Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Baltimore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Baltimore

wonder why workman was taken out after only 67 pitches? this was his chance to finally pitch deep into a game and farrell yanked him. I mean I guess the case can be made for bringing in miller to face davis, but what kind of message does that send to workman? You have to trust your starter, or he might as well not be starting. Who knows, maybe workman would have gone on to pitch a shutout. But I guess we will never know. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I'm glad they eked out a win.  But being shutout by Bud Norris & scoring 1 run against Tillman is a pathetic offensive showing to say the least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Drew stank the place out last year so why would anyone expect him to come in blazing hot? Bradley needs to refine his swing, Sizemore hadn't played baseball in Two years, If he ever finds his stroke they found a nice piece. However the only true star on this team to this date is Brock Holt. If they ever take him out of the lineup the manager should be taken out back and be fired for his efforts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm glad they eked out a win.  But being shutout by Bud Norris & scoring 1 run against Tillman is a pathetic offensive showing to say the least.

[/QUOTE]

ya no doubt, I was thinking the same thing. If we can’t hit those 2 hard, who can we hit? I don’t know how ben can sit back and do nothing for too much longer. We need a LF. Nava, gomes, sizemore are not the answer. Playing brock holt in LF is not the answer. (he is a 2B in reality, could play 3rd) We need a middle of the order bat. Our 3,4, 5 hitters are currently hitting .267, .251 and .267, thats brutal. Out of our 9 hitters tonight, only 3 are over .267. Thats a problem. Combine that with our rotation being very mediocre this year, and its easy to see why we are struggling. We desperately need 2 things, 1) a #2 starter behind lester 2) a middle of the order bat that plays LF. Not the easiest holes to fill, but there are guys out there who can help. Jeff Samardzija would be a solid #2 and is under control for the rest of this year and next season. David Price is likely going to be the other big name pitcher available, but the chances of him being dealt to the sox is next to 0. In terms of big bats, the options aren’t looking overly great. I think that its safe to say stanton won’t be dealt, so kemp and carlos gonzalez would be the top 2 available most likely. Either would fit, both come with risks, and both are already on long term deals. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wonder why workman was taken out after only 67 pitches? this was his chance to finally pitch deep into a game and farrell yanked him. I mean I guess the case can be made for bringing in miller to face davis, but what kind of message does that send to workman? You have to trust your starter, or he might as well not be starting. Who knows, maybe workman would have gone on to pitch a shutout. But I guess we will never know. 

[/QUOTE]

Rain delays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed..though it seemed like there were more hits last night..but still no offensive love with RISP. Glad to see Napoli back to give the middle of the lineup a boost. The veterans have to step it up. They can't keep allowing Holt to carry this offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox will score double digits today.

[/QUOTE]

by double digits i meant......1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox will score double digits today.

by double digits i meant......1

[/QUOTE]

that is a crooked number and the loneliest number.

Sections
Shortcuts