Gamethread Thursday 10:10 EST Red Sox at Oakland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Gamethread Thursday 10:10 EST Red Sox at Oakland

Beautiful Just enuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

A decent outing for Peavy.  Now take him out John.  Offense needs to get a few more runs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Excellent outing, but I agree, please no more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Better than talking medications

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Must get old to get mad or mad at yourself every day at work, but Jake was good tonight.. Too bad his backup group is the Little Hitters of the Poor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Can someone explain to me why Gomes is still starting on this team? He couldn't hit a beach ball and is below average defensively. This team is scoring runs at a patheticly low rate yet we continue to start the same ineffective players expecting something different. We need to deal for a big bat. The dodgers are reportedly willing to move any of their outfielders except puig, time for Ben c to work out a deal for kemp. He has really started to hit a lot better lately and appears to be regaining his form. Kemp can hit 3rd or 4th and play LF. We had interest before the season, now that he looks like he's healthy and hitting well, it's time to work out a deal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can someone explain to me why Gomes is still starting on this team? He couldn't hit a beach ball and is below average defensively. This team is scoring runs at a patheticly low rate yet we continue to start the same ineffective players expecting something different. We need to deal for a big bat. The dodgers are reportedly willing to move any of their outfielders except puig, time for Ben c to work out a deal for kemp. He has really started to hit a lot better lately and appears to be regaining his form. Kemp can hit 3rd or 4th and play LF. We had interest before the season, now that he looks like he's healthy and hitting well, it's time to work out a deal. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe Gomes has some compromising pictures of manager Farkell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Gomes is very exciting to watch as he pursues fly balls.  So many things can happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Looking at the box score, I see that NAPS(how appropriate) has a shot at a GOLDEN SOMBRERO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why in the world did Farrell let Peavy pitch in the 7th?  Dumb.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why in the world did Farrell let Peavy pitch in the 7th?  Dumb.

[/QUOTE]

How dare you second guess manager Farkell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Rally time. And you are right about Nap.. Great last night, but he owes us tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Capuana appears to be worse than Mujica. I'm sure Mujica is relieved to hear that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Btw, is Orsillo sharing his NO-DOZ pills with the ECK?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nap gives and takes away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

cya

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Peavy pitched pretty well tonight, but he will have to take the blame for the loss. As I predicted, the SOX scored 2 runs tonight and Jake didn't take advantage of that crooked number.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

For the umpteenth time this season, the SOX have more strike outs than hits. Another clue that this offense is non-existant.

In the mean time the SOX FO is in a panic. Someone misplaced Larry's car keys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Im so glad we bailed on signing Jose abreu so we could bring back Napoli......good to know that one of  our big right handed bats is not capable of hitting off an opposing left handed pitcher. 0-3 with 3 k's are you kidding me ? Then in the 9th with pedy on 2nd he fouls out first pitch. Again, I'm sure glad we didn't sign abreu, I mean this team has what 53 homers total, abreu has 20 and has missed some games. And he signed for what 4 years 48? And Napoli is making 16 per for 2 years. Good to know we paid more money for an older player who has not been that good since we got him and has a chronic hip condition. Oh and let's not forget, abreu is 27 I believe, so chances are he is only going to get better. But hey, we gotta stay away from those international free agents cuz u know since dice k didn't  overly work out, they all will be just like him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im so glad we bailed on signing Jose abreu so we could bring back Napoli......good to know that one of  our big right handed bats is not capable of hitting off an opposing left handed pitcher. 0-3 with 3 k's are you kidding me ? Then in the 9th with pedy on 2nd he fouls out first pitch. Again, I'm sure glad we didn't sign abreu, I mean this team has what 53 homers total, abreu has 20 and has missed some games. And he signed for what 4 years 48? And Napoli is making 16 per for 2 years. Good to know we paid more money for an older player who has not been that good since we got him and has a chronic hip condition. Oh and let's not forget, abreu is 27 I believe, so chances are he is only going to get better. But hey, we gotta stay away from those international free agents cuz u know since dice k didn't  overly work out, they all will be just like him. 

[/QUOTE]

That NAPS is making 16 mil/yr; I find that obscenely obscene.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yeh!   Must be JF's fault.  Why wouldn't he pinch hit the heavy hitting _____________ to replace the season long slumping..........  entire team.

NOBODY IS HITTING!!!!   Oh!  Pardon me!  Forgot about our slap hitting hot rookies.   

Don't get me wrong.  I love Holt & XB, but they are never going to carry this team.  We simply don't have the bats to score consistent runs.  PERIOD!  This is simply one of the weakest hitting RS teams I can remember.  The SO's are epic!

Nobody's fault.  We just suck!  PERIOD. No managerial moves can fix that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Two runs again. We will win maybe four games on this road trip, not that it matters any more. Bridge year folks.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeh!   Must be JF's fault.  Why wouldn't he pinch hit the heavy hitting _____________ to replace the season long slumping..........  entire team.

NOBODY IS HITTING!!!!   Oh!  Pardon me!  Forgot about our slap hitting hot rookies.   

Don't get me wrong.  I love Holt & XB, but they are never going to carry this team.  We simply don't have the bats to score consistent runs.  PERIOD!  This is simply one of the weakest hitting RS teams I can remember.  The SO's are epic!

Nobody's fault.  We just suck!  PERIOD. No managerial moves can fix that.

[/QUOTE]

Well we can't trade for / sign better players instead of signing old players on short term deals. It's really quite simple. We went cheap and got what we paid for. We sat back while others improved and thus we are 2nd to last in the division. Many of us saw this coming. How the FO didn't is beyond me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Tonight was the 10th time Peavy came out of the game either leading, tied or behind by one run. He has 1 win, the #RedSox 4 in those games

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess Cecchini will go back to AAA after the game and Dubront will be activated . Not sure what happens when Workman returns.  Maybe a reliever will be cut and an outfielder added. Guess it won't be Shane. Maybe Betts?  

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    #Redsox will option 3B Garin Cecchini to make room for LHP Felix Doubront being activated on Friday.