Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Minnesota

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Minnesota

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

And Ortiz does it again. Just tied Jim Rice for 3rd place in #RedSox history with 382 HRs

The best hitter that I have ever seen.  He should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

If David can get 4 more at bats, the SOX have a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

man the Mets really stink but they are still better than the yankees

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dice K in for the Mets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I'm not sure SOX fans have any right to dis any other team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

sure we do, for starters we are the defending world champs

2nd, it's easy to see we are a couple of tweaks away from being good but teams like the mets and yankees are flawed beyond repair any time soon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dice K got it done

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Illinisoxfan. Show Illinisoxfan's posts

Peavy stunk it up tonight.  Like they say,"Momentum is as good as the next day's starting pitcher."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Illinisoxfan's comment:

Peavy stunk it up tonight.  Like they say,"Momentum is as good as the next day's starting pitcher."

he's been good though so far this year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I just wish the Red Sox would get some momentum and win about 4 in a row but it does not look like it tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I hear ya

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tigers gonna beat the O's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

2nd, it's easy to see we are a couple of tweaks away from being good but teams like the mets and yankees are flawed beyond repair any time soon

Andrew, you're a great SOX fan, but, seriously, a couple of tweaks? Our lineup has more holes than Swiss cheese and our SP is 3 guys whose 1st name starts with 'J.'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Andrew, you're a great SOX fan, but, seriously, a couple of tweaks? Our lineup has more holes than Swiss cheese and our SP is 3 guys whose 1st name starts with 'J.'

Our offense is missing one big bat.  Believe me, one big bat to bat behind Ortiz or Naps would completely change the complexion of the offense.

The defense - we need to do some shifting - I am not liking our D at SS and 3B

Starting Pitching:  we have 3 good starters including one Ace - maybe a CY Winner this year.  That's far better than 90% of the teams and in a different universe than either of the ny teams

Our Pen is Solid too

And we have some decent looking arms to call up from the minors

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Our offense is missing one big bat.  Believe me, one big bat to bat behind Ortiz or Naps would completely change the complexion of the offense.

The defense - we need to do some shifting - I am not liking our D at SS and 3B

Starting Pitching:  we have 3 good starters including one Ace - maybe a CY Winner this year.  That's far better than 90% of the teams and in a different universe than either of the ny teams

Our Pen is Solid too

And we have some decent looking arms to call up from the minors

I forgot about the left side of our infield. Hard to keep track of all the future repairs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Ortiz is having a great week tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Not that the standings much matter on May 13. But if the #RedSox figure out a way to win this game they’ll be a half-game out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gordon Edes
    ‏@GordonEdes
    That was first pickoff of Tazawa's career

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Not that the standings much matter on May 13. But if the #RedSox figure out a way to win this game they’ll be a half-game out.

Standings always matter. They help give us a false sense of security.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Many here noticed that David had put on a few extra pounds this year and were concerned. It appears David realized he was going to have to carry the team this year and to do that, he would have to be bigger. Tonight's a perfect example.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Middlebrooks cost us this game by not getting to Suzuki's ground ball. Most 3B make that play. Next guy hits a HR. He is now batting .197. He is a BUM, and there aren't many BUMS playing in the majors. He needs to go away immediately.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Middlebrooks cost us this game by not getting to Suzuki's ground ball. Most 3B make that play. Next guy hits a HR. He is now batting .197. He is a BUM, and there aren't many BUMS playing in the majors. He needs to go away immediately.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

The SOX will have to make it look like an accident.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Also PG, I hate to disagree, but there are a lot of BUMS playing in the majors. Too many teams, too few quality players equals BUM infestation. It's also true in the other major sports.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You don't want to get into those sudden-death, walk off situations on the road. It often does not end well. I can't blame Miller. He has been pitching very well. One mistake there, but the whole problem with these situations is that you cannot afford even that. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You don't want to get into those sudden-death, walk off situations on the road. It often does not end well. I can't blame Miller. He has been pitching very well. One mistake there, but the whole problem with these situations is that you cannot afford even that. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Well, the SOX did make a game of it, so there's that, at least.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Holt cant be worse, heck I'd even bring up Mookie for a couple of weeks 2 more hits tonite and 2 stolen bases.  He has 17 for the year, and the whole Sox squad has eleven

Sections
Shortcuts