Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Minnesota

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Minnesota

Unless some major changes are implemented, this team will struggle to play .500 ball. I don't think this is breaking news. But, WTH, as long as the other teams in the AL East suck, the SOX FO doesn't have to panic too quickly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

I was on the side of giving WMB a longer leash but it's just about at the end. He looks lost at the plate and his fielding isn't helping to offset his lack of offense as it is in Bradley's case.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

I was on the side of giving WMB a longer leash but it's just about at the end. He looks lost at the plate and his fielding isn't helping to offset his lack of offense as it is in Bradley's case.  

It's not that complicated; hell, I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn. Just send him down. Bring another sacrifice up, Holt preferably. If he stinks up the place, 2nd verse same as the 1st. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

TOUGH LOSS!    GREAT COME FROM BEHIND!!!   

GLAD PEAVY AT LEAST GOT THE BAILOUT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

And Ortiz does it again. Just tied Jim Rice for 3rd place in #RedSox history with 382 HRs

# 2 was smoked..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

TOUGH LOSS!    GREAT COME FROM BEHIND!!!   

GLAD PEAVY AT LEAST GOT THE BAILOUT

didn't look like a bad pitch by Miller, Parmalee pratically took that ball off his ankles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pierzynski struck out 3 times and left 6 guys on.  The Sox scored 6 runs, which should have been enough to win and certainly no reason to scapegoat Middlebrooks.  The biggest problem with last night was Peavy, who basically only threw two pitches, a fast ball and a cut fast ball.  And Miller, good as he is, also kept throwing heat.  It--the gopher ball to lose the game-- was a low pitch, 96 mph I think, and the batter was looking for it.  Uehara has an 88 mph, occasionally an 89 mph fast ball, but he mixes it with that splitter so well that the hitters always seem to be surprised.  Uehara has the highest K rate on the team with basically two pitches.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I have no quarrel with Middy's play in the 9th.  He was playing what teams play in that situation - the "No Doubles" defense with the 3B guarding the line.  That opens up a hole between 3B & SS, which is where the ball went.  ..it happens.

HOWEVER...  something has to be done -and soon- regarding this team's offense at 3B.  Is there anyone here who believes you can have a corner IF hitting below the Mendoza line and be successful?  Brock Holt may not be THE answer bur right now he looks like AN answer. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Holt cant be worse, heck I'd even bring up Mookie for a couple of weeks 2 more hits tonite and 2 stolen bases.  He has 17 for the year, and the whole Sox squad has eleven

To steal bases, one has to actually get on base.  Assuming he can make the adjustment to MLB after one whole MONTH at AA, where does Betts play?  He's never played 3rd, at least professionally.

Sections
Shortcuts