Gamethread Thursday Matinee 12:30 Red Sox @ Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Thursday Matinee 12:30 Red Sox @ Toronto

#RedSox: Holt 2B, Victorino RF, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Bradley Jr. CF, Vazquez C, De La Rosa RHP.

Pitching: RHP Rubby De La Rosa (3-2, 2.64).

Pitching: RHP Marcus Stroman (5-2, 3.58).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Thursday Matinee 12:30 Red Sox @ Toronto

‏@PeteAbe
    This will be Holt’s first start at 2B this season. Will be first #RedSox player to have started at 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, RF, LF and CF in 1 season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Stat of the Day: David Ortiz has 455 home runs, 1,501 RBIs and 540 doubles. He is one of 10 players in history hit those levels. The others: Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Chipper Jones, Eddie Murray, Stan Musial, Rafael Palmeiro, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, and Dave Winfield.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

More Papi: Ortiz is 5 of 14 in the series with four homers, a double and eight RBIs. He is tied for fourth in the American League in homers and is fifth in RBIs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Other notes: The Sox have lost two straight and seek to split the series this afternoon before heading to Florida for a weekend series against the Rays. … Sox pitchers and allowed 12 earned runs on 21 hits and eight walks over 16 innings in the last two games. … The Sox have lost six of their last seven against the Blue Jays. … De La Rosa is making his first career start against Toronto. He is 2-0, 1.73 in his last four starts. De La Rosa has a 1.38 ERA and 0.89 WHIP in four starts at home and a 4.42 ERA and 1.36 WHIP in three starts on the road. … Stroman, a 23-year-old rookie, is 4-2, 2.50 in nine starts this season. … The Sox have homered in eight straight games. … Shane Victorino is 7 of 16 since coming off the disabled list. … Dustin Pedroia is 1 of his last 21, 2 of his last 24 since the break and 7 of his last 44.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

taking early bets on what is the top complaint today?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll go with the default; Drew is playing and hasn't been traded yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I can't believe Drew is in the lineup again, and now because of him Pedroia sits.  WHy isn't Drew on the bench and Holt over at SS????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like this lineup.  Pedey need a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

only 5 (five) kids are in the starting lineup.  all 10 should be 21 or younger.....

other names i have posted under:  none

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Glad to see that  J F  heard me yesterday calling for PEEDY to sit and "heal up"  !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I can't believe Pedroia is sitting...didn't he just get to sit for 4 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

#RedSox: Holt 2B, Victorino RF, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Bradley Jr. CF, Vazquez C, De La Rosa RHP.

Pitching: RHP Rubby De La Rosa (3-2, 2.64).

Pitching: RHP Marcus Stroman (5-2, 3.58).

now 2B??...Bugs Bunny Holt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Pedroia needs more than one day off; maybe 3 or after the Rays series. A sweep of the Rays is our only hope; (anything's possible in this screwy season). If they don't at least take 3 of their next 4 (and, thus, "history"), I would certainly bring Betts back, and see where he might fit, Also, Middlebrooks, with Bogaerts getting a LF try-out. I said in April that did not look like an infielder, was not quick enough, and should be given a shot at LF. Oodles of power, young, and will, one day, be in the middle of someone's line-up.

I would also trade Ross to someone in the race, and bring up the kid catcher from Portland. Let's have a competition for that spot.

Pitching? Peavy is a pretty good 4 innings pitcher. Use him that way. Doubrant wants out; you can see it all over him. Trade him, along with Buch, perhaps, and get 2 or 3 young AA or AAA pitchers.

There are 3 or 4 other kids in Portland and Pawtucket who should get some time after the September call-ups, if not before.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Stat of the Day: David Ortiz has 455 home runs, 1,501 RBIs and 540 doubles. He is one of 10 players in history hit those levels. The others: Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Chipper Jones, Eddie Murray, Stan Musial, Rafael Palmeiro, Albert Pujols, Manny Ramirez, and Dave Winfield.

[/QUOTE]

without digging into the #'s, I'm inclined to say that Ortiz is a better hitter than Phat Albert.  of course, something tells me the stats will say otherwise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go Jays ????

[/QUOTE]

Boo!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Go Jays ????

[/QUOTE]

Not yet, B, but maybe soon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Go Jays ????

[/QUOTE]

Not when they're playing us.

Not yet, B, but maybe soon

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Holt doesn't fall apart from all this position jockeying, it will be a great achievement for him. I think his average will start to suffer due to his constant movement from position to position. Farrell thinks this a joke, it's not. Holt's best position may be RF, but how will he get good at any position if he has to switch every game and play 4 positions in a week. It's nuts. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Retweeted by Pete Abraham Blue Jays-Official @BlueJays  ·  50m
    Today's @BlueJays lineup: Reyes-SS Cabrera-LF Bautista-RF Navarro-C Johnson-DH Kawasaki-3B Francisco-1B Goins-2B Gose-CF Stroman-P

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pedey i guess could use a day off but i wonder if that really would chill him out or make him more anxious and agitated when he does come back trying to make things happen....

As always - 100% correct!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

lol would you believe that is the first time in my life I have made a joke like that..... honest. I just finally have come to that point.... there is nothing wrong with jettisoning 100% of the players who will not be here in 2016...... I am still happy with the WSC, and it buys my patience for this year.

[/QUOTE]

There's something wrong with it if it results in the team stinking again next year.  This team needs a few upgrades, not the wrecking ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Wrecking ball? Napoli, Uehara, Carp, Gomes, and Lester do not constitute a wrecking ball.... 

[/QUOTE]

Victorino?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Heck, trade Ortiz and Pedey too while you're at it.  In fact trade or release everybody on the 25-man roster.  Clean house, baby.  Out with the old and in with the new.  TRANSFORMATION! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Holt doesn't fall apart from all this position jockeying, it will be a great achievement for him. I think his average will start to suffer due to his constant movement from position to position. Farrell thinks this a joke, it's not. Holt's best position may be RF, but how will he get good at any position if he has to switch every game and play 4 positions in a week. It's nuts. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

K, lemme know when he starts to suffer from all the jockeying.  

Sections
Shortcuts