Gamethread Thursday LAA @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Thursday LAA @ Boston

#Red Sox:Holt 3B Pedroia 2B Nava RF Cespedes LF Craig DH Johnson 1B Bogaerts SS Betts CF Vazquez C De La Rosa P

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Gamethread Thursday LAA @ Boston

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#Red Sox:Holt 3B Pedroia 2B Nava RF Cespedes LF Craig DH Johnson 1B Bogaerts SS Betts CF Vazquez C De La Rosa P

[/QUOTE]  4 hits last night & the BIG GUY has tonight off ??   Whats up with that ??  Hope its not the "heel" again !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ortiz could be hurt, he was pinch hit for in the 9th last night...so would not be surprised if he did tweak something. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wow, that's thin.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz could be hurt, he was pinch hit for in the 9th last night...so would not be surprised if he did tweak something. 

[/QUOTE]

I read that Ortiz was removed due to "general soreness" and that he left the locker room last night without receiving and special physical treatment. 

I'm guessing they're just giving him a chance to rest while allowing Craig to DH and ease his way back in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In his last AB, the ESPN broadcasters said something about him not looking happy with one of his swings.  I thought maybe he tweaked his back a little, sort of like what happened before the Tampa series a month or so ago.  And he did not exactly take a big rip at the ball when he got that 4th hit.  OTHO, he was joking with Pujols at 1st, so who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  4 hits last night & the BIG GUY has tonight off ??   Whats up with that ??  Hope its not the "heel" again !!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

you didn't see him tagging at 2B on a FB to RF?  His heels are fine.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Where I live the MLB NETWORK is either going to present the BRAVES/REDS or the ANGELS/SOX this evening. It got me to thinking that, man, there's a ton of boring baseball teams out there. 

IMO, from an objective POV watching an extremely bad team like the SOX is more interesting than watching oatmeal teams like Atlanta and Cincinnati. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Ailing Craig will be playing his 2nd game for the SOX since August 1st. Hope he can hold up for this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Not that I miss him, but does anyone know where Napoli is?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Back spasms, day-to-day.  I knew you would not rest easy until you had this information.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

6 posters....3 for comedy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Where I live the MLB NETWORK is either going to present the BRAVES/REDS or the ANGELS/SOX this evening. It got me to thinking that, man, there's a ton of boring baseball teams out there. 

IMO, from an objective POV watching an extremely bad team like the SOX is more interesting than watching oatmeal teams like Atlanta and Cincinnati. 

I don't doubt that's true for a Red Sox fan, but to others today's Sox lineup is anything but exciting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

probably the weakest lineup they've trotted out there this season..agreed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Back spasms, day-to-day.  I knew you would not rest easy until you had this information.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Btw, I truly believe tonight's SOX line-up couldn't beat the Nevada little league team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't doubt that's true for a Red Sox fan, but to others today's Sox lineup is anything but exciting.

[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely a SOX fan, but, like the old adage says, when you're given a lemon, make lemonade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Lucky me. MLB network has chosen to show the Angels/SOX game in my area.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I'm not bragging, but I'm pretty good at math. My math tells me if the Angels score more than 3 runs, the SOX lose.

Hold on; I forgot Ortiz isn't playing tonight, so make that more than 2 runs and the SOX lose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cole Calhoun sounds like a good name for an outlaw in an old Western. Somebody the Sheriff is looking for.

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Unless RDLR can come up with 2 more pitches, his best place may be in the Bullpen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Excellent throw by CES.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That didn't take long. Losing already. Man does this team stink to high heaven.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cole Calhoun sounds like a good name for an outlaw in an old Western. Somebody the Sheriff is looking for.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Definitely reminds me of a wanted poster on GUNSMOKE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The Angel's pitcher looks awfully big to be a jockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Holt needs to steal and wake this team up.