Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wonder what Farrell will say in the interview room?

[/QUOTE]

No post game on NESN.  I guess we'll hear tomorrow. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have made Yankee pitchers seem like Cy Young winners ! Did anyone really think we'd come back. 1 run lead against us is like 3-4.

[/QUOTE]

No I knew it was over when the Yankees went ahead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ge=reat to c the game thread being used again as intended by God and mr. henry!

[/QUOTE]

I thought commies were atheists.

[/QUOTE]

lol, thats y i'm a CONTRARIAN or opposite of a Commy. i actually hate Commys.. incl the mods here when they used to take that tude. thats where it started. my handle was once Commy-Moderator...

[/QUOTE]

correct, you can't be a commie or collectivist or totalitarian or a liberal or even a democrat and believe in God because your government is your God and the Most High

[/QUOTE]

The scary part is that with the present administration is trying to take this country to the realms of communism.

[/QUOTE]

really do u even know what commmunism is? putin=communism... is obama anywhere near that? does he have those powers? i'm sure a true commy would have cut the mike of rush, o'reilley and others by now like in RUSSIA. all your funders would b in jail by now LIKE in RUSSIA with assets seized like in RUSSIA.. if obama had a different pigment, he would b considered a conservative democrat on most issues. he's as corporate a dem as u will ever get any time soon. u wait til hillary gets there.. you will b begging for the good old capitalist days of obama.. have the rich ever been better in this great nation? get out of the right wing sand and breathe just a lil!

[/QUOTE]

You need to read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and understand that communism is the total control of the economy by the govnernment....it's a form of collectivism where the individual has no rights, everything is done for the good of society even if some individuals suffer.  this is obama at the core

[/QUOTE]

again, how do you explain the richest NON-GOVERNMENT private sector making mo $ than at at anytime in history.. its never been better to b rich and in the private sector. have u seen the stock market lately? have u seen fortune 50 profits? have u seen the explosion in stratups and funding incl crowdfunding? bama just signed a bill that bushy and others incl reagan wouldnt sign or even propose ending the ban on regular folks to fund startups. no longer have to b an accredited investor to do so.. up to 100k, no biggie! thats a communist? i work with startups, being a capitalist has NEVER been better in US. being poor or middle class, has never been worse for the rich are gourging!

[/QUOTE]

because there is no more FREE MARKET

it's a controlled market; controlled by the government

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

If you think Obama is going to help the middle class you are dreaming. He has done nothing to help them but bs'd them like he has for the last 5 years. Cut the military back, keep the pipeline out of the United States, alienate all our allies, gut the missle defense out of Europe and reneg on agreements to protect Ukraine, Poland, and Czecheslovokia. Yeah Putin is scared of Obama. not !

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I miss those enlightened days under George W.

[/QUOTE]

wasnt he prez when putin marched into GEORGIA without a peeeep?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Cheney was the POTUS, George was his dummy.

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability.

[/QUOTE]

What in the wild, wild world of sports does ANY of this have to do with tonight's game?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing but the Red Sox are so awful, anything else to talk about has to be sufficient. What aggravates me is that management did not go after a hitter in the off season but people on this board will give them a pass because everything came together last year and David Ortiz carried this team on his back last year. Is management giving breaks to fans this year in ticket prices, concessions, and parking because they won the World Series last year ?

[/QUOTE]

what would you had liked Ben to do?  I suggested Trumbo but was that dis'ed....not sure there were any options better than what we are doing now all things considered of course.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

One thing we can all be is hypocrites. There is a ton of hypocrisy on display here every day. Objectivity is hard to find. 

I dont know why you continue with the board, gale, you don't seem to enjoy it. 

Oh, I enjoy it. If I didn't , I would not continue. Are we all supposed to agree on everything?  I am a long time  die-hard fan. Does that mean that I cannot express my opinion, pro or con? Are we all supposed to march in lock step?  I am seeing some things that I don't like. I think I have a right to express them. What is wrong with that?  

I didn't say you didnt. I said you don't seem to enjoy it. 

J, I do enjoy it. There are many other things to do than argue on here. I love the team as much as you , or anyone else. I do appreciate your input and fandom . But don't ask me to fall in line or leave. I don't have to make that choice. If I am not happy with the way things are going, I want to be able to express it. Please don't join the group that will not tolerate any dissent. 

[/QUOTE]

WOW GALE WHAT!??? All I did was ask you a question and that's what you took from it?! OMG

[/QUOTE]

J, You asked me why I stayed on the board if I didn't enjoy it. I think I explained why. I do enjoy it. But I am not happy with what I have been seeing. I think I have the right to express that. 

[/QUOTE]

Gale,  I never said you didn't.  Everyone does. All I did was ask you a question. I'll remember not to, again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubront had a rough time against the Yanks last year.  He's off to a lousy start this season.  

Maybe the double negatives will give him the drive to pitch a good one tonight.  Scoring runs are at a premium for the Sox right now

I thought he pitched very well against ny last year.

Doubront is 3-2, 4.17 in 12 career appearances against the Yankees. He had a 6.30 ERA against the Yankees in four starts last season. … that said, i also thought he pitched pretty well against us

[/QUOTE]

There you go again, Jete. Always pushing to start a fight. If you're gonna tell me you're afraid of Doubie, I know you're fibbing.

I'm always afraid when Doubie's pitching.

[/QUOTE] not about being afraid, just talking about how he's pitched in those 3 wins..you can't say that the Yanks raked him every time he pitched..Edit..i understand that the ERA makes a tough argument for saying he pitched well 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I guess one parallel might be ...

To compare the umps strike zone for Yankee pitchers to the media's coverage of this administration. ;)

Completely unbiased. ;)

Yeh.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol, thats y i'm a CONTRARIAN or opposite of a Commy. i actually hate Commys.. incl the mods here when they used to take that tude. thats where it started. my handle was once Commy-Moderator...

[/QUOTE]

correct, you can't be a commie or collectivist or totalitarian or a liberal or even a democrat and believe in God because your government is your God and the Most High

[/QUOTE]

The scary part is that with the present administration is trying to take this country to the realms of communism.

[/QUOTE]

really do u even know what commmunism is? putin=communism... is obama anywhere near that? does he have those powers? i'm sure a true commy would have cut the mike of rush, o'reilley and others by now like in RUSSIA. all your funders would b in jail by now LIKE in RUSSIA with assets seized like in RUSSIA.. if obama had a different pigment, he would b considered a conservative democrat on most issues. he's as corporate a dem as u will ever get any time soon. u wait til hillary gets there.. you will b begging for the good old capitalist days of obama.. have the rich ever been better in this great nation? get out of the right wing sand and breathe just a lil!

[/QUOTE]

You need to read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and understand that communism is the total control of the economy by the govnernment....it's a form of collectivism where the individual has no rights, everything is done for the good of society even if some individuals suffer.  this is obama at the core

[/QUOTE]

again, how do you explain the richest NON-GOVERNMENT private sector making mo $ than at at anytime in history.. its never been better to b rich and in the private sector. have u seen the stock market lately? have u seen fortune 50 profits? have u seen the explosion in stratups and funding incl crowdfunding? bama just signed a bill that bushy and others incl reagan wouldnt sign or even propose ending the ban on regular folks to fund startups. no longer have to b an accredited investor to do so.. up to 100k, no biggie! thats a communist? i work with startups, being a capitalist has NEVER been better in US. being poor or middle class, has never been worse for the rich are gourging!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

If you think Obama is going to help the middle class you are dreaming. He has done nothing to help them but bs'd them like he has for the last 5 years. Cut the military back, keep the pipeline out of the United States, alienate all our allies, gut the missle defense out of Europe and reneg on agreements to protect Ukraine, Poland, and Czecheslovokia. Yeah Putin is scared of Obama. not !

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability and Putin was scared of him.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't believe the political posts on this sports forum...I'd like add my $.02 cents.

It is an enigma to me that an intelligent person, not many of the 47 million on welfare or people on welfare in 35 states where it pays more than the minimum wage, can't stand any criticism of our present administration and I fail to understand the mind set of these people.  Can so many be so brainwashed that they can't see what is happening to our country!  Many polls now are over 50% that our country is heading in the wrong direction. We won't have to leave the USA to go to soon to be socialized Western Europe of Belgium, France, England, Germany, Spain as we are becoming Russia, bit by bit.  NSA, IRS, immigration problems, news government media, free speech being harnessed, Christianity/Religion being tested at every turn, our health care system still in an unresolved mess , division at every level , poverty increasing, work force decreasing, welfare & food stamps increasing etc. " And as a former Marine, it is disheartening to see our Military being targeted to be below WW2 manpower. Does our administration feel that only peaceful negotiaton will resolve issues...I think Putin understands more a display of force.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Knee + Jerks =_______________________

Have at it fellas.....

[/QUOTE]

Little People foreplay?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We have made Yankee pitchers seem like Cy Young winners ! Did anyone really think we'd come back. 1 run lead againt us is like 3-4.

Click here to hide the visitor list   Click here to minimize the input field  [/QUOTE]

Nova and Phelps and Thorton and not major league pitchers and Kelly is not a ML closer. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you not understand my tongue & cheek comment ??? That's exactly what I mean, their pitchers are mediocre and we still can't hit them !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability.

[/QUOTE]

What in the wild, wild world of sports does ANY of this have to do with tonight's game?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing but the Red Sox are so awful, anything else to talk about has to be sufficient. What aggravates me is that management did not go after a hitter in the off season but people on this board will give them a pass because everything came together last year and David Ortiz carried this team on his back last year. Is management giving breaks to fans this year in ticket prices, concessions, and parking because they won the World Series last year ?

[/QUOTE]

what would you had liked Ben to do?  I suggested Trumbo but was that dis'ed....not sure there were any options better than what we are doing now all things considered of course.

[/QUOTE]

He should have done something other than rely on Nava to play so far over his head last year, thinking he could do it again this year and over estimating Jackie Bradley Junior who is striking out quite a bit lately in case anyone notices. Imagine if they had not gotten lucky with Grady Sizemore, we would probably be looking for our first win still. Letting Ellsbury go was another blunder without replacing his bat as well as Saltalamachia's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Here is the bottom line: We went into New York and lost three out of four. That did not happen last year. What is the difference? Please tell me. I complained that we were being complacent. I was shouted down. Tell me, if this continues can we seek solace in the knowledge that the Yankees overspent? Will that be our consolation? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We have made Yankee pitchers seem like Cy Young winners ! Did anyone really think we'd come back. 1 run lead againt us is like 3-4.

Click here to hide the visitor list   Click here to minimize the input field  [/QUOTE]

Nova and Phelps and Thorton and not major league pitchers and Kelly is not a ML closer. 

[/QUOTE]

Did you not understand my tongue & cheek comment ??? That's exactly what I mean, their pitchers are mediocre and we still can't hit them !!!

[/QUOTE]

No, VIC, PD and WMB maybe?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

Here is the bottom line: We went into New York and lost three out of four. That did not happen last year. What is the difference? Please tell me. I complained that we were being complacent. I was shouted down. Tell me, if this continues can we seek solace in the knowledge that the Yankees overspent? Will that be our consolation? 

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees over spent and we under spent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You certainly seem to have a point right now.

Still........

We do have to factor in not having....   Pedey, Vic, Middy, oooey, & so far, a part time Sizemore.

Things will get better, but right now we SUKK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I won't need any consoling, gale. We won last year and I'm planning on enjoying this one, for whatever it is, Good, bad, or indifferent.  My years of angst, ended 10 years ago

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He should have done something other than rely on Nava to play so far over his head last year, thinking he could do it again this year and over estimating Jackie Bradley Junior who is striking out quite a bit lately in case anyone notices. Imagine if they had not gotten lucky with Grady Sizemore, we would probably be looking for our first win still. Letting Ellsbury go was another blunder without replacing his bat as well as Saltalamachia's.

[/QUOTE]

you still did not make any reasonable suggestions

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, VIC, PD and WMB maybe?

[/QUOTE]

Hey, we actually got 9 hits to their 8...our big problem this year too has been hitting into DPs and Leaving RISP !!! Thus, lacking clutch hits. The last 2 games we won were 3 run HRs by Papi & Grady. W/O those we'd be on a 5-6 game losing streak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree this weekend blew

but the consolation will be that the yankees may not make the playoffs and if they do won't get far

and then next year no more jeter, arod back, and bum deals in tex, cc, ells, etc and absolutely no farm team.......

our future has never been brighter and theirs never dimmer.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We had a team good enough to win a ring last year. Would you suggest we tear it up and start over? Or obtain a pitcher (Tanaka) who never threw a pitch in MLB here and overpay him, thereby mortgaging our future? We are just 13 games into the season and just two games out of first place. So what if we didn't lose three of four last year to the Yankees. There was no need to over-react to the Yankees idiotic spending spree. We will see in Sept if it was worth it, not mid April. If, in Sept, the Yankees win the ALE and we fail to make the playoffs then I will agree with you. For now, I am going to be more patient. First assessment that means anything: 40 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   1m

Can’t say I’ve ever seen John Farrell quite that mad before. Fair to say he’s not a proponent of the replay system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Instant Replay doesn't feel right to me

If feels like Video Game Baseball or worse, electronic drums.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability and Putin was scared of him.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't believe the political posts on this sports forum...I'd like add my $.02 cents.

It is an enigma to me that an intelligent person, not many of the 47 million on welfare or people on welfare in 35 states where it pays more than the minimum wage, can't stand any criticism of our present administration and I fail to understand the mind set of these people.  Can so many be so brainwashed that they can't see what is happening to our country!  Many polls now are over 50% that our country is heading in the wrong direction. We won't have to leave the USA to go to soon to be socialized Western Europe of Belgium, France, England, Germany, Spain as we are becoming Russia, bit by bit.  NSA, IRS, immigration problems, news government media, free speech being harnessed, Christianity/Religion being tested at every turn, our health care system still in an unresolved mess , division at every level , poverty increasing, work force decreasing, welfare & food stamps increasing etc. " And as a former Marine, it is disheartening to see our Military being targeted to be below WW2 manpower. Does our administration feel that only peaceful negotion will resolve issues...I think Putin understands more a display of force.

[/QUOTE]

SF, you have a point. There are none so blind as those who will not see. We are playing a dangerous game of make believe in this country. We need leaders, not politicians. We are not going in the  right direction. Can we change course? I have my doubts. Having said that, I don't think we should involve ourselves in every conflict around the globe. It does not help.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is an enigma to me that an intelligent person, not many of the 47 million on welfare or people on welfare in 35 states where it pays more than the minimum wage, can't stand any criticism of our present administration and I fail to understand the mind set of these people.  Can so many be so brainwashed that they can't see what is happening to our country!  Many polls now are over 50% that our country is heading in the wrong direction. We won't have to leave the USA to go to soon to be socialized Western Europe of Belgium, France, England, Germany, Spain as we are becoming Russia, bit by bit.  NSA, IRS, immigration problems, news government media, free speech being harnessed, Christianity/Religion being tested at every turn, our health care system still in an unresolved mess , division at every level , poverty increasing, work force decreasing, welfare & food stamps increasing etc. " And as a former Marine, it is disheartening to see our Military being targeted to be below WW2 manpower. Does our administration feel that only peaceful negotion will resolve issues...I think Putin understands more a display of force.

[/QUOTE]

I am a former Army Field Grade Officer from Iraqi Freedom and I agree with you 110 percent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you still did not make any reasonable suggestions

[/QUOTE]

Resign Ellsbury or if not trade for Stanton. But stop relying on cheaper salaried rookies which management seems to place a lot of value on than established players. BTW love Xavier but question putting two rookies into the starting lineup with JBJ who is not ready yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

so you'd do better than 7/153 for Ellsbury?

and who would give up for to get Stanton?