Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Toronto

GAME 100!

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Victorino RF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C and Peavy RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Red Sox @ Toronto

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  26m
    Daniel Nava .350/.429/.398 since June 4 (34 games, 119 plate appearances). Back in 2013 form.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  34m Jackie Bradley Jr. since June 19 (23 games): .321/.369/.397. OPS from .583 to .632. #redsox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  1h
    #RedSox team slugging percentage was .367 on July 8 and .378 now. League average .396.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Starting the "Farrell is an idiot" posts in 3...,2...,1...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·   Ortiz hit his 452 HRs in 2,065 games and 7,410 ABs. Yaz played 3,308 games and had 11,988 ABs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i cant remember from the other thread but assuming Tor is throwing a lefty today....

other names i have posted under:  none

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I'll start....ROSS!!..Why isn't Vazquez catching?! He's young, he can catch two games in a row?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll start....ROSS!!..Why isn't Vazquez catching?! He's young, he can catch two games in a row?

[/QUOTE]

And Farrell is going to ruin JBJ, when he's finally starting to hit!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Ross was supposed to start yesterday, but Farrell decided to give Ross a breather. So he'll catch tonight's game, and Vazquez will catch the next two games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

GAME 100!

#RedSox: Holt CF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Victorino RF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C and Peavy RHP

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I like this lineup. I guess Farrell thinks the team is tired from wacking the Jays around last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

BLUE JAYS (51-49)

Pitching: LHP J.A. Happ (7-5, 4.91).

Game time: 7:07 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

Red Sox vs. Happ: Gomes 3-15, Pedroia 4-10, Victorino 1-6, Drew 2-6, Napoli 3-6, Ortiz 0-4, Ross 0-5, Bradley 1-4, Bogaerts 0-2, Carp 1-1, Holt 1-2, Nava 0-1. 

Blue Jays vs. Peavy: Reyes 6-24, Bautista 4-20, Cabrera 6-14, Rasmus 1-9, Navarro 1-6, Francisco 2-3, Gose 0-2, Johnson 0-2, Kawasaki 0-2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Stat of the Day: Ortiz is 109 of 404 at the Rogers Centre in 105 career games, a pedestrian (for him) ,270. But 31 of the hits have been doubles and 35 of them home runs. Among visiting players, only Alex Rodriguez (36) has more home runs at the park.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Other notes: The Sox have won five straight and eight of nine. They are 7.5 games out of first, having picked up three games over the last nine. … Peavy’s only win this season was at Toronto on April 25. He allowed one run over seven innings. He is 0-8, 5.21 in 14 starts since but has a 2.84 ERA in his last three starts. The Sox have averaged 3.1 runs in his starts this season. … Happ is 2-2, 5.33 in six career appearances against the Sox. He faced them on May 20 and allowed four runs in five innings. Happ allowed nine runs over 11.1 innings in his last two starts this season

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Why not play Vic at CF and Holt at RF?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why not play Vic at CF and Holt at RF?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would assume it is to put less stress on Vic's hammie.  less running around on astroturf.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe some of our guys should start spring training a month early so they can get into mid season form earlier

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

lol holt in CF? Is farrell crazy or just plain dumb? Also, enough with this ross/vasquez rotation, let vasquez start the majority of games, ross should be catching one of every 5 starts. How is vasquez ever going to get going if he only starts one game, then sits the next? Also, drew hitting ahead of xander? drew is brutal against lefties, I get that he is hitting well lately, but still. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·   Ortiz hit his 452 HRs in 2,065 games and 7,410 ABs. Yaz played 3,308 games and had 11,988 ABs

JBay, I don't have stats like the 'experts', but I think the talent today is a little more diluted than it used to be.  Also, and I don't have the stats either, but I'll bet Ortiz has spent a LOT longer resting on the bench DH'ing than Yaz did.

I'm not questioning Ortiz.  It's just comparing apples and oranges.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I call him Farkell, so the idiot part is already implied.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

GAME 100!

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I like this lineup. I guess Farrell thinks the team is tired from wacking the Jays around last night.

[/QUOTE]

You sure about that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBay, I don't have stats like the 'experts', but I think the talent today is a little more diluted than it used to be.  Also, and I don't have the stats either, but I'll bet Ortiz has spent a LOT longer resting on the bench DH'ing than Yaz did.

[/QUOTE]

I loved Yaz but he wasn't really a big home run hitter.  He only averaged 22 per 162 games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I loved Yaz but he wasn't really a big home run hitter.  He only averaged 22 per 162 games.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Certainly, on the whole, he wasn't a big bopper.  But he had a run of years there where his home run stroke was monsterous.  He was knocking 40 at a time when guys just weren't doing that.  Strange that, in the pre-roid era, someone would have such a slugger peak but only for a few years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the diluted talent in today's game.  It IS diluted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol holt in CF? Is farrell crazy or just plain dumb? Also, enough with this ross/vasquez rotation, let vasquez start the majority of games, ross should be catching one of every 5 starts. How is vasquez ever going to get going if he only starts one game, then sits the next? Also, drew hitting ahead of xander? drew is brutal against lefties, I get that he is hitting well lately, but still. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the days off are obviously cramping his .850 OPS.

So far, he's second only to Napoli.

Sections
Shortcuts