Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Gamethread Sunday Red Sox @ Yankees

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

so you'd do better than 7/153 for Ellsbury?

and who would give up for to get Stanton?

I would not have sat back on him and let the Yankees get involved. I would have made a good offer when we had control of him At the end of last year. Stanton is a good hitter who would have fit in well. The Red Sox make a lot of money, if they gave the money to Pedroia, they should have given it to Ellsbury who is a better player than Pedroia.

I would have traded JBJ and Doubrant and another pitcher pitcher like Raunando for Stanton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   3m

Farrell: “On the heels of [Saturday], it’s hard to have any faith in the system to be honest with you.”

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   2m

Farrell: “You would think that video replay would be conclusive. … Unfortunately we were on the wrong side of it both times.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would not have sat back on him and let the Yankees get involved. I would have made a good offer when we had control of him At the end of last year. Stanton is a good hitter who would have fit in well. The Red Sox make a lot of money, if they gave the money to Pedroia, they should have given it to Ellsbury who is a better player than Pedroia.

I would have traded JBJ and Doubrant and another pitcher pitcher like Raunando for Stanton.

[/QUOTE]

first, ellsbury and boras were not going to sign anything before he reached the market.  period

second, not sure JBJ, Doubie, Ranuado +1 would get it done.  More like Boggy, Owens, and Workman +1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Look, the Yankees are not going to be in trouble next year, or five years from now. Get real. They will keep using the same formula that has worked for many years. You can say that they "overpaid " , but they are making a nice profit. If you want the Sox to be a small market, small time Charley franchise, so be it. Keep watching our great " prospects " and always hoping for the future. And keep that moneyball attitude. We can always look for relief in the latest metrics stats. And we can always make excuses . I really can't understand that mentality. We have been beaten down so often over the years. Be aggressive.  Lose that underdog mentality. Try to stay on top. What is wrong with that? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look, the Yankees are not going to be in trouble next year, or five years from now. Get real. They will keep using the same formula that has worked for many years. You can say that they "overpaid " , but they are making a nice profit. If you want the Sox to be a small market, small time Charley franchise, so be it. Keep watching our great " prospects " and always hoping for the future. And keep that moneyball attitude. We can always look for relief in the latest metrics stats. And we can always make excuses . I really can't understand that mentality. We have been beaten down so often over the years. Be aggressive.  Lose that underdog mentality. Try to stay on top. What is wrong with that? 

[/QUOTE]

it's different

the literally have no farm and this year they have no first round picks

they have big money tied up in guys; most of who are in declining years

and their ticket sales are down

they have pushed as far as they can

Sox have a nice farm and we have seen guys like Boggy and Workman make big contributions in Oct last year

As long as Ben doesn't turn us into the A's we'll be fine - I like the hybrid model and the 7/142 deals have too much risk

This is the best I have seen it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's different

Sox have a nice farm and we have seen guys like Boggy and Workman make big contributions in Oct last year

As long as Ben doesn't turn us into the A's we'll be fine - I like the hybrid model and the 7/142 deals have too much risk

[/QUOTE]

We lost three out of four. To me, this was not a shock. The Yankees went out and improved their team. We did not. You and I may not like it, but it is a reality. The truth is that the Yankees have the wherewithal to do this over and over and over  again. We can salivate about our prospects and how the Yankees have overpaid, but that does  not win ball games. This has gone on for so long that it is ridiculous to think it will change any time soon. This is why we hate them. But this is also why they will always be the team to beat. We can be satisfied with an occasional triumph, but we should be more aggressive in trying to stay on top. I honestly am not seeing that at present. Not in the front office and not on the field. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To keep it all in perspective, we are still just two games out with 149 to go. Just have to start playing better ball. And get our injured guys back. I am concerned that Pedroia is going to be out for a while...that will make it tougher

[/QUOTE]

I like to say it this way, PG; the SOX can still lose 62 more games and make the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

And the Rays can lose 60.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ge=reat to c the game thread being used again as intended by God and mr. henry!

I thought commies were atheists.

[/QUOTE]

lol, thats y i'm a CONTRARIAN or opposite of a Commy. i actually hate Commys.. incl the mods here when they used to take that tude. thats where it started. my handle was once Commy-Moderator...

[/QUOTE]

correct, you can't be a commie or collectivist or totalitarian or a liberal or even a democrat and believe in God because your government is your God and the Most High

[/QUOTE]

The scary part is that with the present administration is trying to take this country to the realms of communism.

[/QUOTE]

really do u even know what commmunism is? putin=communism... is obama anywhere near that? does he have those powers? i'm sure a true commy would have cut the mike of rush, o'reilley and others by now like in RUSSIA. all your funders would b in jail by now LIKE in RUSSIA with assets seized like in RUSSIA.. if obama had a different pigment, he would b considered a conservative democrat on most issues. he's as corporate a dem as u will ever get any time soon. u wait til hillary gets there.. you will b begging for the good old capitalist days of obama.. have the rich ever been better in this great nation? get out of the right wing sand and breathe just a lil!

[/QUOTE]

You need to read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and understand that communism is the total control of the economy by the govnernment....it's a form of collectivism where the individual has no rights, everything is done for the good of society even if some individuals suffer.  this is obama at the core

[/QUOTE]

again, how do you explain the richest NON-GOVERNMENT private sector making mo $ than at at anytime in history.. its never been better to b rich and in the private sector. have u seen the stock market lately? have u seen fortune 50 profits? have u seen the explosion in stratups and funding incl crowdfunding? bama just signed a bill that bushy and others incl reagan wouldnt sign or even propose ending the ban on regular folks to fund startups. no longer have to b an accredited investor to do so.. up to 100k, no biggie! thats a communist? i work with startups, being a capitalist has NEVER been better in US. being poor or middle class, has never been worse for the rich are gourging!

[/QUOTE]

because there is no more FREE MARKET

it's a controlled market; controlled by the government

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

If you think Obama is going to help the middle class you are dreaming. He has done nothing to help them but bs'd them like he has for the last 5 years. Cut the military back, keep the pipeline out of the United States, alienate all our allies, gut the missle defense out of Europe and reneg on agreements to protect Ukraine, Poland, and Czecheslovokia. Yeah Putin is scared of Obama. not !

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I miss those enlightened days under George W.

[/QUOTE]

wasnt he prez when putin marched into GEORGIA without a peeeep?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Cheney was the POTUS, George was his dummy.

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability.

[/QUOTE]

What in the wild, wild world of sports does ANY of this have to do with tonight's game?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing but the Red Sox are so awful, anything else to talk about has to be sufficient. What aggravates me is that management did not go after a hitter in the off season but people on this board will give them a pass because everything came together last year and David Ortiz carried this team on his back last year. Is management giving breaks to fans this year in ticket prices, concessions, and parking because they won the World Series last year ?

[/QUOTE]

what would you had liked Ben to do?  I suggested Trumbo but was that dis'ed....not sure there were any options better than what we are doing now all things considered of course.

[/QUOTE]

He should have done something other than rely on Nava to play so far over his head last year, thinking he could do it again this year and over estimating Jackie Bradley Junior who is striking out quite a bit lately in case anyone notices. Imagine if they had not gotten lucky with Grady Sizemore, we would probably be looking for our first win still. Letting Ellsbury go was another blunder without replacing his bat as well as Saltalamachia's.

[/QUOTE]

you still did not make any reasonable suggestions

[/QUOTE]

Resign Ellsbury or if not trade for Stanton. But stop relying on cheaper salaried rookies which management seems to place a lot of value on than established players. BTW love Xavier but question putting two rookies into the starting lineup with JBJ who is not ready yet.

[/QUOTE]

Ells is not worh the 22-23m per he got. Stanton wasnt realistic this year without emptying the farm, which wasnt an option and I agree with that decision.

relax. sometimes you need to take a step back before taking 2 steps forward. We have 4 big injuries right now As well, With Koji, Pedey, Middy, and Vic. Its still early April. Plenty if baseball left to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

it's different

We lost three out of four. To me, this was not a shock. The Yankees went out and improved their team. We did not. You and I may not like it, but it is a reality. The truth is that the Yankees have the wherewithal to do this over and over and over  again. We can salivate about our prospects and how the Yankees have overpaid, but that does  not win ball games. This has gone on for so long that it is ridiculous to think it will change any time soon. This is why we hate them. But this is also why they will always be the team to beat. We can be satisfied with an occasional triumph, but we should be more aggressive in trying to stay on top. I honestly am not seeing that at present. Not in the front office and not on the field. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they spend the money we did not. We are going to rely on cheaper players mainly farm team and hope for the best. Luchinno is at the helm with the purse strings. He is still patting himself on the back for last year when this team seriously over achieved. Staying with that mentality, they figured the same thing would happen this year and it looks like the team, hitting wise came back to earth. I know they have injuries but who knows if Middlebrooks is going to be better than he was last year and Victorino is going to replicate what he did last year. On this note that offer to Lester was lowballed. Can't they ever pay the player like he deserves to be or are we going to see Lester in pinstripes next year ?

I have to question the rush to sign Dustin Pedroia when he was still under contract and the bigger loss was Ellsbury who was an impending free agent. What was the plan if you lost his production as well as Saltalamachia ? They should have gotten Ellsbury signed during the season after all you made those crazy contracts to Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez prior to 2011. Then I would have traded for Stanton a good young hitter. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it's different

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they spend the money we did not. We are going to rely on cheaper players mainly farm team and hope for the best. Luchinno is at the helm with the purse strings. He is still patting himself on the back for last year when this team seriously over achieved. Staying with that mentality, they figured the same thing would happen this year and it looks like the team, hitting wise came back to earth. I know they have injuries but who knows if Middlebrooks is going to be better than he was last year and Victorino is going to replicate what he did last year. On this note that offer to Lester was lowballed. Can't they ever pay the player like he deserves to be or are we going to see Lester in pinstripes next year ?

I have to question the rush to sign Dustin Pedroia when he was still under contract and the bigger loss was Ellsbury who was an impending free agent. What was the plan if you lost his production as well as Saltalamachia ? They should have gotten Ellsbury signed during the season after all you made those crazy contracts to Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez prior to 2011. Then I would have traded for Stanton a good young hitter. 

[/QUOTE]

One more time....

Boras and Ellsbury were NOT signing a contract before testing FA. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol.  ever hear of a guy called scott boras??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How did that work out??

why not just trade for trout or harper while your at it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it me, or are they singing Ellsburys praises more now that he's in pinstripes? 

[/QUOTE] it's definitely you!! :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   3m

Farrell: “On the heels of [Saturday], it’s hard to have any faith in the system to be honest with you.”

Farrell: “You would think that video replay would be conclusive. … Unfortunately we were on the wrong side of it both times.”

[/QUOTE] this thing is quickly becoming a cluster**@#

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Is it me, or are they singing Ellsburys praises more now that he's in pinstripes? 

it's definitely you!! :-)

Maybe, but I dont recall all the fawning, to that extent. It almost as if, well, the NYY gave him the big contract, so he must be that good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I dont recall all the fawning 

[/QUOTE] just bustin, but it doesn't really matter...to me,he was a  good player then, a change of laundry shouldn't make you less of what you've always been.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it's definitely you!! :-)

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I dont recall all the fawning, to that extent. It almost as if, well, the NYY gave him the big contract, so he must be that good

[/QUOTE] J, your point was fine w/o the edit..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol, thats y i'm a CONTRARIAN or opposite of a Commy. i actually hate Commys.. incl the mods here when they used to take that tude. thats where it started. my handle was once Commy-Moderator...

[/QUOTE]

correct, you can't be a commie or collectivist or totalitarian or a liberal or even a democrat and believe in God because your government is your God and the Most High

[/QUOTE]

The scary part is that with the present administration is trying to take this country to the realms of communism.

[/QUOTE]

really do u even know what commmunism is? putin=communism... is obama anywhere near that? does he have those powers? i'm sure a true commy would have cut the mike of rush, o'reilley and others by now like in RUSSIA. all your funders would b in jail by now LIKE in RUSSIA with assets seized like in RUSSIA.. if obama had a different pigment, he would b considered a conservative democrat on most issues. he's as corporate a dem as u will ever get any time soon. u wait til hillary gets there.. you will b begging for the good old capitalist days of obama.. have the rich ever been better in this great nation? get out of the right wing sand and breathe just a lil!

[/QUOTE]

You need to read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto and understand that communism is the total control of the economy by the govnernment....it's a form of collectivism where the individual has no rights, everything is done for the good of society even if some individuals suffer.  this is obama at the core

[/QUOTE]

again, how do you explain the richest NON-GOVERNMENT private sector making mo $ than at at anytime in history.. its never been better to b rich and in the private sector. have u seen the stock market lately? have u seen fortune 50 profits? have u seen the explosion in stratups and funding incl crowdfunding? bama just signed a bill that bushy and others incl reagan wouldnt sign or even propose ending the ban on regular folks to fund startups. no longer have to b an accredited investor to do so.. up to 100k, no biggie! thats a communist? i work with startups, being a capitalist has NEVER been better in US. being poor or middle class, has never been worse for the rich are gourging!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

If you think Obama is going to help the middle class you are dreaming. He has done nothing to help them but bs'd them like he has for the last 5 years. Cut the military back, keep the pipeline out of the United States, alienate all our allies, gut the missle defense out of Europe and reneg on agreements to protect Ukraine, Poland, and Czecheslovokia. Yeah Putin is scared of Obama. not !

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability.

[/QUOTE]

Succession is what I am backing; anything connected to the Federal Reserve or The District of Columbia, Incorporated is just pure evil and most states are just as tyranical these days... NH and ME and NC and TX have discussed it seriously...

[/QUOTE]

I think that america is in big trouble on many fronts.  George soros, the guy who loves to cripple economies, is working very hard to take ours down.  His money is behind many of the progressive organizations.

I agree that we are heading in the wrong direction and yes there are progressives in the democrat and republican parties.  But the last thing we should do is divide our country because united we stand, divided we fall.

Progresives would love to have the usa become like europe then it would be easy to take total control.  The rulers in the EU are appointed, not elected. Yes our elected officials in washington are doing a terrible job but there is still a glimmer of hope for 2014 and 2016.

If we continue down this road, with progressives in control of washington, the main steam press and the judicial branch of our local government we are in big trouble as a nation.  Even then I don't think spliting off into individual countries will help.

Comparing bush and obama is a smoke screen.  Progressives love to do this so the spotlight is taken off obama and his failed presidency. What bush did and didn't do right is in the past and no matter how hard you hope for a better past it won't change what happened.

We need to focus on the here and now.  What can we do now to make the future better for our children and grandchildren.  Comparing presidents just doesn't cut it.

Hillary clinton has proudly called herself a progressive.  If she is elected I fear there is little hope of getting our country back on track.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I dont recall all the fawning 

[/QUOTE] just bustin, but it doesn't really matter...to me,he was a  good player then, a change of laundry shouldn't make you less of what you've always been.. 

[/QUOTE]

Who said he was less? My post was in reference to the ESPN commentators. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability and Putin was scared of him.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't believe the political posts on this sports forum...I'd like add my $.02 cents.

It is an enigma to me that an intelligent person, not many of the 47 million on welfare or people on welfare in 35 states where it pays more than the minimum wage, can't stand any criticism of our present administration and I fail to understand the mind set of these people.  Can so many be so brainwashed that they can't see what is happening to our country!  Many polls now are over 50% that our country is heading in the wrong direction. We won't have to leave the USA to go to soon to be socialized Western Europe of Belgium, France, England, Germany, Spain as we are becoming Russia, bit by bit.  NSA, IRS, immigration problems, news government media, free speech being harnessed, Christianity/Religion being tested at every turn, our health care system still in an unresolved mess , division at every level , poverty increasing, work force decreasing, welfare & food stamps increasing etc. " And as a former Marine, it is disheartening to see our Military being targeted to be below WW2 manpower. Does our administration feel that only peaceful negotiaton will resolve issues...I think Putin understands more a display of force.

[/QUOTE]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   3m

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help that it was against the yanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Anyway, back to baseball, since this is allegedly a baseball board: Ellsbury was a massive loss, which even those who downplayed his significance are now seeing. But there's no way the Sox should have sacrificed their future by trying to outspend the Yankees to keep him.

I didn't expect the Sox to repeat, which is really hard these days, but they should be a solid team when everybody gets healthy. Whenever that will be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Succession is what I am backing; anything connected to the Federal Reserve or The District of Columbia, Incorporated is just pure evil and most states are just as tyranical these days... NH and ME and NC and TX have discussed it seriously...

[/QUOTE]

I think that america is in big trouble on many fronts.  George soros, the guy who loves to cripple economies, is working very hard to take ours down.  His money is behind many of the progressive organizations.

I agree that we are heading in the wrong direction and yes there are progressives in the democrat and republican parties.  But the last thing we should do is divide our country because united we stand, divided we fall.

Progresives would love to have the usa become like europe then it would be easy to take total control.  The rulers in the EU are appointed, not elected. Yes our elected officials in washington are doing a terrible job but there is still a glimmer of hope for 2014 and 2016.

If we continue down this road, with progresives in control of washington, the main steam press and the judicial branch of our local government we are in big trouble as a nation.  Even then I don't think spliting off into individual countries will help.

Comparing bush and obama is a smoke screen.  Progressives love to do this so the spotlight is taken of obama and his failed presidency. What bush did and didn't do right is in the past and no matter how hard you hope for a better past it won't change what happened.

We need to focus on the here and now.  What can we do now to make the future better for our children and grandchildren.  Comparing presidents just doesn't cut it.

Hillary clinton has proudly called herself a progressive.  If she is elected I fear there is little hope of getting our country back on track.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, what this country needs is more christian fanatics in the house and senate. You know, those people who don't believe in science, but do believe in Noah's Ark.

Hate to ruin your day(not really), church lady, but I'll be voting for Hilary come 2016. Being that I'm not rich, bigoted or religious, there's nothing that the republicans can do for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two geniuses

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed

[/QUOTE]

Compared to this adminisitration I would welcome George Bush back, at least he had leadership ability and Putin was scared of him.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't believe the political posts on this sports forum...I'd like add my $.02 cents.

It is an enigma to me that an intelligent person, not many of the 47 million on welfare or people on welfare in 35 states where it pays more than the minimum wage, can't stand any criticism of our present administration and I fail to understand the mind set of these people.  Can so many be so brainwashed that they can't see what is happening to our country!  Many polls now are over 50% that our country is heading in the wrong direction. We won't have to leave the USA to go to soon to be socialized Western Europe of Belgium, France, England, Germany, Spain as we are becoming Russia, bit by bit.  NSA, IRS, immigration problems, news government media, free speech being harnessed, Christianity/Religion being tested at every turn, our health care system still in an unresolved mess , division at every level , poverty increasing, work force decreasing, welfare & food stamps increasing etc. " And as a former Marine, it is disheartening to see our Military being targeted to be below WW2 manpower. Does our administration feel that only peaceful negotiaton will resolve issues...I think Putin understands more a display of force.

[/QUOTE]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it looks like he hit the nail with your head.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

If we continue down this road, with progresives in control of washington, the main steam press and the judicial branch of our local government we are in big trouble as a nation.  Even then I don't think spliting off into individual countries will help.

Comparing bush and obama is a smoke screen.  Progressives love to do this so the spotlight is taken of obama and his failed presidency. What bush did and didn't do right is in the past and no matter how hard you hope for a better past it won't change what happened.

[/QUOTE]

riddle me this...when do you think we were headed in the "right direction"?

another one.....was the road better from 2000-2008?

Sections
Shortcuts