Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

Get the bubblewrap out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

This game is scary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could a .500 record win the AL EAST?

[/QUOTE]

never

[/QUOTE]

Never's a long time. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What a play by Napoli. He has turned into a really good first baseman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a play by Napoli. He has turned into a really good first baseman.

[/QUOTE]

yeah !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If the SOX can take this game into extra innings, they may be able to win by forfeit if the Yankees don't have enough healthy players. Stay tuned. I think I hear the MASH helicopters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If the SOX can take this game into extra innings, they may be able to win by forfeit if the Yankees don't have enough healthy players. Stay tuned. I think I hear the MASH helicopters.

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Got to hand it to Doubront; he's had nothing but kept the Sox in the game and is one replay removed from leaving with a tie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Man do these hitters suck. If last years team was dead they would be rolling in their graves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ellsbury is starting to get on my nerves

[/QUOTE]

Just starting? He's been on mine since he jumped ship, and even before, because we all knew he'd do it.

[/QUOTE]

you completely destroy your legacy if you leave for da bronx.  stupid.  there is no difference in quality of life from 120 mil to 150 mil,  none.

[/QUOTE]

The difference is 30 mil. You may not need it, but it can mean everything to your family in the future. Please be real. If 30 mil should not matter to a player, why should it matter to a billionaire owner?  As for the difference between playing in Boston or in New York, do you think that really matters to a professional athlete? 

[/QUOTE]

it won't matter to his great great grand children either unless they all need a new Rolls Royce every year

I've take less money (on a percent basis) to stay at a place that was fair to me and I liked and we weren't talking about anywhere near that amount

[/QUOTE]

Okay. Fair enough. I will play anywhere for an extra 30 mil. You don't have to. 

[/QUOTE]

not me, i'd go hungry before i played for the yankees

[/QUOTE]

Great, great grandchildren: " Why are we hungry"?  Answer: "Great, great  grandpa  Andrew did not want to play for the Yankees. "  Kids, " Oh , okay."  We totally understand that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Got to hand it to Doubront; he's had nothing but kept the Sox in the game and is one replay removed from leaving with a tie.

[/QUOTE]

He has nothing a lot, but he did keep the anemic SOX in the game, so kudos to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he did hang in there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Man do these hitters suck. If last years team was dead they would be rolling in their graves.

[/QUOTE]

It appears last year's team is dead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gave it a ride

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Sizemore didn't pull it enough. Damn!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Wishing Curt Schilling the best to beat the C.  He has lost a lot of weight.

For a second I thought it was Dick Vitale when they showed Curt's pic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just starting? He's been on mine since he jumped ship, and even before, because we all knew he'd do it.

[/QUOTE]

you completely destroy your legacy if you leave for da bronx.  stupid.  there is no difference in quality of life from 120 mil to 150 mil,  none.

[/QUOTE]

The difference is 30 mil. You may not need it, but it can mean everything to your family in the future. Please be real. If 30 mil should not matter to a player, why should it matter to a billionaire owner?  As for the difference between playing in Boston or in New York, do you think that really matters to a professional athlete? 

[/QUOTE]

it won't matter to his great great grand children either unless they all need a new Rolls Royce every year

I've take less money (on a percent basis) to stay at a place that was fair to me and I liked and we weren't talking about anywhere near that amount

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great, great grandchildren: " Why are we hungry"?  Answer: "Great, great  grandpa  Andrew did not want to play for the Yankees. "  Kids, " Oh , okay."  We totally understand that. 

[/QUOTE]

I get it now.  Ellsbury's great great grand children won't be able to earn a living for themselves and Ellsbury will have to eat through the entire pricinpal amount of roughly 100 million just to make ends meet.........when you have that kind of money you should never have to touch the principal and hence it should last forever...plus if you can afford to buy several houses, they can be passed down from gen to gen; plus buy a good education - money would never be tight unless you intend to be stupid or a showoff or lazy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

Sizemore didn't pull it enough. Damn!

[/QUOTE]

That has been the story of the day, same exact spot for Nava and Ortiz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be in the darkness of the nuclear desert wasteland following WWIII when life is bought and sold with petrol, and Captain Walker is the folk hero all children await. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

are they singing Ellsburys praises more now that he's in pinstripes? 

[/QUOTE]

We are just a bit more sensitive, still raw.

[/QUOTE]

I felt they should have signed Ellsbury, if they were able to give the money to Pedroia they could have given it to Ellsbury too. Plus they are saving another 13 million on Dempster's salary this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Crawford's deal could have kept him in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what we were trying to avoid

[/QUOTE]

sizemore/jbj = gardner/ellsbury? think about it..neither of yank guys will play 120 games.. just what it is.. size is shaky but look at the $.. cant beat the value.. like ells but no beef with him walkin. my beef is y they cant offer a below market 5 year and $100m guarantee to Lester?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

prinicaps are more important than money

same reason why i'd never take a public/government job; I'd rather earn my money than to secure my income from taxes which are secured through force.  grandkids should learn those values..........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Head cheese

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Wishing Curt Schilling the best to beat the C.  He has lost a lot of weight.

For a second I thought it was Dick Vitale when they showed Curt's pic.

[/QUOTE]

That makes baseball games insignificant in the real scope of life. Best to Curt. If having guts is a positive in beating cancer, Curt's got a good shot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

come on, Beltran a HOFer?  Come on.  He blew it for the Mets