUOTE]

@ dgalehouse: there are exceptions.  Nava was as marginal as you can get, and old to boot, but he became a crucial player last year, for one year anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@ dgalehouse: there are exceptions.  Nava was as marginal as you can get, and old to boot, but he became a crucial player last year, for one year anyway.

[/QUOTE]

until he was benched in the playoffs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

‏@PeteAbe

[/QUOTE]

Really?  That's the question Pete?  Can they build off a single win?  Seriously, doesn't this guy get paid good money to watch this team play every game?  They're not building on anything the way that roster is constructed currently. 

[/QUOTE]
    They won 7 in a row after rallying in Atlanta. Yeah this team seems to be able to build off big innings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

until he was benched in the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

For a player who performed worse than him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Nava wasn't exactly benched in the playoffs.  His playing time was cut back, yes.  But he started 7 postseason games, including games 3, 4 and 5 of the WS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Nava wasn't exactly benched in the playoffs.  His playing time was cut back, yes.  But he started 7 postseason games, including games 3, 4 and 5 of the WS.

Where was Nava sitting exactly when Gomes was playing the other 60% of the games?

Please note that for 2 of the 3 games you cited, he was only playing because Shane Victorino broke a toe nail.

Sections
Shortcuts