1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ NYY

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

sweet caroline,cubbies "take me out to the ballgame".. r r much more appropriate ballgame FARE!

"Freedom to be = less THEISM, more SEX AND startup CAPITALISM....while speaking truth to power, jabronis +blind traditions!

@Free_UB

[/QUOTE]

Sweet Caroline is a song about Kennedy's daughter. Isn't that a little political? Or is that a stretch?

[/QUOTE]
    not really! no reference about politics specifically.i could have written a song called sweet jenna Bush and still not care about GOP or Bush.. the 2 are not necessarily correlated

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You are one continuous steaming pile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Seeing as how the Yankee fans are booing David, wouldn't it be justified for the SOX fans to boo Jeter when he makes his last appearance at Fenway? Or you could just BOO my post.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Im sick of all the hero worship. I might not boo him, but I'm sure as heck not going to stand and cheer him either, this guy is a YANKEE. This is one thing I actually agree with the Goofy Genius about. It's dumb, and so was all the Rivera crap. You think these people in Ny are gonna cheer Ortiz his last go round? Good luck with that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Joe Kelly’s line: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K, 1 HR. 102/61. In line for his first win with the #RedSox

[/QUOTE]
    lol, how come u never post info from @commyConSox? he often has nice tidbits esp at gameTime for national games.. u feel moi? btw, Middlebrooks will b a much better playa with a Pittsburgh or Houston.. just not big lights guy!

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A.  Mookie doesn't have the arm to play third

2.  Since 9/11 they have sung GBA during the stretch in the boogie down

III.  U cannot get tossed in a game this big.  The manager -yea...but not a player.

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

Just curious; what symbol would you have used if there were 4 answers?

[/QUOTE]
    so if we wont look at trading pedy and we get Stanton, what becomes of mookie? believe Rumsey has played some 3rd.. interesting! either betts or Rumsey will b at third next year! we r watching the end of mr. dell.. I have a feelin that dealio will also b ending right around the time she starts walking into those nfl locker rooms and soon realizes she has better and bigger options!

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Wow! Talk about a basement having a cellar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7th inning to honor America in da Bronx.. y the heck do we do this? its a baseball game, not a jingoistic political gathering!

"Freedom to be = less THEISM, more SEX AND startup CAPITALISM....while speaking truth to power, jabronis +blind traditions!

@Free_UB

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]
    yep, the name calling, so typical of ur kind.. have I name-called those in favor of their patriotic public displays of affection? we can disagree, and still debate.. the fact is I'm not the only 1 who feels this way. I don't like public displays of religion and patriotism in non-religious or non-political contexts and settings.. we aren't all idiots, just as those in favor aren't idiots either.. time to stop this msnbc/fox news approach to discourse, very infantile and unbecoming!

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7th inning to honor America in da Bronx.. y the heck do we do this? its a baseball game, not a jingoistic political gathering!

@Free_UB

[object HTMLDivElement]

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]
    yep, the name calling, so typical of ur kind.. have I name-called those in favor of their patriotic public displays of affection? we can disagree, and still debate.. the fact is I'm not the only 1 who feels this way. I don't like public displays of religion and patriotism in non-religious or non-political contexts and settings.. we aren't all idiots, just as those in favor aren't idiots either.. time to stop this msnbc/fox news approach to discourse, very infantile and unbecoming!

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Blithering Idiot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And Middlebrooks stands there and looks at another pitch right down the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seeing as how the Yankee fans are booing David, wouldn't it be justified for the SOX fans to boo Jeter when he makes his last appearance at Fenway? Or you could just BOO my post.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Im sick of all the hero worship. I might not boo him, but I'm sure as heck not going to stand and cheer him either, this guy is a YANKEE. This is one thing I actually agree with the Goofy Genius about. It's dumb, and so was all the Rivera crap. You think these people in Ny are gonna cheer Ortiz his last go round? Good luck with that

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. And the Jeter still owes NY state, where I live, 5 million smackeroos. Contemporary baseball players are not heroes. They're well paid entertainers playing a kid's game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They can evaluate all they want, but enough is enough. He's completely lost and all they are doing is making it worse. Send him to Pawtucket for the playoffs. Let him play in AAA and bring up Cecchini.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Middle brooks having a very calm mental breakdown

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. And the Jeter still owes NY state, where I live, 5 million smackeroos. Contemporary baseball players are not heroes. They're well paid entertainers playing a kid's game. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not to mention being a "major league" womanizer who got nailed for bagging the same chic twice and not even remembering who she was. Some of these guys are upstanding citizens that you could point your kid to, some of them are dirtbags in a pretty package. Cue CC in 3,2,1..."It's not their job to be examples, they're just guys like anyone else, they have their fun.." BS. It's EVERY man's responsibility to do the right thing and be a man, especially those in the public eye. That's the trouble with all these dirtbag polititians, no matter party affiliation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They can evaluate all they want, but enough is enough. He's completely lost and all they are doing is making it worse. Send him to Pawtucket for the playoffs. Let him play in AAA and bring up Cecchini.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

"Jenny, Jenny on my mind...."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Looks like Bogey is getting out of his long slump. If he can have a great September, he'll answer a lot of off season questions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Koji nearing the end. Add closer to the shopping list for next year. If he was an engine, I'd say it was rebuild time soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

key appearance for koji.. one more disaster appearance and you have to shut him down.. either way, we cant risk paying him 15m for one year.. wont tnder him, offer a 1 year 10m take it or leave it deal.. withpromise to not use him more than back to back per week in reg season.. this is concerning as he smashes into 40!

@Free_UB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Koji nearing the end. Add closer to the shopping list for next year. If he was an engine, I'd say it was rebuild time soon.

[/QUOTE]

Koji will be fine. He was due for a bad stretch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think they just need to shut him down, Exam. He'll be good to go next season 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

good koji came in with 31 Ks in 18 innings! not sure what to make of him! btw, braves got shut out again.. heads will ROLL! imagine being their fan base?

@Free_UB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Koji will be fine. He was due for a bad stretch.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'd be more inclined to agree if he was 26.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Yankees lose. Theeeeeeeeee Yankees lose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That little guy pretty much exemplifies the whole RED SOX season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

A.  Mookie doesn't have the arm to play third

2.  Since 9/11 they have sung GBA during the stretch in the boogie down

III.  U cannot get tossed in a game this big.  The manager -yea...but not a player.

[/QUOTE]

Just curious; what symbol would you have used if there were 4 answers?

[/QUOTE]

Fore.  That is the symbol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@Free_UB

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

his statement sure was idiotic

nothing political about it

that's not to say that I'm not a little tired of it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In an interview after the game Gardner said he was tossed before he said anything to the ump. Apparently, Brett is not aware that when you slam your bat and helmet down, you're automatically tossed.

Sections
Shortcuts